[Spoiler] Could T-Bug have suffered a similar fate to Alt?

+
I find it curious that of all the main deaths in the game, she's the only death we don't actually see or even care post-heist; which I find curious. So, I think she is indeed dead, but one general rule of thumb: if you don't see a body, chances are they are still around. Hell, we see the body of the guy who destroyed the first net. Yet, we don't see one for T-Bug?Since T-Bug was a skilled Netrunner like Alt. Could T-Bug have become some sort of AI thing?

She's dead, if you ask to Yoko at netrunner shop (where T-Bug offer you Ping QH, during "The Gift").
If I remember, dead in her apartment :(
she was most certainly "SoulKilled" by Arasaka and she has be "send" at Mikoshi (or simply erased).

Was I the only (cannot be) that thought the netrunner at the Japantown Festival, the one in the same room as Oda, looks a lot like T-Bug but we can't actually see her face? I would have liked this if we couldn't spend all the time we wanted in that room after Oda is put down. I really want V to lift her head.
It would make sense to me. After the 2019 trailer Dex was spoiled as what he was and TBug was right there with him
Post automatically merged:

She's dead, if you ask to Yoko at netrunner shop (where T-Bug offer you Ping QH, during "The Gift").
If I remember, dead in her apartment :(
she was most certainly "SoulKilled" by Arasaka and she has be "send" at Mikoshi (or simply erased).
She says that but is it true? :D

Was I the only (cannot be) that thought the netrunner at the Japantown Festival, the one in the same room as Oda, looks a lot like T-Bug but we can't actually see her face?
Photo Mode, she's not T-Bug ;)
(before unplug her)
It would make sense to me. After the 2019 trailer Dex was spoiled as what he was and TBug was right there with him
It's like the "Wake up Samurai, we have a city to burn" (where it don't happen at all in the game...), to not spoil the story too much in my opinion :)
She says that but is it true?
I think, in view of the sound of T-Bug "death" (literaly "fried") and her explanation, we could believe her (she's don't know what happened in the konpeki).

Was I the only (cannot be) that thought the netrunner at the Japantown Festival, the one in the same room as Oda, looks a lot like T-Bug but we can't actually see her face? I would have liked this if we couldn't spend all the time we wanted in that room after Oda is put down. I really want V to lift her head.

She says that but is it true? :D

We only have the words of a vendor and NCPD cops are not to be trusted.

Was I the only (cannot be) that thought the netrunner at the Japantown Festival, the one in the same room as Oda, looks a lot like T-Bug but we can't actually see her face?
I struggled, but found my post :D

Plus, isn't there's a Shard on or near the body that explains who she is?
Nope, I don't think so (I don't remember anyway).
I believe all what we know about her, it's from Goro : "a Arasaka netrunner".
Besides not sure that she is dead, I never really checked. In any case, unplug her like that, it's not "good" for her "health", that's for sure :D

So for T-Bug,
At best she was "soulkilled" and "stored" in Mikoshi (so she "go" with Alt or remain in Mikoshi at the end).
At worse she was simply "toasted/fried" by Arasaka (no engram, nothing).

And for Alt, it's a "lucky" or "unlucky" (as you want) circumstance who made her become what she is now.
Alt was connected to Arasaka network when Johnny decide to "save" her and unplug her without any form of precaution... And Alt is also a netrunner to another level. She coded the first and original version of SoulKiller and help Netwatch to "build" the Black Wall.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't think so (I don't remember anyway).
I believe all what we know about her, it's from Goro : "a Arasaka netrunner".
Besides not sure that she is dead, I never really checked. In any case, unplug her like that, it's not "good" for her "health", that's for sure :D

So for T-Bug,
At best she was "soulkilled" and "stored" in Mikoshi (so she "go" with Alt or remain in Mikoshi at the end).
At worse she was simply "toasted/fried" by Arasaka (no engram, nothing).

And for Alt, it's a "lucky" or "unlucky" (as you want) circumstance who made her become what she is now.
Alt was connected to Arasaka network when Johnny decide to "save" her and unplug her without any form of precaution... And Alt is also a netrunner to another level. She coded the first and original version of SoulKiller and help Netwatch to "build" the Black Wall.
Never thought of the photomode XD
Or she was "hired" by Arasaka; in the lore they call these operations extractions (when corporations abduct employees from other corporations)

Never thought of the photomode XD
Or she was "hired" by Arasaka; in the lore they call these operations extractions (when corporations abduct employees from other corporations)
Yep, could be possible, but I don't think it's much more enviable :(
(knowing that at worst Arasaka doesn't really need her alive, an engram is enough, "The dead never lie", if we believe Saburo)
For Alt, Arasaka didn't have the Soulkiller yet, so no real choice :)

But relic is still an untested prototype. If TBug is a good operative in the field they might have recruited her for that. Not so usefull as an engram

But relic is still an untested prototype. If TBug is a good operative in the field they might have recruited her for that. Not so usefull as an engram
Only if you think that Yoko (netrunner sellers) lie when she said that T-Bug was found dead in her apartment.
(Yoko could be a T-Bug friend or someone she appreciates at least, since she only gives you Ping because T-Bug asked for it)
In my opinion she have no reason to lie, and at best T-Bug have been "Soulkilled", at worse she suffered the same fate as the netwatch agents if you ally with the VDBs (simply "net-toasted").

