[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I only played female V, English VO. Some lines sound completely different emotionally when spoken by the male VO so that might have come into play. The conversation with Skye comes to my mind, female V sounds really sad when telling her not to call her Valerie while male V sounds cocky and annoyed.
Completely intentional. CDPR wanted Cherami Leigh and Gavin Drea to interpret the role of V in their own unique way.

Last edited:
Hope you guys are still fighting the good fight! Been awhile for me, since I checked here. I am curious how the reponse has been since more and more people have finished the game.

Anyway, that hack awhile might have some unforeseen consequences for this. Updates, look to be already effected. I am quite annoyed.

I think they are making religious illusions comparing V to Jesus Christ in a sense I guess somehow. I never felt all that attached or cared for the main character (V) that much at all surprisingly so I won't get sad at all when I actually finish the game strangely, and besides what kind of name is V? maybe if the dialogue and voice acting was different I would care more, but add to that you never see V's actual face or anything so it also further creates this level of detachment for me even though maybe it's supposed to reinforce that the character is yourself somehow, I don't know, I haven't been left with that sentiment as of yet.

I mean seriously people care about V that much as a character? I haven't further looked inward further to really understand somehow but I don't think I was really attached to most of the characters, strangely I felt sad when Evelyn committed suicide for some reason but that's mostly it. I guess I felt sorry for Al, and the relationship between her and Johnny Silverhand as well. I thought it was sad how Jackie died as well, but for some reason I wasn't altogether attached to him either.

I look forward to see how I possibly might die then and won't put so much thought into it perhaps.

Last edited:
Yeah I get that Mr blue eyes was watching and think he hacked V's visual feed at the end of that quest, I think that was definitely him, and he was intentionally placed there. I also happen to think he is some kind of AI.

Alt's avatar in the physical world? Eh, nevermind. :)

A plan for AI/cyberland entity world domination is a complicated, multi-stage process.

I kept on waiting for the AI vs humanity trope to receive further exploration. "What happens if the AI's go on a rampage and decide humanity isn't needed anymore? Gasp!!!!". No joke, I'd probably defect to team super toaster.

Just as V's engram the most engrams in Mikoshi, especially those of the rich and famous "Save your Sould"-customers, have no experience with surviving Cyberspace on their own, which is a dangerous place, especially behind the Blackwall, as Alt says. So yes, Alt absorbing the engrams has a protecting dimension. But of course by absorbing them they surely cease to exist as separate entities, Alt and the engrams should merge, so the integrity of the Alt-engram weakens as the integrities of every other engrams weakens as well. V became more Johnny-ish along the path and Johnny more V-ish, but actually both being one entity (until Mikoshi at Star/-Sun-/Secret- resp. operation at Devil endings). And so Alt would get more like the engrams and the engrams more of Alt, all in all getting something/someone (?) completely new, as the merged Delamains.

Another consideration there is Alt splits offf the Johnny portions from V when creating V's engram to re-implant it into V's body. At least it's the impression I had from it. This implies it's not a one way process.

The storytelling is mostly crap.

Easy disagree. The only problem I have is with the game is the lack of closure and The Sun ending feeling "railroaded".
Post automatically merged:

I mean seriously people care about V that much as a character? I haven't further looked inward further to really understand somehow but I don't think I was really attached to most of the characters, strangely I felt sad when Evelyn committed suicide for some reason but that's mostly it. I guess I felt sorry for Al, and the relationship between her and Johnny Silverhand as well. I thought it was sad how Jackie died as well, but for some reason I wasn't altogether attached to him either.

Depends on how you roleplay.

For me I care more about the external characters (Jackie, Panam, Judy, Johnny etc..) than I do for V. And V is the vehicle I use to interact with these other characters. So in that sense there's an attachment.

Last edited:
Depends on how you roleplay.

For me I care more about the external characters (Jackie, Panam, Judy, Johnny etc..) than I do for V. And V is the vehicle I use to interact with these other characters. So in that sense there's an attachment.

Yeah I tend to play the opposite way, V was a character in the story (that I could influence) instead of my vessel as a player. I ended up more attached to V than anyone else.

In any case, for me it's not just a matter of not wanting V to die. Dying under those specific circumstances makes the previous struggles feel pointless, and the inconsistencies and lack of meaningful branching makes me uninterested in replaying the game with different lifepaths and choices. V's prognosis is the same regardless.

Yeah I tend to play the opposite way, V was a character in the story (that I could influence) instead of my vessel as a player. I ended up more attached to V than anyone else.

