[SPOILER] Corp Lifepath?

+
So my first run through I chose Corp cause I'm total tool and wanted the sexy clothes, hot cars and the power to crush the lives of scum!

But running through the intro chapter I'm kicked out of the corp and running StreetKid missions with Jackie like in the first 10 min. So I restarted (also because I found out you couldn't change your appearance so I figured I'd better do it up right before diving in deep) and chose StreetKid since I appeared to be living as one any way (the apartment is the same!?!? Ew!), may as well keep my soul, right?

So my question is... Does choosing Corp lifepath pay off? Do you ever get to be the soulless, shallow corporat I yearn to be? Or is it just a pointless mostly cosemetic choice?

To be clear I'm loving my StreetKid playthrough.

Keive

Forum regular
I didn't play much Copro but I didn't see much difference. I think what bugged me so much was that as a Corpo my apartment didn't seem to reflect the tastes I would have, especially "V's Favorite Shirt". Everything screamed Street Kid. Played as Street Kid and everything feels so much better. The montage makes a lot of sense and fits so well into it, I really enjoy this path much better.

Nope. its pretty much the same game. You get some extra conversations in every lifepath and thats about it. You know more about how corpos funktion so you can get some extra info outa Meredith for example.

I'm level 28 50 street cred nomad... stopped doing main quest after the heist mission... and the option to chose a nomad answer hasnt came up too often... maybe several times... but there are dialogue options... and w/e i can chose a skill related or class related dialogue option i chose it...

Dont know the impact of it yet, but...Specially since one of the nomads honor things is Keeping your word, your word is your bond... and i snitched on evelyn... felt like i fuct that one up, but i dont think that has any impact on the story :(

I'm level 28 50 street cred nomad... stopped doing main quest after the heist mission... and the option to chose a nomad answer hasnt came up too often... maybe several times... but there are dialogue options... and w/e i can chose a skill related or class related dialogue option i chose it...

Dont know the impact of it yet, but...Specially since one of the nomads honor things is Keeping your word, your word is your bond... and i snitched on evelyn... felt like i fuct that one up, but i dont think that has any impact on the story :(
Nope it doesnt, have tryed both ways and turns out the same. The option for Corpo turns up mostly when dealing with corps ofc. Guessing the nomad option is the same. So far i havent notised any diffrence in how the story progresses no matter how you do it so.

I didn't play much Copro but I didn't see much difference. I think what bugged me so much was that as a Corpo my apartment didn't seem to reflect the tastes I would have, especially "V's Favorite Shirt". Everything screamed Street Kid. Played as Street Kid and everything feels so much better. The montage makes a lot of sense and fits so well into it, I really enjoy this path much better.
Yeah, unless it's more content that didn't make to launch the game does seem geared to V being a StreetKid. Not sure about Nomad thought but I'm guessing it ends the same with you doing StreetKid stuff with Jackie.
Post automatically merged:

Nope it doesnt, have tryed both ways and turns out the same. The option for Corpo turns up mostly when dealing with corps ofc. Guessing the nomad option is the same. So far i havent notised any diffrence in how the story progresses no matter how you do it so.
Aww... I wanted the Corp lifestyle :(

yee, i still havent made it to the outside edges/rural areas yet... i have done all of the 6th st area, and the southern part with the wraiths tho...

Yeah, unless it's more content that didn't make to launch the game does seem geared to V being a StreetKid. Not sure about Nomad thought but I'm guessing it ends the same with you doing StreetKid stuff with Jackie.
All the life paths end up in the same montage as I understand.

Top Bottom