[Spoiler Alert] What is the best ending for you?

+

What is the best ending for you?

• Suicide

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • The Devil, sign contract

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The Devil, don't sign contract

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Temperance, ask Rogue to help

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Temperance, ask Panam to help

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • The Star

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • The Sun

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Secret, Temperance

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Secret, The Sun

Votes: 28 19.3%

• Total voters
I'm biased here, because DLC is something I rarely come play. It means a lot be able to have a single story, with good grounds for my head canon.

That said, my favorite is the first one I got. I went with Panam and Aldecados. I liked it because even if situation isn't good, it's still path for a life to continue and for that life, clan and second best education what there's available in universe is huge. For what's there is V, where he started, what time he has or not, it's still path for him to turn yet new page in his life. "Time to grow the fuck up Samurai!"

I really liked the other endings I played too and was surprised how they were well worth to experience.

Johnny and Rogue ending completes characters. It's interesting parallel that can me us question if Johnny was ever complete person despite engram, despite Alt despite anything and Rogue who was never made to engram to begin with. There's certain exploration of human themes there that is very important.

Arasaka ending, I had Takamura alive on my playthrough was also very powerful. I really liked how they used horror elements and then you wake up to reality, you hear the news, and you are one of the few people in the world to know, that the sociopath on top who has been hell bent to destroy the US since WW2, just ate his kid, and it's safe to say, there were need, he will eat anyone.

And all that comes down, through the every character we meet, from strangers with we see wandering on sidewalks, with their terrible D-class cyberware, they have no any idea, no access to this technology, they are just prey, through the social structure, via characters we meet and social class they presented, what is power.

It really goes deep into cyberpunk and it's themes, transhumanism, immortality solving problems via technology, but now we have a other problem.

That also goes to V becoming engram, Takemura explained how laws aren't updated to recognize that engrams are persons. So you become property, which then goes to themes also presented in other works such as Ghost in the Shell, powerful protagonist, who doesn't own her own body.

Essays could be written any of topics presented by endings, but I recommend reading some real life stuff instead.

My Corpo loves Panam and I loved the ending called "The Star". :) I almost want to do "The Devil" for Takemura, but won't...I'm re-playing as a Nomad now, will likely go for The Star again; will also do a manual save before PONR to try for the secret ending...my Corpo did not make it to 70% affinity with Silverhand; will try for this with the Nomad, and a Street Kid after that.

The Star for me ... playing my third run now and this end is imo by far the best. V story is quite dark, as whole Night City is, so it really is pleasing to end this part of story (hopefully part only) in relatively warm/pleasant tones. Yea, there is still that part with 6 month prediction, but this is plenty of time for change it .... :)

My favourite one is giving Johnny a body (its just a perfect wrap of a story).

But for a sake of some form of continuation and V`s survival - Nomads.

Can't say - best for V is obviously the Sun, but not my favorite in the context of the story.

Happiest for V: The Sun
Most sense: Suicide
Most food for thought: The Devil
Most depressing: Temperance.

Meh/out of character at least for me: Star
Disappointing: Devil (don't sign)'s end credits.

I have only played through once, but from what I understand, none of the endings satisfy me. I would be go so far as to say the way the main story is handled is extremely depressing and disappointing.

Its one thing to "go out in a blaze of glory" or to have a downer ending, its another entirely TO KNOW IN ADVANCE that there is no satisfying conclusion possible at the very start of the journey. The latter just makes me want to stop even trying every step of the way. This was a total fail of a story from storytelling perspective, not what you want to have in your 'blockbuster' RPG. I have no idea whoever thought this was a good story.

I wanted nothing more before launch than to live in Night City as a mercenary. Guess what, that is not possible. Guess what, nothing you do makes any difference. I mean Jesus Christ, who thought this up?!

CP2077 would function best if I could ignore the main story entirely. That does not seem like the goal that CDPR had in mind??

ps. The poll needs "none of the above" option.

