[Spoiler] 'Favor for Radovid' did not activate

+
Just want to at least thank vennecto for the response, while it is disheartening to know i've missed out on a story arc of this game, it is nice knowing that at least someone listened and made a few things clear.

I had same problem. First playthrough I did this quest with no problems but on my second playthrough the quest didnt start.

I used the 'Teleport from anywhere' mod and I guess that bugged out the quest... That's really frustrating.

I did wish console commands can be used to change quests. With huge RPGs like the Witcher 3, bugs with quests are bound to happen. Especially when mod support is enabled

Last edited:
Okay, guys - to answer many questions at once:
1. It's not possible to manually 'edit' saves to 'fix' quests.
2. Editing .bundle files will do nothing as well.
3. Radovid's and Triss's strolines are not essential for finishing the game.
4. There is NO console command that changes anything in quests.

The easiest fix for your issue is to reload to previous save asap if you encounter a problem like this. The longer you play, the greater is the risk that the encounter point/trigger etc. will disappear forever.

If you have ever used console commands, bear in mind that various unexpected bugs may occur and we won't be able to fix them, since they're not game's fault.

1. I do not believe this, the witcher 3 writes this saves and the witcher 3 has to read the saves so it may be very complicated but why is this supposed to be "not possible". Homans programmed it so humans should be able to modify what it creates.
4. WHY? How do you even debug quest bugs? How do you debug quests bugs, playing them trough every time? I would imagine you have some internal tool to do all kinds of stuff, well maybe not. I think then the witcher is bad programmed. Why have console commands for spawing all items but not triggering quests? Makes no sense!

Seriously this one pisses me off, its maybe because of the "Teleport from anywhere" mod which should be a default witcher feature from the first place, this stupid sign posts are just to strech gametime artificially. But there are reports of people having this bug who never had this mod here or?

I am really annoyed by this, its just a simple trigger, whe the f can't it be triggered manually with a console command? I really do not get it, there should be at least a bugfix that you can have a 2nd trigger when talking to someone as suggested.

I also have another bug, its the door to the cellar where you can find the feline trousers upgrade, its supposed to be open but its closed. In that case I could spawn the schematic in my inventory, quest is bugged but I can at least have my armor upgraded.

I bet the programmers at CD Project RED would exacly know how to fix this, they have better things to do I guess. I am not buying this "not possible".

Also you are speaking of "The easiest fix" as in "the only fix I am goind to tell you". I for sure do not load a save from 20 hours playtime or whatever from b4 now. Well i guess I can watch the triss ending on Youtube then, still pisses me off. It was really THE thing I wanted to do in NewGame+

Last edited:
1. I do not believe this, the witcher 3 writes this saves and the witcher 3 has to read the saves so it may be very complicated but why is this supposed to be "not possible". Homans programmed it so humans should be able to modify what it creates.

It is not possible to do it MANUALLY, yet we of course can do it in our debug software, however saves created with this software are not compatible with retail version of the game, so the answer is still 'impossible'.

4. WHY? How do you even debug quest bugs? How do you debug quests bugs, playing them trough every time? I would imagine you have some internal tool to do all kinds of stuff, well maybe not. I think then the witcher is bad programmed. Why have console commands for spawing all items but not triggering quests? Makes no sense!

We debug quests in our software, which is kinda obvious - We don't do it in notepad++.
I'd only like to remind that developer console is meant to be used by the developers not by players, I can't see why you believe you can blame us for not providing you with cheats :)

I have the same problem and a huge part of the game to replay :(

Exactly. If you teleport out of Whoreson Junior's mansion using any other means than leaving via the main entrance, you will break the trigger that is placed in the gates and it will be lost forever.

This mansion you mentioned, is it the one where Junior is hiding in final stage of the quest, the one in Oxenfurt? I'd like to know exactly to which point should I go back.

If I add the mission objects that I wuold have obtained from "Favor for Ravodiv" using console command debug, can I unlock "Now od never" and "Reason of state"?

A possible solution using console commands. I tested this under the following conditions and with these steps, not sure how reliably it works with a different initial state:
- loaded a save from Count Reuven's Treasure (Whoreson not met yet in Get Junior, Dijkstra part is complete but Menge not met yet, the next stage is to meet Triss and go to Menge's HQ)
- used the following console commands (those in red were used to enable A Matter of Life and Death without completing Count Reuven's Treasure - they should not normally be needed):
addfact(q302_whoreson_found) - triggers the quest An Eye for an Eye
addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed) - this seems to be what enables Now or Never (edit: see also this post by mooop12 in another thread)
addfact(q302_fdb_spoke_with_radowid_chess_club) - updates journal entry about Radovid
addfact(sq302_start) - triggers the quest Redania's Most Wanted
addfact(q302_completed) - completes Get Junior
addfact(q303_completed) - completes Count Reuven's Treasure
addfact(q303_triss_about_sq301) - triggers the quest A Matter of Life and Death
addfact(triss_dd_start) - enables Triss default dialogue (so that it is possible to talk about sq301)
addfact(sq301_started) - enables the dialogue topic about starting A Matter of Life and Death

