[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
nah, he was shocked in that moment, and he punches you in the face when he first finds you if you say something. Something changes from him first finding you to the car scene. V doesn't remember/know what it is. Even if he didnt believe poision, your character is still a likely suspect
Uh.... it's because he is on the phone with Yorinobu... He always suspected Yorinobu was the killer.... in fact Hanako tells you she and the board knew he was lying...and he only slaps you if you open your mouth anyway... if you skip dialogue you don't get slapped....

Last edited:
Uh.... it's because he is on the phone with Yorinobu... He always suspected Yorinobu was the killer.... in fact Hanako tells you she and the board knew he was lying...and he only slaps you if you open your mouth anyway... if you skip dialogue you don't get slapped....

yes, that shows he isn't seeing you as a valuable witness at that point. I'm not saying he believed the poisoning, but there's no logical reason to think he knows V isnt involved at that point. By the time you talk to him at the diner, he knows everything, but they never show us telling him. This implies V is forgetting a lot of whats going on

well, as far as i recall, none of my characters committed to anything with regards to goro or hanako, and yes i helped takemura with the parade & setting up the meeting with hanako, i still made it clear i wasn't sold on going to saka at every point along the path, even after hearing out hanako, actually i was even more turned off of arasaka at that point.

hanako's plan was all kinds of wrong (imho), the board already knew yuri was the killer but didn't care, and bringing in a thief to testify is supposed to change that land scape, hanako already admitted no one important cared at all...

now, as long as you don't lead on goro, i can't honestly see how you're betraying him. however, we are all individuals who can't see eye to eye on everything. now, before you go on about honor and duty, i had a classical education in ninpo (note i still use the term as it's what ninjutsu was called originally, even though the meaning has changed in modern times), i spent 10 years learning in the traditional manner, eating honor, duty, and religion with my ongoing martial studies. second-degree blackbelt by the way (had to bowout do to injuries), so i have a few ideas about honor, and it's application.

well, as far as i recall, none of my characters committed to anything with regards to goro or hanako, and yes i helped takemura with the parade & setting up the meeting with hanako, i still made it clear i wasn't sold on going to saka at every point along the path, even after hearing out hanako, actually i was even more turned off of arasaka at that point.

hanako's plan was all kinds of wrong (imho), the board already knew yuri was the killer but didn't care, and bringing in a thief to testify is supposed to change that land scape, hanako already admitted no one important cared at all...

now, as long as you don't lead on goro, i can't honestly see how you're betraying him. however, we are all individuals who can't see eye to eye on everything. now, before you go on about honor and duty, i had a classical education in ninpo (note i still use the term as it's what ninjutsu was called originally, even though the meaning has changed in modern times), i spent 10 years learning in the traditional manner, eating honor, duty, and religion with my ongoing martial studies. second-degree blackbelt by the way (had to bowout do to injuries), so i have a few ideas about honor, and it's application.
It's goro's own fault for allowing himself to be lead on, then. They should provide you more options if you just want to use him as a tool that makes it more clear you are strictly business. Unless you want to play the sociopathic manipulative type, I mean that's fine if it's how you roll. There is no way in getting around Takemura thinking you have a meaningful friendship by the time the parade is over.

That's good that you have all that experience but my point is the honor comes in if you form a friendship with Goro. If you want to use him and he makes it a one sided friendship I don't know what to tell you. But you can't really blame him for cursing you out if he deluded himself to thinking you had become friends.

When I was talking about the other person being offensive it had to do with Goro's responsibility to Arasaka not the V/Goro dynamic

Last edited:
well, i'm not saying he doesn't have every right to curse you out in the ending, he even has the right to FEEL betrayed, however, as best as i can tell, unless you specifically mislead him, factually you aren't betraying him. now, i know i'm using language that seems to make my statement sound like fact, but it's just as much opinion as anything else, and even if i was posting purely factual information, it's almost always going to be open to some kind of interpretation.

Last edited:
My personal hot take: Goro idolized Saburo and probably is infatuated with Hanako. His goals are very clear, and it's not surprising that he will hate anyone who doesn't work with Hanako to take down Yorinobu. Doesn't really matter if V and Goro were beginning to be friends, if you thwart his main motivation.

What really would have been interesting would have been if we could have seen more of Yorinobu, and maybe had a situation where Goro's faith in Arasaka is shaken if he spoke to him. I'm not sure if it's established that Yorinobu suspected that his father had a plan to take his body using the Relic, but if he did, that's a really good reason to want to betray him.

uhh, I can't see this as Using goro, goro gets much more out of the situation than a V who doesn't go with arasaka.
1)V gives Goro hellman, who he could not get
2)V saves his life
3)V gets hanako to listen to him

What does V get of value from Arasaka or Goro?

what is V "using" Goro for?