Last edited:
if we had more possible choices during the epilogue, I would have chosen the secret end sun unfortunately this epilogue leaves too many questions unanswered. suddenly end star for my V and Judy

I'm a rational person, I usually think of others before myself, so I think of every factor involved when making a decision.
I prefer the Secret ending because that way I sacrifice no one. As much as the game allowed me to immerse myself in V's character, I got this strong feeling that loss of dear people is too heavy a punch to endure (Jackie), so I'd pretty much do anything not to experience that pain again. I'm also not inclined to step over corpses just so I could save my own ass.
By the time I get to the end, I have many dear people to think about and I wouldn't want them on my conscience. Johnny and V were in this together more than anyone, and others are circumstantially drafted into the whole thing. Besides, just the two of us going against Arasaka feels supremely epic.
As for who gets the body - I'd always decide that it's Johnny's. It's perfectly clear that I'm gonna die anyway, so I'd rather not torture myself for another half a year and wallow in misery of impending doom. I'm also curious about what actually goes on behind the Blackwall. It's another adventure as well as a form of survival. And Johnny had changed for the better during our journey, matured and grown as a person. He deserves another shot at life.

Of course, this ending is something like a "lesser evil" for lack of a better option - like, staying alive and saving Johnny.

Star + Romance with Judy :

Not only does our Romance end well, but in addition we leave with the two people who wanted to leave NC.

And it gives me the impression that V has decided to let go of these futile ideals, to stay with the people who love him.

I think it rather comes down to the V you're playing - my NC loving Streetkid in a romance with Kerry would be goddamn miserable in the Star ending, and equally my Corpo who romanced Judy and wants nothing more to leave NC would hate the Sun.

Personally I found The Sun the most satisfying. It ties up Johnny and Rogue's narrative arc in a thematically pleasing way, and I always interpreted V's reason of accepting the their 'last gig' was that Blue Eyes had a way to save them, so I got the impression it was the most hopeful ending, rather than Star.

A better question is which do i despise most, which would most definitely be Sun, the equivalent of spitting on the player by rewriting their chracter into a scumbag depressed afterlife boss on the basis that they didn't want to get some nomads killed

As for which i despise least, well at least suicide actually retains player agency.

Last edited:
The gun TBH. Horrible and sad.......

but it is the ONLY ending where our choice matters.

Otherwise, V decides who to call and how to assault a building - that is the ONLY choice we make......... (unless Johnny returns, but focusing on V)
Everything in the epilogue is a stupid railroad where you can go WTF - why is V doing this. I didn't choose this - as well as being a cop-out where the quest to save ourselves is, so far, incomplete and have not found resolution (either found cure or cant find cure and need to Walter White it and face guaranteed death)

so as sad and horrible as the Gun ending is - its the only one where the epilogue represents any player agency for V.
Post automatically merged:

The star, because Judy :)
True - but most endings she just dumps you and goes away because V is a moron and focused on making money and building a penthouse's instead of ohhhh.. focusing on finding a cure!! which my V would not have chosen.

Otherwise, V decides who to call and how to assault a building - that is the ONLY choice we make......... (unless Johnny returns, but focusing on V)
Everything in the epilogue is a stupid railroad where you can go WTF - why is V doing this. I didn't choose this - as well as being a cop-out where the quest to save ourselves is, so far, incomplete and have not found resolution (either found cure or cant find cure and need to Walter White it and face guaranteed death)

so as sad and horrible as the Gun ending is - its the only one where the epilogue represents any player agency for V.

True - but most endings she just dumps you and goes away because V is a moron and focused on making money and building a penthouse's instead of ohhhh.. focusing on finding a cure!! which my V would not have chosen.

Yeah agree completely, though i can't say i've ever desired to play a game where the only option to retain my character is to give up and commit suicide.

I could say that I agree but... yes, there is a "but" :)
From the start, we've played like V who dreams of becoming a Night City legend, even if sometimes you have the choice to say that it is no longer V's dream (like in the Clouds).
And that's where many players may not like CDPR's approach (but it's their choice).
Here, nothing to do with any logic, just that in all other endings, either Judy leaves or she's in tears during the credits. Impossible to finish the game like that for me :)

From the start, we've played like V who dreams of becoming a Night City legend, even if sometimes you have the choice to say that it is no longer V's dream (like in the Clouds).
And that's where many players may not like CDPR's approach (but it's their choice).

In this case they should not advertise the game as our choices would matter in the story, because they don't. Nor advertise it as a role playing game.... oh! wait...it is an action adventure now.... I wonder why.

Top Bottom