[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Johnny: alt, can I talk to you for 1 second: Alt logs off.

then again maybe Johnny shouldn't go see alt right after making out with rogue when she can literally read his whole soul.
You can actually say one last thing to her, and the whole conversation is a bit different; Johnny and Alt are nice to each other, but it depends on some specific choices beforehand, which I didn't bother to figure out. I think it could be linked to Johnny's flashbacks with Alt.

Here are the things you can say:
1614687892514.png

Alt's responses are as follows:
  1. Yes, you as well, Johnny.
  2. Yes. Watch out for yourself, Johnny.
  3. Yes. It's funny (Johnny: "pretty funny, right? Like old times.").
She disappears after.

Last edited:
That would be like selling the last 100 pages of a book tho :) Quite manipulative, since you don't know that the last pages are missing when you start reading it. But there's YouTube for this kind of DLC.

Paying money for dev's work -- OK, but planning the product in such a way that the last part of the story is missing and you can't make sense of it till you buy it -- not OK.

Nonetheless, since it's just FREE DLCs now, I'm just hoping it's not a bunch of random separate quests with lots of shards, but proper storylines, like River's.
They said before launch that the game is a complete experience, so unless anything has changed their mind they do intend for the plot to have no resolution.

Also if the witcher is anything to go off of, the free dlc will probably be cars and some kind of barber/cosmetics shop. Anything of substance with probably be next year if they even do paid dlc for this apparently cursed game at this point.

You can actually say one last thing to her, and the whole conversation is a bit different; Johnny and Alt are nice to each other, but it depends on some specific choices beforehand, which I didn't bother to figure out. I think it could be linked to Johnny's flashbacks with Alt.

Here are the things you can say:
View attachment 11187631

Alt's responses are as follows:
  1. Yes, you as well, Johnny.
  2. Yes. Watch out for yourself, Johnny.
  3. Yes. It's funny (Johnny: "pretty funny, right? Like old times.").
She disappears after.

interesting, but I think I saw some other ones. also is this in the voodoo boys alt meeting, or in the Johnny ending Alt meeting? because I saw some other responses I think

They said before launch that the game is a complete experience, so unless anything has changed their mind they do intend for the plot to have no resolution.

Also if the witcher is anything to go off of, the free dlc will probably be cars and some kind of barber/cosmetics shop. Anything of substance with probably be next year if they even do paid dlc for this apparently cursed game at this point.

they said the game is a complete experience, but also said they plan for expansions revisting the same characters. they also said they wouldn't charge people for a complete experience, however they had free dlcs planned.

the article was not nearly as straight forward as you imply

Wouldn't have minded accommodation option though i thought there might have been a merger option instead, which would be the one scenario where it would be ok to rewrite V's behaviour in the ending versus player choice.

Yeah, i'm still hoping the horrid plot cancer death is a DLC hook.

I thought that Johnny would take you over no matter what, based on how you find more and more of his stuff throughout the game, and even see his reflection in the mirror a few times. I sure felt like I was becoming Johnny when I was wearing his glasses, jacket, etc and driving his car. I think it would have been cool to have a last emotional convo with your LI and they don't recongnize you, and Johnny is either sad or tells them to get over it based on your gameplay up to this point. This would require taking agency from the player which I know some people don't like, but Johnny does take you over so it makes sense.

I also thought if your relationship with him was good enough, he'd sacrifice himself for you, based on some of the dialogue you have with him. I would have LOVED some super serious conversation with Johnny where he tells V to go on, and be happy and don't make the same mistakes he did. You kind of get this if you check the text at the beginning of the Star ending, but I think Keanu would have nailed this with voice acting, especially after the oilfields convo.

I also did not like the 6 months to die thing, I think it was a little too much after everything V went through.

Well, the next time you buy a game better make sure that you really like what you receive for your money, especially when you are familiar with CDPR The witcher strategy.

Guest 4519094

that BAFTA thingy is bad news, also Johnny mentions Alt contacted him after she died in arasaka tower, and if she could do that there's no reason for V or Johnny (who ever goes with her at the end) to not come back and say hi later. ;)

that BAFTA thingy is bad news, also Johnny mentions Alt contacted him after she died in arasaka tower, and if she could do that there's no reason for V or Johnny (who ever goes with her at the end) to not come back and say hi later. ;)

Naaaah, she devours them :)

It's funny cause when you play as V in Mikoshi, she says she's gonna consume Johnny, but not V (so V, give Johnny the body and follow me as an independent being). When you play as Johnny in Mikoshi, she says she IS gonna consume V. The only explanation I can come up with is "Player chose Keanu cause they like him > they might want to give him the body > by consuming V we can make them feel a bit guilty".

Naaaah, she devours them :)

It's funny cause when you play as V in Mikoshi, she says she's gonna consume Johnny, but not V (so V, give Johnny the body and follow me as an independent being). When you play as Johnny in Mikoshi, she says she IS gonna consume V. The only explanation I can come up with is "Player chose Keanu cause they like him > they might want to give him the body > by consuming V we can make them feel a bit guilty".

I think Alt probably has to incorporate engrams in order for the engrams to survive, but maybe gives them some autonomy. She tells Johnny she will free them, but also that they will become a part of something greater. I hope we eventually learn more about this stuff, but it doesn't seem to be a major part of V's story anymore, so who knows.

Well, "are definitely not counted" is not true. Open ending implies that you can't know for sure.

So, technically, V not dying is just as headcanon as V dying.
Well, in nomad ending i had, V specifically mentions that Victor's drugs start to be effective, and then Panam mentions she has lots of contacts to where they go to help V's condition. Both express confidence that V will manage to find the solution to her condition and thus avoid dying any time soon.