Last edited:
uhh, I can't see this as Using goro, goro gets much more out of the situation than a V who doesn't go with arasaka.
1)V gives Goro hellman, who he could not get
2)V saves his life
3)V gets hanako to listen to him

What does V get of value from Arasaka or Goro?

what is V "using" Goro for?
None of that shit matters if you destroy Arasaka and kill Hanako. I really have no interest in talking to you BTW I don't know if you figured that out yet.
Post automatically merged:

My personal hot take: Goro idolized Saburo and probably is infatuated with Hanako. His goals are very clear, and it's not surprising that he will hate anyone who doesn't work with Hanako to take down Yorinobu. Doesn't really matter if V and Goro were beginning to be friends, if you thwart his main motivation.

What really would have been interesting would have been if we could have seen more of Yorinobu, and maybe had a situation where Goro's faith in Arasaka is shaken if he spoke to him. I'm not sure if it's established that Yorinobu suspected that his father had a plan to take his body using the Relic, but if he did, that's a really good reason to want to betray him.
He's not infatuated with Hanako. Please. He just views her as a sister. Saburo is like his father and Hanako is like his sister. In his mind, he is one of the family.

It's established really clearly in the devil's ending he didn't even know Saburo had an engram and he was angry when he found out. I believe Saburo taking Yourinobu's body is what made him done with idolizing Saburo and not sad at all to be reassigned. By the epilogue his only goal seems to be convincing you to live so he can see you again and getting the fuck away from Saburo, back to Japan. You need to play the whole story and read the dialogue before you try to do character analysis...

Last edited:
i kind of have to disagree with you on the the point that friendship automatically makes it betrayal, now still, i'm not denying goro won't feel betrayed, or doesn't have the right to feel betrayed, but that still doesn't automatically lead to betrayal.
you can be friends with someone, not see eye to eye on a situation, and take a divergent path to the one your friend wishes you to take. i mean, isn't that what friendship is, two people seeing things differently and still deciding to put their differences aside? just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you'd automatically have to follow them against your own best interest, or perceived best interest. some friends would do so, some wouldn't even be asking for help in the first place under those circumstances.

i kind of have to disagree with you on the the point that friendship automatically makes it betrayal, now still, i'm not denying goro won't feel betrayed, or doesn't have the right to feel betrayed, but that still doesn't automatically lead to betrayal.
you can be friends with someone, not see eye to eye on a situation, and take a divergent path to the one your friend wishes you to take. i mean, isn't that what friendship is, two people seeing things differently and still deciding to put their differences aside? just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you'd automatically have to follow them against your own best interest, or perceived best interest. some friends would do so, some wouldn't even be asking for help in the first place under those circumstances.
I said that you could argue that goro gets deluded into thinking you are friends but it's one-sided. But that just makes his suicide voicemail genuine. Similar to the voicemail where Panam told you off.

You're not friends with Goro if you know his life is over without Yorinobu being brought to justice and you help Yorinobu anyway. That's not even debatable.

I don't think he was infatuated with hanako, He sees the whole family as a ruler class, with saburo as the true ruler. Hanako was the leader of the saburo faction, the most likely to be against yorinobu if they knew he killed saburo.

I don't think Yori suspected, but he knew his father could destroy him if the situation demanded it. Strangely I don't think his goal was ever to kill him though, even though he has been trying to destroy the company for years. Could be wrong though, maybe he just never had an oppurtunity

I said that you could argue that goro gets deluded into thinking you are friends but it's one-sided. But that just makes his suicide voicemail genuine. Similar to the voicemail where Panam told you off.

i was just debating what constitutes betrayal, or what doesn't constitute it. these kinds of predicaments would pop up fairly regularly during our training sessions, i guess it's just habit on my part.

i was just debating what constitutes betrayal, or what doesn't constitute it. these kinds of predicaments would pop up fairly regularly during our training sessions, i guess it's just habit on my part.
It shouldn't make anyone feel good to see goro kill himself for being hurt by you even if you didn't mean for it. And that's why I hate the other fucking endings. I mean blowing up Arasaka is satisfying but I don't want goro to kill himself over it, I don't want Hanako to die, and I definitely don't want to help Yorinobu.

None of that shit matters if you destroy Arasaka and kill Hanako. I really have no interest in talking to you BTW I don't know if you figured that out yet.

