[SPOILER ALERT} Chort lure bug?

+
[SPOILER ALERT} Chort lure bug?

Im in Lindenvale, doing the witcher contract. I accepted the quest some time ago, and recently returned to do it.
Im too the point where I have to spread the lure in several spots.

Ive searched everywhere and I dont have the recipe to make it.

The vendors do not sell the recipe either.

I do have the fiend dung and the crow's eye which I assume are both of the needed ingredients.

Am I screwed?

Im in Lindenvale, doing the witcher contract. I accepted the quest some time ago, and recently returned to do it.
Im too the point where I have to spread the lure in several spots.

Ive searched everywhere and I dont have the recipe to make it.

The vendors do not sell the recipe either.

I do have the fiend dung and the crow's eye which I assume are both of the needed ingredients.

Am I screwed?

I am playing on the PS4 and have hit the same problem, everything I have read online suggests you should get the recipe automatically in the cave where you find the dead fiend. But for some reason that isn't happening for me and I can't find the recipe either, hopefully a patch will fix it soon if it's a bug, or someone will help if I am missing something.

Not for me it isn't, I have looked several times now, even reloaded a save and started the quest again and no Chort Lure recipe :(
Check your inventory? Under Quest Items, maybe you have it already? I know I've had the recipe WAY before I got this quest and I've made it as soon as I fought the Fiend during Crones story quest. I also know that after I made it, the recipe vanished from the alchemy tab but I checked earlier today and it was there again..

Check your inventory? Under Quest Items, maybe you have it already? I know I've had the recipe WAY before I got this quest and I've made it as soon as I fought the Fiend during Crones story quest. I also know that after I made it, the recipe vanished from the alchemy tab but I checked earlier today and it was there again..
Not there either, checked useable items tab as well as quest and even junk tab when I couldn't find it under alchemy. :( So I have put that quest on hold now in the hope the bug gets fixed. :( Or a workaround is added, can't even find a merchant to buy it from.

For me it used to be in alchemy on the bottom until I collected everything I needed and then it automatically appeared in my inventory but on the QUEST tab, not with rest of potions. Check there and put in your pockets.

Can you check one more thing? The merchant in Lindenvale (directly east from Crow's Perch) has the recipe for Chort's Lure, might check there!

For me it used to be in alchemy on the bottom until I collected everything I needed and then it automatically appeared in my inventory but on the QUEST tab, not with rest of potions. Check there and put in your pockets.
Thank you, I must have kept missing it, well was looking for the recipe but I guess I already had the ingredients so it made itself. Wonder why it didn't flag as a new item in the quest tab. Thank you very much again for the help. :D

Same Problem, but is issn't in the Alchemy Tab :( can anyone help?

After searching and reading many posts, I realized that this could happen if you ALREADY crafted the Chort Lure in a previous quest (probably the Crones').
You can find the bottle in the inventory under "Quest Items" menu. It is a brown bottle as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• 20200208_182051.jpg
    20200208_182051.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 1,711
Top Bottom