{***** SPOILER ALERT *****} - Rogue does not fit what she should look like.

+
Pueternamix
1 capsule a day

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1766.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
I'm sure that how Rogue and Kerry look can be justified somewhat, but I think it was more that after securing Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand CDPR got obsessed with tying all the tabletop characters into the game and didn't give much of a shit as to how reasonable and sensical it would be to do so given the time past.

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

So, when we first meet Johnny were are teleported to the not to distant 2023 where he blows ARASAKA tower up, or tries to anyway. We see a young Rogue who appears to be around 20-25 and Johnny around 25-30 I assume. In 2077 Rogue, even with implants should be looking like Wakako. Same thing with Nancy and Kerry, even with his millions. In this universe do they purchase new bodies or something? Rogue is extremely stout as a 75-80yr old. Do the comics address this? I wish there was more back story on this. According to the Wiki she's been around as a character since 1997 in the book Firestorm Shockwave. I'm kinda new to this universe.

she looks the age she wants to look, she could look super Young if she wanted to. Only when you get in the 130-150 range like saburo is it hard to fake your age, and even then saburo looks closer to a 70-85 year old.
Post automatically merged:

She's not supposed to look 70. Rich and ressourceful people can get all kinds of treatment in CP. In the artbook it says Kerry had all his cells rejuvenated many times, I guess the same applies to Rogue, Hanako or the other members of Samurai.
I guess Saburô looks this old because he was old even before the new therapies had been developed..or he simply doesn't care.
yes, they said he was reaching the limits of what science could do. I think everyone would look old at 150 though.

It seems even Night City itself doesn't really show much change 2023-2077 :)

night-city-2023-2077.jpg

My head-canon is that the way Night City appears in the flashback is due to it being in V's mind. The important part of Johnny's memory is the events and the people (so that is shown as Johnny recalls it), but the details (like the city skyline) aren't relevant to Johnny's memory, so V's mind fills them in the way she knows them. She sees Night City the way she knows it, rather than the way it actually was, because that's the image her mind has of it.

They specificaly, on multiple occasions, and during loading screen say that rejuvenation and life extension tech is commonplace. Just expensive. Only rich can afford. And Rogue and Kerry are the Two Percenters. Thay can afford. That's why they look half the age they are. And they could probably look even younger.
Wakako looks the way she looks because she chooses to, or maybe she's 180ys old. Also there is a thing called Full Body Conversion. Adanm Smasher and Lizzie are the examples. But in the lore there are FBC that simulate and emulate a real body. Like the cyberlady from the trailer.

They specificaly, on multiple occasions, and during loading screen say that rejuvenation and life extension tech is commonplace. Just expensive. Only rich can afford. And Rogue and Kerry are the Two Percenters. Thay can afford. That's why they look half the age they are. And they could probably look even younger.
Wakako looks the way she looks because she chooses to, or maybe she's 180ys old. Also there is a thing called Full Body Conversion. Adanm Smasher and Lizzie are the examples. But in the lore there are FBC that simulate and emulate a real body. Like the cyberlady from the trailer.

I thought Lizzy Wizzy killed herself and then her engram was put into a chrome body? So is Lizzy Wizzy even alive or just a clone of her?

And this make the 6 month plot cancer even more stupid. V could have done a Lizzy Wizzy.

I thought Lizzy Wizzy killed herself and then her engram was put into a chrome body? So is Lizzy Wizzy even alive or just a clone of her?
From my understanding her brain was put into a cybernetic body. At that time engrams were not available, I think. And I guess even if they were, the whole point of the game is that you need the Relic to put them into new body. And there's only one relic around. Still, CP lore is not exactly plothole proof :)

And this make the 6 month plot cancer even more stupid. V could have done a Lizzy Wizzy.
Lizzy has gone the full 9 yards and converted all her skin to chrome. Her questline involves
V spying on her boyfriend. You find out he's talking to Arasaka because he wants to make an engram of Lizzy unknown to her. He even discusses removing her undesirable traits in the copy they will make (sounds like she might have beginning of cyber-psychosis... the way he talks it sounds like he's scared of her). You tell Lizzy all this and she informs you by phone later that she killed her boyfriend when she confronted him and needs you to come take care of the body. Lizzy is very much alive and troubled... You never really find out how her story ends, I imagine it might be a potential DLC or something or just one of the hundreds of unfinished pieces of content...

