[spoiler discussion] why can't i secret ending?

+
I have 135 hours on my character. The only quests left for me are car purchases. All police encounters, everything else, are resolved. With regard to Johnny silverhand, I told him that his epitaph would be the man who saved my life. I got his car, gave him his night out with rogue. Our relationship is at 60%, but I understand that people have even done the ending with the relationship of only 50%, so I don't think that's the issue.

It seems, though, that I simply cannot get the secret ending. The only two things I can think of are that I did let the guy live to get the keys to the car. Is letting that guy live really that important of a decision? Did I have to kill that one character? It's very frustrating, because this character is my street samurai character, and I really was looking forward to clearing out arasaka with nothing but satori.

Is there anything I can do to determine why I can't get this ending? Can someone who has the ending available to them post the list of completed quests in their save file metadata? If i can't solo arasaka, I'm going to be very sad :(

Yes, you have to make specific dialogue options during chippin in mission, goes as follows:
1. Have to chose guy who saved my life
2. Then you have to chose that he fucked rogue relationship and yours
3. Then give last chance to redeem himself
4. Call rogue
Voila, you have unlocked secret ending

Yes, you have to make specific dialogue options during chippin in mission, goes as follows:
1. Have to chose guy who saved my life
2. Then you have to chose that he fucked rogue relationship and yours
3. Then give last chance to redeem himself
4. Call rogue
Voila, you have unlocked secret ending
You don't need to choose "The guy who saved my life". But the other 3 choices are obligatory.

This is the full step by step that people followed.
  1. Start the side mission Chippin’ In, which can be found at the Afterlife nightclub after some main story missions.
  2. Complete all the tasks in the mission until you get the part at the end where you talk to Johnny one-on-one.
  3. Pick the dialogue choice to “Inscribe Johnny’s initials”.
  4. After Johnny asks what you would write on his real grave, select the choice that says “The Guy who Saved My Life.”
  5. At the next dialogue choice, select “Na, fucked that up too.”
  6. When Johnny asks if it’s too late for a second chance, ask him “what do you want from me?”
  7. At the next choice, tell Johnny “as last chances go, this is your last.”
  8. Select “You were a real d*ck in the beginning.”
  9. Select “When you said you let down your friends.”
  10. Select “Smasher biz really got to her.”
  11. Tell Johnny “I’ll call Rogue.”
  12. Complete the missions Blistering Love.
  13. Before the final mission, when Johnny asks you to make a choice about how you want to go about the final fight, make no choice and just wait.
  14. After 5 minutes, Johnny will suggest another choice: going on a “suicide run” alone. This will put you into the secret ending mission “Don’t fear the reaper.”

Well, i hope someone figures out how to hack save files to change choices on those quest lines.

Nah. The better thing would have just completed the game. Without the ability to replay the endings. The ending sticks. And you just finish what you where left with. So you'd have to replay the game to see all the ending choices. Which than would give you a reason to replay the game. And do that mission over correctly.

Nah. The better thing would have just completed the game. Without the ability to replay the endings. The ending sticks. And you just finish what you where left with. So you'd have to replay the game to see all the ending choices. Which than would give you a reason to replay the game. And do that mission over correctly.

Yeah, no. I am replying the game with a different character. However, that character is very different from this one. I am hopeful that they either open up the requirements for the quest or someone figures out the save file enough to hack a solution. 135 hours is simply too high an investment in time to redo the same character, though.

Why do you need to do the same character. The choices only matter in that one mission. Pick them and play your different character. Than get 100% in that playthrough.

Why do you need to do the same character. The choices only matter in that one mission. Pick them and play your different character. Than get 100% in that playthrough.
It depends where are with the game, if its 1st playthrough, Yeah it might be ok to go for second, but game 100% doesnt warrant 3rd one. I was stuck as this dude with second one but lucky i had save about 30 hours before

Top Bottom