Only if you think that Yoko (netrunner sellers) lie when she said that T-Bug was found dead in her apartment.
(Yoko could be a T-Bug friend or someone she appreciates at least, since she only gives you Ping because T-Bug asked for it)
In my opinion she have no reason to lie, and at best T-Bug have been "Soulkilled", at worse she suffered the same fate as the netwatch agents if you ally with the VDBs (simply "net-toasted").
I don't think she being recruited is the most probable but a possibility still, that the game reminds us of on the Oda scene. I also think Yoko is a friend of TBug and would lie to protect her if she had been recruited

I don't think she being recruited is the most probable but a possibility still, that the game reminds us of on the Oda scene. I also think Yoko is a friend of TBug and would lie to protect her if she had been recruited
Sad ending for T-Bug anyway whatever if she became engram, "recruited" by Arasaka or "toasted" :(
Since she was planning to leave Night City for good, to go to Crete and never again "set foot" on the net in her life.

We don't have a body, and she's only telling us (Netrunner vendor) what the police told the media. I don't think she has a first hand account. The police... well they don't have the best reputation. I don't know if you remember the CGI trailer, but at the end of the Heist. She is seen working with Dex to take V out. Unless that story was scrapped, and 'just a trailer'.

Unless that story was scrapped, and 'just a trailer'.
'just a trailer' ;)
Exactly like Johnny who welcome V (samurai) in the landfield in another trailer... it does not happen at all like that :)
(the fact is V is the "only" who managed to survive to The Heist, thanks to the chip. And "survive" is a strong word in this case)

Last edited:
But the "wake up samurai..." is presented as "trailery" in my opinion. When they decide to show characters that are in-game doing some meaningful actions it's another thing. Because we now we have a game where there aren't significant midway story branches but at he time this could have been canon or one of the possibilities. And they revealed it so it had an impact. Honestly I spent the first playthrough (after the heist and confirmation on Dex and Jackie's destiny) waiting for the TBug revelation on how she betrayed us.

OP you might want to include [spoilers] in the title

In fact the game include so many "little" things about characters and quests details everywhere like who recomand V to the Peralez, many "first try" for some GIGs where you can find the unfortunate guy (dead) somewhere, shards about quests/GIGs everywhere...
I suppose if it was intented that T-Bug managed to survive to The Heist, we would find something somewhere about that. But no, nothing, anywhere... The only infos in the game are "She's dead" by Yoko and her horrible cry in the Konpeki :)
(I pretty sure if T-Bug survived, there would be an info somewhere in Night City, a simple shard at least or a message on a computer in the Arasaka tower at the end).

In fact the game include so many "little" things about characters and quests details everywhere like who recomand V to the Peralez, many "first try" for some GIGs where you can find the unfortunate guy (dead) somewhere, shards about quests/GIGs everywhere...
I suppose if it was intented that T-Bug managed to survive to The Heist, we would find something somewhere about that. But no, nothing, anywhere... The only infos in the game are "She's dead" by Yoko and her horrible cry in the Konpeki :)
(I pretty sure if T-Bug survived, there would be an info somewhere in Night City, a simple shard at least or a message on a computer in the Arasaka tower at the end).

Well, The Sun ending introduces Blue Eyes, and that's the only time we see him. *I know we can see him in Parazles quest at the end, but he's 'off screen' so to speak.

OP you might want to include [spoilers] in the title

Okay, but games been out for months though. It's be weird if people are on this forum and never played.

Last edited:
Well, The Sun ending introduces Blue Eyes, and that's the only time we see him. *I know we can see him in Parazles quest at the end, but he's 'off screen' so to speak.
Not really the same story for Mr Blue Eyes, he's THE "mysterious" dude by excellence. We are intentionally uninformed about him ;)
(he's nor really "off-screen", he's right in front of you before you sit near Jefferson. I wonder how I managed to not see him in my first playthrough...)

Anyway, with infos present in the game now, for me, no doubt she's dead and gone like all who participated to the heist... Maybe it could change with expansions, who know :)

Top Bottom