He's not infatuated with Hanako. Please. He just views her as a sister. Saburo is like his father and Hanako is like his sister. In his mind, he is one of the family.

It's established really clearly in the devil's ending he didn't even know Saburo had an engram and he was angry when he found out. I believe Saburo taking Yourinobu's body is what made him done with idolizing Saburo and not sad at all to be reassigned. By the epilogue his only goal seems to be convincing you to live so he can see you again and getting the fuck away from Saburo, back to Japan. You need to play the whole story and read the dialogue before you try to do character analysis...

You're getting a bit aggressive here, I'm not doing character analysis, I said it was a hot take and I wasn't sure of what Yorinobu knew or when he knew it. I'm just giving my opinion on what would have made for an interesting story.

I only watched both versions of the Devil ending on youtube, but that doesn't mean I'm unable to comment on it. The story puts way too much exposition at the very end, in my opinion, and while I found the Arasaka story fascinating, it would have been better if more of it was spread out throughout the game, instead of only at the beginning and the Devil ending.

You're getting a bit aggressive here, I'm not doing character analysis, I said it was a hot take and I wasn't sure of what Yorinobu knew or when he knew it. I'm just giving my opinion on what would have made for an interesting story.

I only watched both versions of the Devil ending on youtube, but that doesn't mean I'm unable to comment on it. The story puts way too much exposition at the very end, in my opinion, and while I found the Arasaka story fascinating, it would have been better if more of it was spread out throughout the game, instead of only at the beginning and the Devil ending.
The "I don't want to talk to you" is to someone else and the posts where the drama happened got deleted by the mods.

Yeah I think there was way to little corpo stuff and there needed to be way more dialogue with all the corpo characters you do meet

Last edited:

in game, it seems like the vast majority of the Arasaka part of the corpo story is after point of no return, and reading some computer emails. It makes sense because before that, your not within their circle, but the takemura parts feel a bit boring early on without knowing all the Arasaka drama.

then again since you can only align with hanako, it might feel weird to find out about Yorinobu, or even Michiko's perspective/faction drama earlier

Yeah, I remember that a few months ago when River was your main romance you were really mad about the endings like the rest of us. Then you romanced Judy and chose the Star ending and your reaction changed completely. This is not me hating on you or anything like that, I just think that is a perfect exemple of how the experience is different for someone that romanced one of the girls and did the Star ending compared to someone that romanced Kerry or River and did the Sun ending.
Well, my reaction hasn´t changed completely, though. I still think that people are rightfully mad about it that they don´t have an equal ending. You´re right my first 2 plays i romanced River, but in any following i went with Judy. My connection with Judy just felt better and the feelings for her were that much stronger. So ever since I knew Judy was who I wanted to be with, because we were matching perfectly. Sorry if that may disappoint you, but I´m still with you that people with River or Kerry deserve better.

in game, it seems like the vast majority of the Arasaka part of the corpo story is after point of no return, and reading some computer emails. It makes sense because before that, your not within their circle, but the takemura parts feel a bit boring early on without knowing all the Arasaka drama.

then again since you can only align with hanako, it might feel weird to find out about Yorinobu, or even Michiko's perspective/faction drama earlier
I find it kinda wierd that Yorinobu of all the Arasakas seems to be the secret good guy, since you would never think that the way he acts. Or better said, the stuff you witness him doing.

Last edited:
Well, my reaction hasn´t changed completely, though. I still think that people are rightfully mad about it that they don´t have an equal ending. You´re right my first 2 plays i romanced River, but in any following i went with Judy. My connection with Judy just felt better and the feelings for her were that much stronger. So ever since I knew Judy was who I wanted to be with, because we were matching perfectly. Sorry if that may disappoint you, but I´m still with you that people with River or Kerry deserve better.

I find it kinda wierd that Yorinobu of all the Arasakas seems to be the secret good guy, since you would never think that the way he acts. Or better said, the stuff you witness him doing.

well, he's not exactly a good guy, but he is opposed to world dominated by Saburo/corporations. He seems a bit sinister, just from the framing, yeah. We hear him scheming, and he is often angry, then we see him kill his father. But his story is in the background, apparently Evelyn respects him, and Jackie mentions he opposed Arasaka before.

Also, a lot of what we learn about him is from takemura's perspective.

Initially I think the player might feel like yorinobu is hunting V, but it becomes more apparent takemura was his main target. Not even sure he knew V was in play.

But that was his big mistake I guess, he didnt know V is the chess piece (main char power)that determines the fate of all these organizations.

Top Bottom