[SPOILER ALERT}- TO THE DEVS, WAS THIS DELIBERATE! ??

+

Guest 4494782

I've noticed something within the heist mission, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if this is deliberate... Before starting the mission, when you're at the Afterlife and talking to DeX, he says to you if everything goes well, you'll return here... Fast forward to the plaza during the mission Tbug gets killed, however, if you run upstairs, the objective says get the soboru pad, then it says kill the guards... Once you kill them, the vehicle opens up, and there's a computer Inside,.. where I believe you should be able to hack it and get away THUS SAVING JACKIES LIFE AND COMPLETEING THAT MISSION!... However, once inside the vehicle, access to the computer is blocked , So you have no choice but to go the other way and Jackie dies....
131997551_2835422286781111_3289278713846125386_o.jpg

Attachments

• 132033661_2835422333447773_1643992563953091870_o.jpg
    132033661_2835422333447773_1643992563953091870_o.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 118
SPOILER WARNING! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? IN THE TITLE? REALLY?
Luckily I've played that part.

Yeah that should be with like big red letters spoiler alert, anyways you are right we have to have this option it can be a mission with two three endings it would make feel it more "open" if that makes sense.

Guest 4494782

SPOILER WARNING! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? IN THE TITLE? REALLY?
Luckily I've played that part.
dude.. chill
Post automatically merged:

Of course he has to die, how else does V get the chip in his/her head?
I see your point there, but remember Evelyn says to side with her? things couldve played out different - or maybe not..

I've noticed something within the heist mission, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if this is deliberate... Before starting the mission, when you're at the Afterlife and talking to DeX, he says to you if everything goes well, you'll return here... Fast forward to the plaza during the mission Tbug gets killed, however, if you run upstairs, the objective says get the soboru pad, then it says kill the guards... Once you kill them, the vehicle opens up, and there's a computer Inside,.. where I believe you should be able to hack it and get away THUS SAVING JACKIES LIFE AND COMPLETEING THAT MISSION!... However, once inside the vehicle, access to the computer is blocked , So you have no choice but to go the other way and Jackie dies.... View attachment 11096753
From my experience, when I got into the AV, there's some mention about how the security locks you out. I mean, yeah, you could maybe hack it, but I suppose you could argue that Saburo Arasaka, being the most important man in the world, would probably have pretty high-end measures in place to prevent hacking of such things.

I think the bigger reason for Jackie not to die would be that we have those healing puffer thingies on us all the time, which would easily do the job of healing his wounds. Would have made more sense if he took a bullet to the head during that final assault before getting into the Delamine cab, thus rendering his state very final.

Last edited:
I suspect that this is cut content. Now it's nothing more than an optional thing you can do simply to steal Saburo's katana which is lying on one of the seats in the AV.

I discovered the same thing couple of days ago and I wondered if this is a leftover from an alternative quest line where Jackie survives.

You steal the AV, get shot down and crash land. Jackie gets badly injured, but survives, you take him to a ripper doc for treatrment, he hands you the chip. With Jackie's permission you meet with Dex to talk about how to fix this mess...you know how this plays out....

Jackie could go into hiding to protect his mom and Misty from Arasaka, but you can call him and later he shows up to either help or hinder you, depending on your choices.

Ya so much set up, with choices and who you want to side with, all for it to go one way regardless.

Looks like cut content.

But to the title of the OP post, yes.
The corpo already released a statement basically saying the game wasn't ready, was pushed out the door before being fleshed out, and they've patched/cut content out of the final release.

So this specific example, Occam's Razer suggests it was, at least until CDPR comes out to address it's fans on its future plans in Jan/Feb

Top Bottom