spoiler - call to arms: nilfgaard

+
spoiler - call to arms: nilfgaard

does it have a negative affect if i do not get emrys' help?

I hate the guy and I don't want his help- certainly do not want him to win the war or get ciri

Did anybody actually get him to accept?
Or rather, did anybody manage to have Geralt accept his help (on a - rather reasonable - condition that an NG general would command the troops). Geralt's choice-less refusal looked rather baffling, and so did Emhyr's being totally ok with it, even though he knew he'd be putting Ciri in grave danger. Overall, it just looked like the devs wanted to find a way to not have a squadron of NG commandos making the fight a complete cakewalk for the player.

Or rather, did anybody manage to have Geralt accept his help (on a - rather reasonable - condition that an NG general would command the troops). Geralt's choice-less refusal looked rather baffling, and so did Emhyr's being totally ok with it, even though he knew he'd be putting Ciri in grave danger. Overall, it just looked like the devs wanted to find a way to not have a squadron of NG commandos making the fight a complete cakewalk for the player.

Accept without the general I meant. It seems a completely reasonable demand from Geralt, because if there is an army there with a general, they risk that the general tries to exercise too much influence. It seems more reasonable to me that her father supplies whatever aid he can, without strings attached, to protect his daughter.

I didn't bring Ciri to the emperor, but can anybody tell me that if Geralt did, does the emperor still not give any aid?

Last edited:
No, no matter what you do (I brought Ciri to him later and generally agreed that I would do so all the time), Geralt and Emhyr refuse to budge from their positions. Geralt because he wants to lead the banner himself, Emhyr because he can't politically afford to just give part of his army to a band of Witcher with no supervision. The opposition nipping at his heel would never accept that.

I completely agree.

Last edited:
The entire scene didn't make any sense.

It doesn't matter who commands the army, if they really want to protect Ciri Geralt would accept the troops even with a Nilfgaardian commander and Emhyr would send the troops even without a Nilfgaardian commander.

On top of that considering where Kaer Morhen is located the whole idea of Nilfgaardian troops actually being able to go there is ridiculous anyway.

Emhyr could have just sent a few Impera Brigade Veterans. The supposed finest warrior. Not many, not even an army. 10-20 of them. Would be enough to tip the scales by a LOT.

Emhyr could have just sent a few Impera Brigade Veterans. The supposed finest warrior. Not many, not even an army. 10-20 of them. Would be enough to tip the scales by a LOT.

They're just experienced soldiers. By your logic they don't even need anybody to fight the Wild Hunt, just send some elite nilfgaard soldiers. No.

They're just experienced soldiers. By your logic they don't even need anybody to fight the Wild Hunt, just send some elite nilfgaard soldiers. No.

They are the elite knights of the Empire's finest military division - Impera.
They are not just experienced soldiers. They are the Apex of war in the Witcher world.

By your logic, Zoltan Chivay, Hjalmar and his 2 mates are also unneeded. :(

They are the elite knights of the Empire's finest military division - Impera.
They are not just experienced soldiers. They are the Apex of war in the Witcher world.

By your logic, Zoltan Chivay, Hjalmar and his 2 mates are also unneeded. :(

They are pretty unneeded, and provide only a very small benefit. What exactly did you see them do that was so essential?

They may be good soldiers, but they are not in the same league as witchers or powerful sorcerers.

They are pretty unneeded, and provide only a very small benefit. What exactly did you see them do that was so essential?

They may be good soldiers, but they are not in the same league as witchers or powerful sorcerers.

That may be so (though contested, the best may very well be a match for Witchers) but they ARE superior to Wild Hunt soldiers. So with good planning they can basically make sure that the Wild Hunt canon fodder cant really overpower the mages nor the witchers.

That may be so (though contested, the best may very well be a match for Witchers) but they ARE superior to Wild Hunt soldiers. So with good planning they can basically make sure that the Wild Hunt canon fodder cant really overpower the mages nor the witchers.

Totally. Emperor's elite soldiers are basically equal to witchers and would destroy the wild hunt. Ok. I guess you can just stop playing then and watch the soldiers kill the wild hunt.

Totally. Emperor's elite soldiers are basically equal to witchers and would destroy the wild hunt. Ok. I guess you can just stop playing then and watch the soldiers kill the wild hunt.

Bonhart was a mercenary who had managed to kill witchers. I suspect he is not the only unique elite soldiers out there.

Good. Make it 30. Or 40. Or even 50, still a small group to transport to Kaer Morhen.
Add a Southern Nilfgardian battle mage or two, that are neutral to Geralt and friends but obey orders well.

Would be enough to win the battle. Handily.

As for whether I want to stop playing... actually yeah. Seeing my planning work and bring people to a halt by letting me observe them killing each other is one of the reasons why I love STALKER. So I would like that... it would bring an evil smile to my face as I see the soldiers defend KM.

Bonhart was a mercenary who had managed to kill witchers. I suspect he is not the only unique elite soldiers out there.

Good. Make it 30. Or 40. Or even 50, still a small group to transport to Kaer Morhen.
Add a Southern Nilfgardian battle mage or two, that are neutral to Geralt and friends but obey orders well.

Would be enough to win the battle. Handily.

As for whether I want to stop playing... actually yeah. Seeing my planning work and bring people to a halt by letting me observe them killing each other is one of the reasons why I love STALKER. So I would like that... it would bring an evil smile to my face as I see the soldiers defend KM.

Bonhart might've killed a few inexperienced witchers. Probably not veteran, experienced ones. Though there are ways to kill witchers that do not require much combat skill. You can kill them in their sleep for instance.

The soldiers would probably have been slaughtered by the wild hunt soldiers. The mages could have been useful, but there are only a handful of very powerful ones.

Bonhart might've killed a few inexperienced witchers. Probably not veteran, experienced ones. Though there are ways to kill witchers that do not require much combat skill. You can kill them in their sleep for instance.

The soldiers would probably have been slaughtered by the wild hunt soldiers. The mages could have been useful, but there are only a handful of very powerful ones.

That is definitely not the way Bonhart was presented.

If Hjalmar, his 2 soldiers and Zoltan managed just fine, I think Impera would have no issues either... and would more than hold their own against the cosplayers brigade.

The Wild Hunt are posers really. Ever since Ciri destroyed Eredin in the books, I have been laughing them off...

Nilfgard has more mages than the north...

I imagine that a single soldier would have trouble defeating a witcher, but Emhyr offered a banner. Emhyr wasn't going to send 2-3 guys, he was offering a banner which (as far as I can glean from wikipedia) consisted of close 100 people in medieval Poland. So 100 soldiers under the lead of an experienced general might have been a massive help.

Top Bottom