[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
hey what do you think about temperance after completing zen master sidequest
he said that two souls belongs to v
and misty opened card of death that means rebirth
a doll from clouds tell about it
if u open quest description u can find line about that js feel that v is still here
alt also said that she couldn't clear engrams completely
it's just broken 4th wall?
so vague so open

hey what do you think about temperance after completing zen master sidequest
he said that two souls belongs to v
The implication, which is reinforced by dialogue with Hellman in the motel, is that Johnny isn't a conscious being separate from V, but one half of V's split personality as a result of the biochip's nanites carving in their white and gray matter. So when V and Johnny are talking to each other, it's really V talking to themselves.

and misty opened card of death that means rebirth
Yes, V is reborn as Johnny Silverhand. To clarify: the person in the Temperance ending is V with Johnny's memories and personality, not Johnny's consciousness in V's body.

a doll from clouds tell about it
Are you referring to their description of death as a form of change?

if u open quest description u can find line about that js feel that v is still here
That's because they are. Just how Alt couldn't completely remove all the parts of Johnny from V's engram, she also couldn't remove all the parts of V from Johnny's engram. So V and Johnny form a kind of yin and yang duality.

alt also said that she couldn't clear engrams completely
Exactly.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure what the writers were going for. It almost seems like their 'canon' ending is where Johnny takes over V's body, whilst V vanishes into the internet. But I donn't see any worthwhile 'message' in this resolution, there's nothing noteworthy or meaningful about V dying so the engram can continue in V's body. It's just very morbid and bleak.

More importantly, that ending just highlights the game's massive elephant in the room that never gets addressed. Johnny's engram is NOT Johnny himself. The real Johnny was born, lived his life and then died. The engram imprinted on V's chip is just a copy of Johnny, therefore killing V so that copy can live out a new life is an incredibly dark ending - the original Johnny would have hated to have murdered V in such a way.

It's very odd how the story is written as if Johnny's engram is Johnny himself back from the dead, instead of acknowledging that it's just a copy that's acting as random neuro-malware and killing an innocent person.

absolutely agree.

anyway, no blaze of glory, in the words of this bastard Dex DeShawn.

However, never forget; the friendship between V and Johnny is tracked, and that; throughout the game with a hidden stat.

absolutely agree.

anyway, no blaze of glory, in the words of this bastard Dex DeShawn.

However, never forget; the friendship between V and Johnny is tracked, and that; throughout the game with a hidden stat.
was that suppose to do anything? aside from dialogue changes that is. it really did not affect the final outcome yes?

was that suppose to do anything? aside from dialogue changes that is. it really did not affect the final outcome yes?

don't worry, anyway I don't like the proposed endings. I do, like all of you, with it.
there was something else to think about but most important, depending on the storyline of the game; a sacrifice was inevitable.
CP-2077 is not a fairy tale.

Excelsior isn't Junior, they have different personalities (from the wiki). So apparently I got the correct one in the epilogue, the fact that he ended up in charge of the taxi service just came out of nowhere so I thought it was a bug.
There's supposed to be a Delamain epilogue...? I didn't get one. Then again, Judy's epilogue in the Arakasa return-to-Earth ending is obviously wrong, as are Misty's and others (i.e. talking as if V had stayed on Mikoshi) and there are quite a number of bugs and inconsistencies with the endings in general, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Shame they messed up though. I mean presuming they didn't deliberately go all Mass Effect 3 on us.

There's supposed to be a Delamain epilogue...? I didn't get one. Then again, Judy's epilogue in the Arakasa return-to-Earth ending is obviously wrong, as are Misty's and others (i.e. talking as if V had stayed on Mikoshi) and there are quite a number of bugs and inconsistencies with the endings in general, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Shame they messed up though. I mean presuming they didn't deliberately go all Mass Effect 3 on us.
If you pick The Sun ending (either through Path of Glory or the secret ending), Delamain is driving the AV outside V's mansion:
- Default Delamain
- Excelsior/Junior

The dialogue is slightly different if you shot the core/merged the AIs or reset it, but in all cases it implies that Delamain (whatever version) is still running the taxi service even though Excelsior and Junior are only V's driver after the Don't Lose Your Mind Mission, and Excelsior is particularly clueless (video).
It made me think my version was bugged but it wasn't, I just expected a bigger difference in the outcomes since old Delamain and the new kids seemed to have very different personalities.

in all cases it implies that Delamain (whatever version) is still running the taxi service
i think delamain was bored in cyberspace and decided to return or mb he run away from alt
but he still should have another voice of course
it looks like they just forgot to change it

If you pick The Sun ending (either through Path of Glory or the secret ending), Delamain is driving the AV outside V's mansion:
- Default Delamain
- Excelsior/Junior
Okay, so I was wrong, Junior is not Excelsior in the AV.

