Spoiler! But need some suggestions or explanations about the end of "THE BEAST IN ME"

+
So once I found out that Clair may not be thinking reasonably about her husband's Death, is there nothing I can do to stop her from killing the guy? I even tried SHOOTING her in the leg but the gun would not aim at her (game prevented me from shooting her).

I told her to settle down and wait a moment but she would not listen.
Did I miss some option in the dialog during the heated moment before she kills the poor guy?

Is this a no win scenario?

iCake

Forum veteran
She didn't kill nobody in my game. I don't know if these dialogue choices are what matters here, but I told her that my priority would be winning the race when she opened up to me with her sob story and when in the actual race I just focused on crossing the finish line first, which I did, and she barely had a chance to shoot the guy during the race. She got all upset with me afterwards, telling me how I robbed her of her revenge, but I didn't care. If she wants those wounds to fester, she can be my guest :)

It's not just what you do in the final race, there's a certain dialogue option you must use when she first tells you about her intentions (I think after the 3rd race?). If you didn't pick that line back then your efforts are in vain when the killing scene comes. So I guess you have to discourage her taking revenge from the beginning, to make her question if it really was a murder. I did the same as you in my first playthrough, felt bad and then never did her quest again, I don't like this story and the races themselves are completely ruined by the stupid a.i. driving teleportation, so I ignore her in every consequent playthrough and nothing of value is lost (yeah, I'm not a fan of that fugly car either).

Myajha

Forum regular
It's the end of the third race. If you say you'll do what she wants, no matter what you say in the 4th race you kill the guy, unless you decide to ignore him and finish the race.

If you say you want to win the race at the end of the third, then if you follow the guy in the 4th, depending on how you answer, you can save the guy and eventually get his car.

mmmmm... well that sucks, so by the time you find out his side of the story you are stuck in an outcome that prevents you from even shooting her to stop her? Yech, that is bad story telling.

Well they cannot all be great. I will take the bad with the great. Most of the other stories I enjoyed so its all good man, I guess.

When she brings up the idea after the race just before the last you have to tell her to let it rest then in order for actual conflict for telling her to let it go to actually work.

But that is before you find out his side of the story. Eh, as I said they all cannot be perfect missions right?

hmmm maybe you shouldn't agree to killing someone before you know the other side.... I messed up the mission the first two times, agreeing with her the first time until I heard the story, and I then I finished the race and she complained

then I found out you could stop her, I think its a pretty good idea. you gotta work harder to persuade her. plus the first time she basically said, your right.... but I don't care. Made it feel pretty real, though I was pissed at her.

hmmm maybe you shouldn't agree to killing someone before you know the other side....

LOL that is all you do in this entire game! :ROFLMAO:

Edit: OOOOOOhhh, I wonder if I can get behind her for a grab and take down? I going to try that.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, sorry I forgot to say thank you to all that posted to enlighten me about this, thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom