[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I agree that the background for the end choices is kinda wacky but allowing V to live a happy life with no requirements and no consequences is even dumber.

no requirements, except the trail of dead friends.
where does this belief come from, that if V survives the ending with no 6 month bomb collar, that they automatically have a happy life. They live in a shit dying world with gangs of organ harvesters roaming the streets, corporations that are too large to fail choking the life out of the populace.
Why does giving the body to Johnny have to be an equally balanced option? why can't it just exist for the niche player who feels like after everything their V's has been through they just want to let the world go and give a second chance to a friend they never expected to have? actually give the choice some weight and gravity in someone's playthrough, it IS meant to be a role playing game, apparently.

For me it’s really hard to write a sad ending and not to look like a edge lord It the process. This game proves this, that’s it’s very hard.

Writing sad ending if it isn’t serving a plot is done either for cheap emotion, but also proves that writer run out of ideas long time ago or that writer is a sad person who thinks that this is how the world looks like and that everyone should suffer with him.

Most People are not like this and this is making them to oppose such things.

This is mostly not done it the mainstream release since they are about invoking positive emotions. Definitely not done if you are starting the series.
if this is one time flick slash side/indie project ok so be it. No body is expecting to watch Cabin in the Woods 2. As nobody is expecting to play new entry to the Nier Automata.

Mainstream release nope. Mainstream release with great plans? Shoot in the head.

I wrote short story, where V has two endings:

Path of Freedom - V leaves NC for all times, because after Mikoshi assault he is wanted for terrorism and other crimes. Also Arasaka put a price on his head. No glory, no money, but freedom and love of Panam/Judy. Kerry or River will dump him, though.

Path of Glory - V stays as legendary merc and Arasaka new top enforcer, like Smasher before him, because only Arasaka can protect V from legal trials and 1000 electrochairs V rightfully earned for his multiple crimes. Mountains of eddies, glory, exclusive Arasaka gear, but no freedom, and Panam/Judy will dump him. River and Kerry are fine, though.
thats nice and simple love it, also for Arasaka the content is already in game from the corpo prologue lifepath mission.. like put me back in my counter intel office (at the very least) with a small terminal message that says eeeh we're working on that 6 months bs + removed the reload to last checkpoint eh go out there and get'em tiger.

I wrote short story, where V has two endings:

Path of Freedom - V leaves NC for all times, because after Mikoshi assault he is wanted for terrorism and other crimes. Also Arasaka put a price on his head. No glory, no money, but freedom and love of Panam/Judy. Kerry or River will dump him, though.

Path of Glory - V stays as legendary merc and Arasaka new top enforcer, like Smasher before him, because only Arasaka can protect V from legal trials and 1000 electrochairs V rightfully earned for his multiple crimes. Mountains of eddies, glory, exclusive Arasaka gear, but no freedom, and Panam/Judy will dump him. River and Kerry are fine, though.

None of these endings feel even remotely emotionally satisfying. There's no closure here.
Post automatically merged:

It's not dumb to let V live

It's not dumb, letting V live is retarded and awful writing.

If I recall correctly the Relic has rewritten the body to no longer accept V's engram anymore but instead Johnny's.
Alt says at some point that V's body is now Johnny's body.

For the record, I don't believe there is no possibility to reverse that damage. cetainly some piece of tech or whit is available somewhere to change that.

If the relic was able to alter the DNA towards Johnny, then it would also be able to alter it towards V once rewritten by Alt. If you argue that there was no pure V left to scan at this time, but instead merely a Johnn-V hybrid, then this could be written on the relic and defuse the situation, albeit leaving you as said hybrid. It's shoddy writing, I'm sorry...

thats nice and simple love it, also for Arasaka the content is already in game from the corpo prologue lifepath mission.. like put me back in my counter intel office (at the very least) with a small terminal message that says eeeh we're working on that 6 months bs + removed the reload to last checkpoint eh go out there and get'em tiger.
Nah, in my story there is no 6 months crap at all, both V have a long life ahead)

Really? And there are people in this thread who like it)

Which proves nothing. What is the theme's resolutions of V living an happy and long life?

The theme of Cyberpunk is the inevitability of death, and how to deal with it. What is the theme of your endings instead? What do your endings have to say to the player?

In addition: I myself have been theorizing that
If the relic was able to alter the DNA towards Johnny, then it would also be able to alter it towards V once rewritten by Alt. If you argue that there was no pure V left to scan at this time, but instead merely a Johnn-V hybrid, then this could be written on the relic and defuse the situation, albeit leaving you as said hybrid. It's shoddy writing, I'm sorry...
I think they made a big mess in that Soulkiller could create a near perfect copy from the person in question by digitizing it.
and that the Relic did both that and do shit to the body.
I'm not caught up to the full lore of these devices so I may simply not understand it completely.
But all this feels like a hassle between multiple devices.
I even believe the Relic in question was a prototype of which only one existed, but there were earlier versions, that was also never mentioned anymore if they could still be used in some way, at least I've not come acros any such info.
And then Soulkiller... I'm still a bit hazed on of Soulkiller is pure within the net.

Ooh boy what a web... I think I'm gonna use my second Nomad run to get a bit more info on this in a slower pace...

why would every game need to have a happy ending?
AA game? I don’t know
AAA game? Since its expensive af and you want to keep the series going. While making it look sad you are only alienating some part of your customers, where you don’t know the actual %, yet this still will hurt your expectations . They paid you for entertainment and positive you gave them negactive one.
do you expect that any commercials that would invoke negative emotions be a successful one?

No add to this COVID, economic crisis on the one side and shitload of bugs, glitches and cut content. You have rigged your game and studio along with it with explosives and set it to the demolition.

I do too, so let's criticize the lack of C&C, and not the fact that it has a dramatic ending. The two things are not the same, because better C&C doesn't necessarily mean having an happy ending.
The two things are correlated.
I don't know how to express this in english well but a game based on c&c need to respect the choices of players by giving them a various types of endings to reward or punish based on merits.
I'm not against bad endings but if you give us only a single type of ending just with small superficial difference, without any real closure in a game that supposed to be about c&c I think you failed completely and you are only doing that for shock value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom