[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
This is one of the most barren open world I have played if it's an open world. You can't do much random stuffs, most of the time, you're just driving from point A to point B. People don't talk to you, you can't screw around with teleporting cops, the NPCs aren't reactive. The world feels pretty lifeless since you can't really do too much. At least let me order and eat some of that noodles. XD
Don't you say choom.

I have noticed that.
Question is: did CDPR notice it as well? Maybe we should tell them that this is advertised as an open world game

If you gonna go for harem as Geralt
1610309217134.png

Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't say V is a loser. It's that the story is so incoherent it's kind of stupid. Like, story suppose to be about some merc, that is not a hero or anything, just a merc. But then last mission V is made into the hero as taking down Arasaka, out of nowhere.

Last edited:
And i agree heartily that it doesn't work for how the story is done.
But going all "it's only dark and edgy to like a dying protagonist" - that's off mark.
Post automatically merged:

First isn't adressing my point. But sure...
Second - Again, the full message could still be "Death is inevitable, do the best with your time".
Third - You don't like the premise. Deal with it. But stop taking a shit on other people, just because you dislike it. Hell i even agree that i think most people like happy endings more, but you're acting as if people who like other stories are emotional teenager or some such...
I mean Plenty of people loved Philadelphia. Plenty of People liked plenty of movies in which the main characters (Butterfly Effect) failed in what they wanted to achieve.
Problem is that this is a mainstream release. People mostly bought this because this was supposed to be fun game TW3 flavored GTA in sci fi not a philosophy lectures about death done during world revenging pandemic .

No matter where you look for most of its player base those endings are nothing more than a cliffhanger that will be fixed by Biotechnica or Hanako magic.

Try to leave those endings like they are now and you have MassEffect 3 fiasco 2.0.
Considering astronomical level of hype of this game and the fact that emotions are running high due to everything (COVID, economic crisis, shitty politics in every wester country) it will be even far worse.

I admit, I didn't read all the replies here, but I take issue with the statement that all endings are sad.

Clearly they WANTED me to think my deal with Hanako was a "bad" ending..
but I think it's absolutely fine.

I'm delighted that old dude took over his son's body. that's some justice right there, lol. and I bought myself another 6 months to live, and I went to space.. that's win win win, in my book.

seems pretty good to me. no idea why the tone of the dialog was trying to convince me it was sad.
You're the kind of person playing games to lose, right ?
Well, at least, you had some satisfaction...

I feel that CP2077 could have benefited with the option to play in 3rd person a lot.

At least a vanity-cam would have been great. When I run just from A to B I really would have liked to press the button and check my V's ugliest outfit ... ^^

Same category of "Why do games still omitt such basic features in 2020???" - like hairdressing, option to redesign you characters body/face, preview equipment, transmogrify armour etc...

I think T-bug and Jackie died very early, it would be much better if the two stayed alive trying to help V, and maybe they would end up dying in the process which would make everything worse but the death of the two could be better used. One more friend could be introduced to V, and he could try to help V too, there is Takemura but he could have someone else, and she would also die because in the Cyberpunk world everyone dies and it is a cruel world. :coolstory:
They also, if the story continues, they need to kill Panam, for me to cry and after the load and save her.

Guys... I ve read sooo much of this thread its almost unhealthy :coolstory:

btw have nothing important to say because/except i stopped playing main story due 7 ways to die (understand kill your character you bond with, im not prepare for this depression kek) for 60€ *sad cactus*
Who is gonna pay for my rehab? who? WHO CDPR?!

keeeeeep going this thread guys, they have to hear us! :smart: (you) :D

I think T-bug and Jackie died very early, it would be much better if the two stayed alive trying to help V, and maybe they would end up dying in the process which would make everything worse but the death of the two could be better used. One more friend could be introduced to V, and he could try to help V too, there is Takemura but he could have someone else, and she would also die because in the Cyberpunk world everyone dies and it is a cruel world. :coolstory:
They also, if the story continues, they need to kill Panam, for me to cry and after the load and save her.
The T-Bug death or something really annoyed me the whole game. Like T-Bug just dissapeared, where? What happened? World just forgot about her. Just like Arasaka forgot about Takemura and V.

Armageddon, Titanic, Scarface, Crank, Bravheart, Gladiator, Shining, The Godfather, Sweeny Todd, Butterfly Effect, 300, Philadelphia, V for Vendetta, I am Legend, the Matrix, Romeo + Juliet, The Prestige, Terminator 2, Man on Fire, Reservoir Dogs ... - yeah dying main characters are just "edgy" and "dark" and totally not up for big action markets or something... :shrug:
Those are movies, not RPGs.
They die for something, not because "Fuck you Moron, that's MY story !".

Nah. People barking at the wrong tree here.
O really ?

The problem is the game isn't consistently going in tone. It's neither here or there exactly. A lot of the "come to terms with dying" from people is simply not mirrored in what you can choose to do. So it feels mostly like a story whereas you can reach survival, and when you feel you've reached it (ignoring Soulkiller, and rightfully so) the writers went "Yeah but you die...".
Nah.
The writers went for "Oh shit we're still late, let's cut content and butcher storyline and ship the game for Xmas."
The endings have no meanings. You die for nothing. The aftermath is simply "why bother living and make friends suffer. Let's simply lie on the ground and die."

(ignoring Soulkiller, and rightfully so)
Rightfully ? How's that ?
How can they be rightfull ignoring one of the pillar of the Cyberpunk genre : digitized mind and virtual immortality ?

Those are movies, not RPGs.
They die for something, not because "Fuck you Moron, that's MY story !".

O really ?

Nah.
The writers went for "Oh shit we're still late, let's cut content and butcher storyline and ship the game for Xmas."
The endings have no meanings. You die for nothing. The aftermath is simply "why bother living and make friends suffer. Let's simply lie on the ground and die."

Rightfully ? How's that ?
How can they be rightfull ignoring one of the pillar of the Cyberpunk genre : digitized mind and virtual immortality ?
Interestingky, the moment a very interesting discussion between Johnny and engram V starts, alt swoops in (literally out of the left field - oh the irony) and tells us she fucked up.

Several disappointmennts with only one move. Respect.

The T-Bug death or something really annoyed me the whole game. Like T-Bug just dissapeared, where? What happened? World just forgot about her. Just like Arasaka forgot about Takemura and V.

You can go check out the netrunner's shop in some market and ask. The first place T-bug sends you to basically, where you get a free 'ping' script.

I read here and there many posts about what Max Mike says about his game and how he defines it.
To add to them, I share with you 3 pages from "The Unexpurgated Cyberpunk Referee Handbook Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads" (1994). This article, written by Mike Pondsmith, is about the genre and about the game.
I think you will find in his words many elements CDPR overlooked or simply ignored.
I hope he won't mind my post and I invoke fair use for sharing this.

PS : Love You Mike

5.jpg

I think she got black iced by Arasaka own netrunners. Her brain was fried before she could unplug.
She is probably still lying in her cold tub.

like with many missions you need to go to the right place and ask the right questions to find out the fate of T-Bug. A few people refer to her as dead but her friend that gives you a quickhack is quite graphic about her death

I read here and there many posts about what Max Mike says about his game and how he defines it.
To add to them, I share with you 3 pages from "The Unexpurgated Cyberpunk Referee Handbook Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads" (1994). This article, written by Mike Pondsmith, is about the genre and about the game.
I think you will find in his words many elements CDPR overlooked or simply ignored.
I hope he won't mind my post and I invoke fair use for sharing this.

PS : Love You Mike

View attachment 11136998
like i said before cdpr obviously DID NOT DO THEIR HOMEWORK!

Top Bottom