Then again, Judy's epilogue in the Arakasa return-to-Earth ending is obviously wrong, as are Misty's and others (i.e. talking as if V had stayed on Mikoshi)
After you you make the calls in the space station, there's a montage of V doing tests for days, or maybe even weeks, so it's not wrong at all. A lot of people gloss over that and say that Judy's message is inconsistent, which I don't think it is.

Last edited:
After you you make the calls in the space station, there's a montage of V doing tests for days, or maybe even weeks, so it's not wrong at all. A lot of people gloss over that and say that Judy's message is inconsistent, which I don't think it is.
I dunno, that doesn't really make sense to me; a few days or even weeks still wouldn't explain that complete about-turn with Judy. That's a matter of opinion, of course, but there's also other people talking to V as if she decided not to return to Earth so something is up with it.

I dunno, that doesn't really make sense to me; a few days or even weeks still wouldn't explain that complete about-turn with Judy. That's a matter of opinion, of course, but there's also other people talking to V as if she decided not to return to Earth so something is up with it.
Yeah, they could've definitely made new messages instead of reusing the other ones. But also, we don't know the exact time gap between the epilogue and the voice messages, so that's something to think about as well.

Yeah, they could've definitely made new messages instead of reusing the other ones. But also, we don't know the exact time gap between the epilogue and the voice messages, so that's something to think about as well.
That's true; that said, I played the other Arasaka ending just now, the "stay on Mikoshi" one (I made a permanent save just before Goro arrives) and the messages left for V in the epilogue are exactly the same. They actually make much more sense in this context (including Judy's; especially hers, perhaps) in contrast to the "return to Earth" ending where they really don't make any sense at all. I can understand Judy's response in this case: V isn't coming back, maybe not even in her lifetime. Vik and Misty (and perhaps Mamá Welles) directly refer to V still being in space regardless of the choice you make, so I'm confident the epilogue for turning down Hanako's offer is simply the wrong one. I dunno if there's another ending buried in the assets, but even if it's not there it doesn't mean it shouldn't be...

That's true; that said, I played the other Arasaka ending just now, the "stay on Mikoshi" one (I made a permanent save just before Goro arrives) and the messages left for V in the epilogue are exactly the same. They actually make much more sense in this context (including Judy's; especially hers, perhaps) in contrast to the "return to Earth" ending where they really don't make any sense at all. I can understand Judy's response in this case: V isn't coming back, maybe not even in her lifetime. Vik and Misty (and perhaps Mamá Welles) directly refer to V still being in space regardless of the choice you make, so I'm confident the epilogue for turning down Hanako's offer is simply the wrong one. I dunno if there's another ending buried in the assets, but even if it's not there it doesn't mean it shouldn't be...

the messages, are just messages that are on Vs phone, they aren't all from the same exact time. You can see this in certain endings where some of the messages are happening while V is actually with the character at the time of recording. Basically you can think of it as the saved messages on Vs phone. some are from a week ago, some are yesterday, some maybe a month ago.

Also, Judy is not patient. She is also prone to feel like V isn't serious easily. In the sun ending Judy decides to leave V rather than stay with them for a few more months. If V doesn't give Judy exactly what she needs, Judy ends the relationship. She doesn't even present the possibility of continuing the relationship later. When V leaves she has been in recovery for more than a month, and thats apparently too long for Judy, Maybe she actually just wants to avoid seeing V die, who knows, but she ain't sticking around unless you go on the road with her.

they never tell you specifically how long it is, but people who datamined it see that the VA files are labeled by how many days V is in recovery. You can probably count the cube cuts.

Top Bottom