[Spoiler Alert] Do you want after ending DLC?( with suggestion )

+

Do you want after ending DLC?

• No

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 1) Yes, continue as dying V from The Star Ending

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 2) Yes, continue as real V revived from The Sun Ending

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 3) Yes, continue as V construct from The Devil Ending( signed contract )

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 4) Yes, continue as Johnny Silverhand from Temperance Ending

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Yes, continue as new character with real V's soul from Temperance Ending

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 6) Yes, continue as real V who miraculously survive or revive

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
I think that we will play as V again for sure, and at least one of the expansions will be set in the post-endings (for Star, Sun - even better if DFTR-Sun - and Devil if V goes back to Earth) as those endings really feel like expansion pack fodder, so many hints starting from the choice of leaving them open on purpose. V's story needs closure, and we have expansions coming up, so... let's do the math :sneaky:
A sequel (even better, more than one) would be amazing, but that would continue with V's story after resolving the impending doom issue with the expansion(s). Just my theory.

I guess pre Act 3 sounds like a most realistic DLC, because CDPR could add a new story quest, which basically activates DLC, opens a new branch and ending, so instead of ending up going to Hanako at Embers, you decide to meet another person, it could be someone like Mr. Blue Eyes for example. And of course this whole quest line would be worth of 20 or 30 hours of gameplay, something like Witcher 3 expansions. In this DLC you actually might get saved in the first couple of hours, but as the quest line continues you deal with new enemies which might be someone like rogue AI's. Just daydreaming but I think it's closer than "after ending" DLC, in which it looks hard to combine all endings into continuation of V's story.

I dont see the story as being complete as it stands.

If thats where they choose to leave it then so be it, but I would prefer them to complete the story, as in work out a proper resolution for both V and Johnny.

For that to work there needs to be a way to take each of the current endings forwards, apart from the suicide ending obviously. At minimum that means two entry paths to the DLC, Johnny alive, presumably looking for a suitable body for V, or V alive looking for a cure for themselves and presumably a suitable body for Johnny.

The most logical ending to the current campaign really seems to be Johnny alive and V trapped beyond the blackwall, since that removes some of the time pressure, but I dont think CD Projekt Red can afford to just go down the one route given the star ending seems to be quite popular too.

The problem then becomes not so much finding a body, (lots of people die or near die every die in night city,) the problem is finding one that V can use. Having said that, if the relic worked once then building a second relic with V's engram on it, and inserting that into a brain dead person would seem like a workable plan. Gives the player things to collect, people with the right skills or equipment to find etc and finally a way to make it all happen, although I suspect that Vik would help there. We know V had all the information about the relic, so it should be feasible to make it again, eventually. It would also give the player the chance to go through the character creation process again if they wanted to since the new body wouldnt be the same as the original V.

I would also expect a second DLC after the current campaign end, specifically one that continues the Jefferson Peralez and Sandra Dorsett storylines.

I think a more open ended version of the game may well be possible, but I would expect that to be Cyberpunk 2078. In other words after theyve fixed 2077 as much as possible and done the DLC, so not for a few years yet.

I think that Path of least resistance, Temperance and Devil (if you sign the contract) already have closure. In the first one V ends things, nothing else to do. In Temperance Johnny is off to his new life and won't set foot in Night City again. If you sign the contract in Devil, I'm pretty sure you're done for, too - the last action you do says "Surrender to Arasaka". As hinted time and time again during the game, Arasaka won't actually help V.
This leaves Star, Sun and Devil (turn down the contract). You can easily use them as lifepaths of sorts, and they can lead to the same point:
-Star, either V or Panam find someone to help. Maybe Blue Eyes, so V would have to go back to NC ---> Crystal Palace heist
-Sun, Blue Eyes ---> Crystal Palace heist
-Devil, V is back on Earth with even less months of life when they receive a proposal from a mysterious character ---> Crystal Palace heist

