[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Morgan Blackhand is not included in the original Never Fade Away scenario / short story published in Cyberpunk 2013. He plays no part in it.
I wasn't talking about that part. I was talking about the actual storming of Arasaka when the nuke was planted and the fact he's a Night City Legend, one of which Jackie mentions at the start as well as the random graffiti we get saying 'Where is Morgan Blackhand'.

From what I gather from the old sourcebooks, he was the rival to Adam Smasher and took part in the scenario that resulted in Arasaka HQ getting nuked. It's weird because Johnny goes out of his way to not remember him.

Thus, my confusion here. Night Cities best merc, the legend we're trying to basically take for our own - why do we not see Morgan? Why do we only get the crumbs?

Morgan Blackhand is not included in the original Never Fade Away scenario / short story published in Cyberpunk 2013. He plays no part in it.
He was one of picks for childhood hero in 2018 game play demo, along with Johnny and Saburo. Both of them are in the game.

and what happened? Well the same what happens with Max Tac, subway system, flathead bot-pet etc.

I said it once, I'll say it again, the game could have SOOO much more longevity if focus is put on exploration/discovery. Things like starting your own business (detective, scavenger, shop owner, band member, etc), relationship activities, buying/modifying property, more organically unfolding stories (finding bodies in trunks, corporate espionage, holding up convoys), that could lead to bigger stories. Hell, these forums have lots of good ideas in them and I hope CDPR, at the very least, refines and implements some of them.

I said it once, I'll say it again, the game could have SOOO much more longevity if focus is put on exploration/discovery. Things like starting your own business (detective, scavenger, shop owner, band member, etc), relationship activities, buying/modifying property, more organically unfolding stories (finding bodies in trunks, corporate espionage, holding up convoys), that could lead to bigger stories. Hell, these forums have lots of good ideas in them and I hope CDPR, at the very least, refines and implements some of them.
I thing that this was an initial premise of the game, before Keanu came on board and the rest went out of the window.
Plot was changed, problem with deadlines and so and the RPG was dropped in favor of the action adventure that was practically a linear story with Keanu.
Director Krennic would say: “we were on the verge of greatness”

I am just watching a video about cut content.
Cut main story content....

Atm, we have 3 endings with 2 flavors each. Apparently, there were 5 ending that did not work because of bugs...

Sounds plausibel

If you are interested

I wasn't talking about that part. I was talking about the actual storming of Arasaka when the nuke was planted and the fact he's a Night City Legend, one of which Jackie mentions at the start as well as the random graffiti we get saying 'Where is Morgan Blackhand'.

From what I gather from the old sourcebooks, he was the rival to Adam Smasher and took part in the scenario that resulted in Arasaka HQ getting nuked. It's weird because Johnny goes out of his way to not remember him.

Thus, my confusion here. Night Cities best merc, the legend we're trying to basically take for our own - why do we not see Morgan? Why do we only get the crumbs?
Basically, CDPR merged 2 different events into one. Arasaka tower was attacked in 2013 to recover Alt, and it was attacked again 10 years later, when it was nuked.
Blackhand disappeared during this event, and was last seen on the roof battling with Smasher. His fate is unknown. He may have been killed by the blast or not, bets are still open... ;)

Basically, CDPR merged 2 different events into one. Arasaka tower was attacked in 2013 to recover Alt, and it was attacked 10 years later, when it was nuked.
Blackhand disappeared during this event, and was last seen on the roof battling with Smasher. His fate is unknown. He may be have killed by the blast or not, bets are still open... ;)
I really hope we get to see this guy return. A real legend, someone who I'd honestly love to see in some sort of mentor role. One NPC I'd like to see in DLC content.

I still find it immensely strange that Johnny just didn't remember him, yet the game does. To the point, I was theorising that Johnny's memories were tampered with to remove Morgan from them with NUSA tampering. But bah, that seems way too far fetched.

Basically, CDPR merged 2 different events into one. Arasaka tower was attacked in 2013 to recover Alt, and it was attacked again 10 years later, when it was nuked.
Blackhand disappeared during this event, and was last seen on the roof battling with Smasher. His fate is unknown. He may have been killed by the blast or not, bets are still open... ;)
Iirc, one of the mission parameters in the old pnp campaign was that Johnny could not survive the mission.
I saw a video from madqueenshow about that a few months ago.