I kept jumping between two perspectives. One minute V is my vessel. The next minute the game was temporarily hijacking my V as a means to achieve an end within the script.

In any case, for me it's not just a matter of not wanting V to die. Dying under those specific circumstances makes the previous struggles feel pointless, and the inconsistencies and lack of meaningful branching makes me uninterested in replaying the game with different lifepaths and choices. V's prognosis is the same regardless.

Yep, experiencing the content itself was enjoyable. The execution, how it got there and the futility of it left a pit in the stomach, so to speak. Step 1: Nearly everything went according to plan. Step 2: Two weeks, meet six months and an epic cliffhanger.

Woah, you can sit back for 15 minutes, recall the events and ponder what it all means to form a different interpretation. No gameplay necessary. I couldn't quite place my finger on why discussing it over a forum is just as engaging as playing through it. Mystery solved.

Woah, you can sit back for 15 minutes, recall the events and ponder what it all means to form a different interpretation. No gameplay necessary. I couldn't quite place my finger on why discussing it over a forum is just as engaging as playing through it. Mystery solved.
Well, it kind of worked. I haven't played the game anymore but keep coming back here, even if we're just repeating the same arguments at this point

main point of the story >>> run away and never look back
even legend mentions while speaking with del

and i don't agree with it after all
night city doesn't look the worst place
a bit danger but fun, beautiful and breathtaking
especially after returning from atlanta

O-A-O-A-O-A-O-A-ORGIATIC!
A PLEASURE!

A PLEASURE!

Thanks for the screenshots. Kind of supports the assumption that V fights for surviving in Star/Secret endings, dependant on players' mood, dialogue choices and maybe some more.

Yeah i feel attached to V and I'm never a fan of railroading MC death but Cyberpunk is doubly terrible because not only is a survival story where you end up on death row but your V is horribly overwritten in the ending segment. Literally ripping the player choice out of the story at the most important moment, so it comes down to get off on getting some nomads killed get one type of V, get a fixer killed/no one killed here's another type etc. There's no choosing what to do with your slow death, how to approach it or who you want to spend that time with.

alt, could please upload v to the relic in that tiny box?
smasher is still waiting a bullet in the head!

misty, asking you from temperance cyberspace
when the star card becomes really bad?
happy life only with nomads?
ok, but what about star achievement?

I got way more attached to V than to Geralt or really anyone in any other game. I played the game like 6-7 hours a day around the holidays, and I played V organically, the way I'd act/talk in real life.

This along with the first person view made me get SUPER attached to V.

When I found out hellman couldn't fix the chip, I was legitimately sad IRL. When you have the conversation with Johnny about death and what it means to die, after the bad relic attack, I really felt terrible for V. I really got into his head here. Alone and dying, and not even the guy that build the relic can save you? That is some heavy shit.

The side characters were also all great, complex and felt like real people.

I don't ever remember where a game made me actually care about all of the characters so much. I do think I lucked out that the choices the game railroads you down are choices I would have made anyways, so my immersion was never broken.

Last edited:
I got way more attached to V than to Geralt or really anyone in any other game. I played the game like 6-7 hours a day around the holidays, and I played V organically, the way I'd act/talk on real life.

This along with the first person view made me get SUPER attached to V.

When I found out hellman couldn't fix the chip, I was legitimately sad IRL. When you have the conversation with Johnny about death and what it means to die, after the bad relic attack, I really felt terrible for V. I really got into his head here. Alone and dying, and not even the guy that build the relic can save you? That is some heavy shit.

The side characters were also all great, conplex and felt like real people.

I don't ever remember where a game made me actually care about all of the characters so much. I do think I lucked out that the choices the game railroads you down are choices I would have made anyways, so my immersion was never broken.
My V got a relic malfunction while I was trying to play with a visual migraine, immersion 10/10.

But yeah, agree with everything. I was skeptical about the first person view at first, but it worked for me.

Well, it kind of worked. I haven't played the game anymore but keep coming back here, even if we're just repeating the same arguments at this point

Every so often someone will have an interesting take on something I never thought of.

People seemed to have a lot of different experiences with the game and its fun to hear them, it's great the game is complex enough to be broken down so many different ways.

Ive been bouncing between games since Jan 3rd when I finished cyberpunk, but nothing is really grabbing me as much as discussing it on this forum haha

A PLEASURE!

that was an immediate question not a long term one. V has cleared their schedule for the rest of the month, delamain wants to know why. This is in the preparation for the space mission, either hes going to space or he will die in the process.

Top Bottom