Yeah I played this questline all the way out. She calls you a few times more afterward depending on your choices.

This is a world of genetic modification, cyberware, and other tech capabilities. She looks her age just fine. Given her job, she's obviously in great shape.

Guest 4400165

Yeah I played this questline all the way out. She calls you a few times more afterward depending on your choices.
She called once and told to stay tuned to the media (TV?), but I don't think anything appears. Supposedly another crazy stunt, but who knows.

When you buy the game you win a free copy of the original Cyberpunk 2020 pdf... there is a lot in there... and it was 2020...By them, the tabletop game doens't even included appearance social attributes, which were common to these games back at the time, because there was so many cybers, and body part exchanges, that you could look like anyone, of any age

Actually, Scavengers are a great deal about it... they steal body parts as well as cyber parts, and sell it for those who wants a limb... real or prosthetic. Not to mention Lizzy Wizzy, Hanako, Michiko, Yorinobu... they all are almost centenary by 2077... Also, the new Red skies are leftovers of the 40'ies, from Cyberpunk Red (new book by Pondsmith)... Some coorps also clone stuff, and aging cells are stopped

Read about Healing over the original book as well... basically, in Cyberpunk World there is no failure for any kind of surgery, and it sells in the streets...

BTW, the whole Relic is just about Imortality being reached by surgical-nanobots.... remember... V DIED with a bullet in the HEAD... and come back by raw tissue repairment... it just show that the next level has been reached in Cyberpunk World

1618363769736.png

1618363798465.png

1618363826659.png

1618363861176.png

Attachments

• 1618363853655.png
    1618363853655.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I'm sure that how Rogue and Kerry look can be justified somewhat, but I think it was more that after securing Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand CDPR got obsessed with tying all the tabletop characters into the game and didn't give much of a shit as to how reasonable and sensical it would be to do so given the time past.
And, much as I love Keanu, I wish they hadn't redesigned Johnny to look like him. I want 80s hair-metal Johnny!

1618585011397.png

Two words for you, dude: plastic surgery.

And comparing Rogue's appearance to Wakako's is ridiculous. Asian cultures place great respect upon their elders, so aging naturally is no surprise. Western cultures venerate youth, so Rogue getting plastic surgery or regenerative treatments to retain a youthful appearance is likewise a given.

And, much as I love Keanu, I wish they hadn't redesigned Johnny to look like him. I want 80s hair-metal Johnny!

View attachment 11210605
I read the intent on CP77 design was to upgrade a the genre from an 80's feel to a 90's feel. The concept art of Johnny looks more like Trent Reznor then Keanu, they just used his face for whatever reason - there a good few Trent Reznor easter eggs in both the music names for bands and some mission names

1618592287308.png

I read the intent on CP77 design was to upgrade a the genre from an 80's feel to a 90's feel. The concept art of Johnny looks more like Trent Reznor then Keanu, they just used his face for whatever reason - there a good few Trent Reznor easter eggs in both the music names for bands and some mission names

I had never seen these images, but he seriously look like Vicent Cassel for those who know :D
(without long hair of course)

I read the intent on CP77 design was to upgrade a the genre from an 80's feel to a 90's feel.

I was in high school in the 90s. I hated, hated, hated it.

As someone raised on the neon-and-chrome of the 80s, where entertainment trended more toward optimistic rather than angsty, the 90s suuuuuuucked.

So...you know... CP2077. The '90s.
Ugh. Not an upgrade.

Two words for you, dude: plastic surgery.

And comparing Rogue's appearance to Wakako's is ridiculous. Asian cultures place great respect upon their elders, so aging naturally is no surprise. Western cultures venerate youth, so Rogue getting plastic surgery or regenerative treatments to retain a youthful appearance is likewise a given.

not to mention wakako is likely older. She has had 9 husbands.

Top Bottom