I think that Path of least resistance, Temperance and Devil (if you sign the contract) already have closure. In the first one V ends things, nothing else to do. In Temperance Johnny is off to his new life and won't set foot in Night City again. If you sign the contract in Devil, I'm pretty sure you're done for, too - the last action you do says "Surrender to Arasaka". As hinted time and time again during the game, Arasaka won't actually help V.
This leaves Star, Sun and Devil (turn down the contract). You can easily use them as lifepaths of sorts, and they can lead to the same point:
-Star, either V or Panam find someone to help. Maybe Blue Eyes, so V would have to go back to NC ---> Crystal Palace heist
-Sun, Blue Eyes ---> Crystal Palace heist
-Devil, V is back on Earth with even less months of life when they receive a proposal from a mysterious character ---> Crystal Palace heist

Yeah, but Arasaka was happy to spend millions (if not billions?) on Adam Smasher...and you think they wouldn't be willing to spend just as much (researching and developing a body for V) on his killer, despite what they have said? That is assuming that they think they can control V ofcourse. V is just too useful tool to not use:)

Yeah, but Arasaka was happy to spend millions (if not billions?) on Adam Smasher...and you think they wouldn't be willing to spend just as much (researching and developing a body for V) on his killer, despite what they have said? That is assuming that they think they can control V ofcourse. V is just too useful tool to not use:)
True, but even in the remote chance they'd put in the work to find them a suitable body (and we don't know how long could it take), V's engram is theirs to edit and tweak as they wish. Even if V came back to life, they wouldn't be themselves anymore. Smasher was a wild card, his brain was still his, but with V Arasaka has the chance to mold them into the perfect lapdog. Not a bright future for our protag.
I like to compare this ending to the Kuei-jin ending of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, because it's equally hopeless and basically the same.

Remember last dialogue during "surrender to arasaka" when V asks random guard what he should say to a person who is going to a prison (or something like that). He says more or less something like "good luck but dont forget your way home".

But as much as I would love continuation I think this is how they wanted to end this story and any kind of attempt to stitch all those endings will be extremely hard.

True, but even in the remote chance they'd put in the work to find them a suitable body (and we don't know how long could it take), V's engram is theirs to edit and tweak as they wish. Even if V came back to life, they wouldn't be themselves anymore. Smasher was a wild card, his brain was still his, but with V Arasaka has the chance to mold them into the perfect lapdog. Not a bright future for our protag.
I like to compare this ending to the Kuei-jin ending of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, because it's equally hopeless and basically the same.

...I would like to play after that bloodlines ending too....imagine waking as a very hungry ( likely very crazy) vampire in a thousand years.....
.....sadly it would never happen:(

As for CP77....I don't see such a protag being a bad thing necessary:)
(ofcourse there should be some small chance of you getting free/happy ending).

Edit:....and now that you mentioned Bloodlines I want to install and reply it....but I don't have the time....how could you?!
:D

Last edited:
...I would like to play after that bloodlines ending too....imagine waking as a very hungry ( likely very crazy) vampire in a thousand years.....
.....sadly it would never happen:(

As for CP77....I don't see such a protag being a bad thing necessary:)
(ofcourse there should be some small chance of you getting free/happy ending).

Edit:....and now that you mentioned Bloodlines I want to install and reply it....but I don't have the time....how could you?!
:D
Not a bad thing, but it would be extremely difficult in execution, especially considering how different the other paths are. They'd have to make a whole different game for a single path, an unpopular one at that (according to Steam, only 3.8% of players played through the Devil, making it the least popular ending).
It's never too late for another Bloodlines run! :cool:

I'd like a post-game DLC where we can resolve the relic plotline and then another setting up a sequel (with V as protagonist again, I'm really hoping for a Mass Effect/WItcher type experience rather than a sequel with a new protagonist). Both sun, star and in some cases devil have V starting at different places, but with the same goal of survival. Any story DLCs mid-game beyond small additions would seem odd given the touted time limit.

I didn't like any of the endings, as I don't like the concept of the char being dead. All the time and customizations I invested at the beginning. Add a new Ending where there is a way to separate V and Jonny and I can just go ahead an do any DLC with my beloved char.

Top Bottom