And if we summon a bit of common sense, then we can clearly see how V's body can un-do all the genetic alterations V's body suffered due to presense of Johnny: if Johnny's persona was the force changing genetic code of V's body, then V's persona, in absense of Johnny, can clearly do the same "backwards", and quite in time - considering that Johnny's managed to create the problem in merely few weeks, while V (after removing Johnny) has half a year or so, as explained by Alt.

Johnny was able to do the alteration to a stranger's (V's) body, so then V can do it to a stranger's (Johnny's to large extent) body, too. Even that Johnny was an engram - is actually the same to V's situation post-Alt, as both were in fact soulkilled, just the same. And even physical device would most likely be the same: i presume, when Alt says she can put V's engram back into her body, - it's actually arasaka's biochip which actually is physical device to which V's engram is put back, by Alt. I.e., V post-Alt would have pretty much same "hardware capability" to re-write body's DNA as Johnny had. 100% same, as it's literally same piece of hardware in use.

This is why at least some of endings clearly indicate that V survives. Some others, of course, indicate the opposite. Now which one of possible endings would end up being "official canon"? No freaking idea here. Is it defined already, or not yet? No idea too. Please enlighten me, if there is anything to know. Thanks!

And if we summon a bit of common sense, then we can clearly see how V's body can un-do all the genetic alterations V's body suffered due to presense of Johnny: if Johnny's persona was the force changing genetic code of V's body, then V's persona, in absense of Johnny, can clearly do the same "backwards", and quite in time - considering that Johnny's managed to create the problem in merely few weeks, while V (after removing Johnny) has half a year or so, as explained by Alt.

You would think.... You've successfully managed to describe what shall henceforth be known as the dark future DNA paradox. :)

This is why at least some of endings clearly indicate that V survives. Some others, of course, indicate the opposite. Now which one of possible endings would end up being "official canon"? No freaking idea here. Is it defined already, or not yet? No idea too. Please enlighten me, if there is anything to know. Thanks!

Technically every 6 month to live ending indicates V survives. The question is what happens in the next 100 pages we don't have yet? Is V dead at the end of those 6 months? Is V alive at the end of those 6 months? Is V in the matrix with a Suicide hack pointed at them hoping Morpheus can establish contact without opening it?

Could make CDPR believe they made a good job. To be fair, cp77 is beautiful on the visual side. The storytelling is mostly crap.

They did do a good job, just some people didn't like the story that was told. I loved the story myself. I had a few small nitpicks, and I'd have liked some more closure, but overall it was great. No arguement on the visuals either, they absolutely nailed that, as well as the 'feel' of cyberpunk. I had goosebumps crossing the border for the first time in the nomad start, when you first enter NC.

I think that facial animation tech they used to should win some kind of award, its WAAAY ahead of anything else out there, and its all done in realtime.

Could make CDPR believe they made a good job. To be fair, cp77 is beautiful on the visual side. The storytelling is mostly crap.
I found the story to be really good overall (for AAA), just not consistent throughout the game.

Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2 are pretty solid, then player choices start to get ignored or bulked together without nuance (unless your V fits certain assumptions and follows the expected path) and the pacing issues become more evident. Some main missions end abruptly (at the motel after the parade, it feels like a piece of the story is missing) and doing side quests feels weird when V's symptoms are worse and Hanako has been waiting at Embers for a week.

Still, I only truly dislike the ending. My issues with Act 3 are exacerbated by the fact that V doesn't find a proper solution for the relic damage. I wanted to focus on main quests related to V's survival instead of side content that helped other characters, and there was no option to do it. Made the ending sting.

I edited my last post, but I will put it here too since it directly relates to this, the game basically tells the player that new leadership/different perspectives is what the Aldecaldos need -

The Bakkers actually dissolved becasue they didn't have anyone challenging their leader from within the clan - there is a shard in the Aldecaldos camp that explains it. I think this is why the Saul/Panam clash is so important, nomad clans need to take risks to survive, the Bakkers didn't and fell apart. The same thing would have happened to the Aldecaldos too if V hadn't showed up.

There isn't a ton of stuff in game about this - but this shard goes into it more: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fall_of_the_Bakkers

As far as Mr Blue eyes being a mouthpiece for the AI beyond the wall, there is nothing to support that except the bit at the end of the Peralaz quest line is there? I would love some more serious AI/cyberpsace plotlines in the game but there wasn't much.
Mr Blue Eyes is watching V meeting Peralez in the last part of the quest. It is quite possible that it was just an NPC randomly placed there but the coincidence is way too big. Then we see him back in the Sun ending.

Mr Blue Eyes is watching V meeting Peralez in the last part of the quest. It is quite possible that it was just an NPC randomly placed there but the coincidence is way too big. Then we see him back in the Sun ending.

Yeah I get that Mr blue eyes was watching and think he hacked V's visual feed at the end of that quest, I think that was definitely him, and he was intentionally placed there. I also happen to think he is some kind of AI.

But I didn't get that he speaks for multiple AI's or even all of them, which is what I interpreted the comment I replied to to mean. There is nothing about that in the Sun ending either is there? He just seems to be a mysterious, connected figure in the ending to me.

They did do a good job, just some people didn't like the story that was told.
Eh I agree most of the game is pretty fantastic, but I think you can be more objective in criticisms about the endings. "Oops I forgot about that you're fucked" is just as bad as the literal hand of god at the end of Stephen King's The Stand. The epilogues are rigid in pursuit of themes rather than respecting any kind of character you may have developed, etc.

Top Bottom