SPOILER ALERT: Disappointing ending

+
SPOILER ALERT: Disappointing ending

Hi,
I am a little disappointed because of endings in Witcher 3 game, not about their content but about story telling, in whole game there is a lot of cutscenes and explanations and end is juts a cheap "ink" animation without emotions. I think it was made in last minute. And in my opinion, story like this doesn't deserve end like that, and people who support CD Project don't deserve this ending system either. I hope, that CD project will repair their mistake and bring us new, cutscenes with more explanations (like what happends to mages, how is yennefer, how are other witchers, how is Priscilla...) for the end of the game.
For the CD Project: I really love your games and I hope you can see your fault too.
(sorry for english)

Seeing your questions I can only say that you really should see all the endings and also you missed some answers during the game because everything you asked is answered one way or another.
The ink cut scene at the end is...strange but it's not that bad, I rather enjoyed it. What hurt more is that the game ended and it's all over
If you really want the answers now:
Mages: It depends on what you did to Radovid, if you killed him they're fine or not, depending also if you helped Triss or not. If you didn't kill Radovid well..every mage is killed, along with alchemists and non-humans.
If you've chosen romance iwht Yennefer you get the option to go with her after all is done and you settle down up north and live a peaceful, boring life (but it's all Geralt and Yennefer wanted after all the chaos and conspiracy). If you romance with Triss I assume you end up pretty much the same way.
The other witchers stories depends, Lambert ends up with Keira Metz and Eskel just goes on his own way, probably beyon Dragon Mountains (or whatever they're called). After Kaer Morhen he says that there is no point in staying here anymore and he's going to travel
Priscilla well, I can only assume she lives happly with Dandelion but I'm not so sure about her voice, I didn't really looked for her after the quest with her, maybe she was just still in the hospital
Most of the questions are answered, as I said. Maybe the details aren't always pointed out but it's easy to assume things based on the events and actions we take. I think there is one thing that isn't answered
How did Ciri survive, I just assume it's because of happy thoughts and because she wanted to live - remembering Geralt and how he always took her side she didn't want to leave him

Last edited:
Yes, you are right and i know everything what you said, anyway you are just guessing what happend with them because they told it, but they could be wrong. But that is not the point, what i try to say is, that end (maybe just for me) missing emotions, ink scene just cannot bring so many feels like one good cutscene, i know there is a lot of variations, but it's not too much after all. For example:
Ciri's flashbacks with geralts were just amazing, full of emtotions, not like the true end...

Yeah well when I hear flashbacks and ending I only remember Mass Effect 3 and I get sad so I think this is the best outcome
;)

Well, I totally... DISAGREE.

"Cutscened" ending where Ciri becomes Wticher was one of most if not most emotional endings I ever encountered and yet after that I recieved answers to all my questions about world state and characters. Ok, they were in form of slides and narrated storytelling but this makes whole story more like taken out of the books. Use your imagination from time to time.

Last edited:
No it's not just you. I found a lot of endings feeling unresolved, in my opinion.

But it's more that you're posting in a forum that's specifically Spoiler Free. You can discuss this in the subforum specifically for story and spoliers.

Maybe a mod could move it or you could add your thoughts to some of the ones there.

What did happen with Pricilla? I thought her disappearing from the game was very odd. I hope they add what happens to her in one of the expansions or in a patch.

The ending felt very empty to me. No soul, no character. A the characters are gone, except Dandelion. No new lines of having for defeated the Wild Hunt with him, or anyone else. Just emptyness. Should of just let the Wild Hunt take over.... bloody hell

Top Bottom