Absolutely. Johnny is killed by Smasher. It's scripted :)
Thought so. My brain is still funktioning.

This little known fact completely renders the Keano unskilled the game theory irrelevant, because the 2018 gameplay trailer simply contained a false information.
Post automatically merged:

It would be just so Fucking great if we would get the 2018 game with Max Tac and subway and without Johnny and plot cancer
I mean it would be an opportunity to finally bring some player agency into the mix or to simply find an ending, where the relic will simply stop killing V - the downside would be to be stuck with Johnny.

I mean it would be an opportunity to finally bring some player agency into the mix or to simply find an ending, where the relic will simply stop killing V - the downside would be to be stuck with Johnny.

Wouldn't be that bad to be honest - at least it would be considerably better than the mess we have now.

I would only play that if it changed the outcome of the main story and prologue. I don't want to strengthen my bond with Jackie even more, knowing that he will die during The Heist.

Humanizing Boromir makes his story more poignant. Not every story is a happy ending.

Now if V learned how to hack air cars during that DLC and we could use Saburo's AC to escape from the roof, that would make it worth playing those 6 months. And then write Jackie out of the story cause he's hunted by Arasaka and goes into hiding to protect Misty and his mom (that also needs to be retconned for the main story, cause it's ridiculous that Yorinobu forgets about us, after the first assassination attempt). Then have him come back for some missions at the end which give us a satisfying 8th ending which does not end with V being turned into an engram or dying.

He could also be injured/dying that way too. Wouldn't take much change.

Edit:

Anyone check out the supposed developer's leak?

I am just watching a video about cut content.
Cut main story content....

Atm, we have 3 endings with 2 flavors each. Apparently, there were 5 ending that did not work because of bugs...

Sounds plausibel

If you are interested
If what is being said in that video holds up, that would be awesome. but I also fear its not really the answer I was searching for. But we'll see I guess.

Wouldn't be that bad to be honest - at least it would be considerably better than the mess we have now.
I disagree. I didn't play this game with V just to have her being replaced at the end by Johnny. It defeats the entire purpose even still.
The only acceptabe end result that should ultimately be added is a followup to save V, if the plot insists on V to die in 6 months. -or- remove the 6 months crap.

Last edited:
Humanizing Boromir makes his story more poignant. Not every story is a happy ending.

He could also be injured/dying that way too. Wouldn't take much change.

Edit:

Anyone check out the supposed developer's leak?

boromir does have a meaningful ending, where he finds redemption from his weaknesses.

That is actually pretty positive.
Post automatically merged:

If what is being said in that video holds up, that would be awesome. but I also fear its not really the answer I was searching for. But we'll see I guess.

If what is being said in that video holds up, that would be awesome. but I also fear its not really the answer I was searching for.

I disagree. I didn't play this game with V just to have her being replaced at the end by Johnny. It defeats the entire purpose even still.
The only acceptabe end result that should ultimately be added is a followup to save V, if the plot insists on V to die in 6 months. -or- remove the 6 months crap.
We were discussing the "odd couple ending". We shut down the biochip using arasaka tech and freeze our current state.

No cancer but with Johnny in our head.

I feel like more jackie content would also underscore what I THINK they were going for.

Jackie is willing to DIE to escape the slums. Becoming a legend isn't about fame, it's about securing a new life for him, you, and Misty. This last big score is something he's giving you because he thinks its the key to some nebulous dream for you all. Having that emphasized would be pretty good I think and make him giving you the chip (despite the fact it won't help him in the slightest) more meaningful.

It's also doubly notable because its clear Misty is fine where she is.

Mind you, I wish we had more Evelyn content too.

I feel like more jackie content would also underscore what I THINK they were going for.

Jackie is willing to DIE to escape the slums. Becoming a legend isn't about fame, it's about securing a new life for him, you, and Misty. This last big score is something he's giving you because he thinks its the key to some nebulous dream for you all. Having that emphasized would be pretty good I think and make him giving you the chip (despite the fact it won't help him in the slightest) more meaningful.

It's also doubly notable because its clear Misty is fine where she is.

Mind you, I wish we had more Evelyn content too.
There is a difference in biting the bullet seeking a better life and going belly up to safe a friend ans atone for your sins.

Top Bottom