- completed Redania's Most Wanted
- completed A Matter of Life and Death
Now or Never was then triggered and could be played normally, without having met Whoreson or Menge. :)

For anyone looking for more fact IDs relevant to these quests, they can be found in their .w2phase files, which can be extracted in a human readable format with this tool:
w3unpack.exe -c -l en -s .w2phase -i QUEST.w2phase "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" QUEST.lua

where QUEST is the name of the quest (e.g. q302_mafia is Get Junior, see the table in this post for others), then open the Lua output file with a text editor. Change the path as needed.

Update: another issue that is caused by fast traveling out of Whoreson's estate is not being able to acquire the schematic for the enhanced feline trousers from a location that is unlocked only when the quest is properly completed. While a better work-around would be to unlock the doors, one can add the schematic with a console command and then mark the treasure hunt as complete:

additem("Witcher Lynx Pants Upgrade schematic 1", 1)
addfact(th1003_fdb_pants_upgrade1_explored)

Last edited:
Nice @sv3672 :)

Please be aware, that this method will work only if you did not finish part of main story which usually turns off those quest lines.
Also, quest facts are used in various different places, not only those mentioned here. And sometimes more facts are needed to get desired results.

Please be super cautious when using command-line, you may be not aware of full consequences without seeing quest logical structures.
Adding facts or items may break your save files beyond repair.

sv3672;n2146892 said:
A possible solution using console commands. I tested this under the following conditions and with these steps, not sure how reliably it works with a different initial state:
- loaded a save from Count Reuven's Treasure (Whoreson not met yet in Get Junior, Dijkstra part is complete but Menge not met yet, the next stage is to meet Triss and go to Menge's HQ)
- used the following console commands (those in red were used to enable A Matter of Life and Death without completing Count Reuven's Treasure - they should not normally be needed):
addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed) - this seems to be what enables Now or Never (edit: see also this post by mooop12 in another thread)
addfact(q302_fdb_spoke_with_radowid_chess_club) - updates journal entry about Radovid
addfact(triss_dd_start) - enables Triss default dialogue (so that it is possible to talk about sq301)
addfact(sq301_started) - enables the dialogue topic about starting A Matter of Life and Death

Now or Never was then triggered and could be played normally, without having met Whoreson or Menge. :)

Thanks for this. I just used your instructions to fix the problem that I caused with the Fast Travel Anywhere mod. I bet I played 20 hours after causing the issue before I realized that something was broken. It's been a couple hours now and I haven't had any ill effects.

sv3672;n2146892 said:
Update: another issue that is caused by fast traveling out of Whoreson's estate is not being able to acquire the schematic for the enhanced feline trousers from a location that is unlocked only when the quest is properly completed. While a better work-around would be to unlock the doors, one can add the schematic with a console command and then mark the treasure hunt as complete:

thank you so much for this i was losing my f'ng mind for the last hour

terillius;n6902300 said:
Jesus man, ive created an account just to THANK YOU. After ive teleported out of whoresons manor using the mod already mentioned, ive done countless quests in novigrad velen, and reached the almost no-no zone where you take SPOILER ALERT

Uma to Kaer Morhen. Thats the time ive realized that something is wrong, and i really wanted to assassinate radovid, and i think these quests are pretty much essential to do that. Then ive searched a little and found out ive missed the part when you walk out of the manor, and you TOTALLY SAVED ME. Thank you!

For anyone looking for more fact IDs relevant to these quests, they can be found in their .w2phase files, which can be extracted in a human readable format with this tool:
w3unpack.exe -c -l en -s .w2phase -i QUEST.w2phase "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3" QUEST.lua

where QUEST is the name of the quest (e.g. q302_mafia is Get Junior, see the table in this post for others), then open the Lua output file with a text editor. Change the path as needed.

Thanks for this! Appears the link for the tool is redirecting back to the CDPR forums. Any way you can re-share the link? I"m looking to do some research on some facts for Blood and Wine.

'Favor for Radovid' did not activate
So apparently this quest did not activate for me after killing whoreson junior. I have been far into the game after completing the whoreson junior quest line and realised that 'Favors for Radovid' did not activate.

The quest was suppose to activate while exiting the main entrance, however I 'teleported' out of the whoreson complex by a console cheat. So right now I couldn't bang Triss because 'Favor for Radovid' is a prerequisite for the quest.

I would like to know,
1) Are there any files I can edit to activate the cutscene for 'Favors for Radovid' through the sav. files or patch.bundle files?
2) Are there any save files you fine folks have with most side quests completed towards the end of Act 1, before heading to Skellige Isles?
  • Use command console (tilde ` key)
  • addfact(q302_post_mafia_completed)
  • addfact(sq302_start)

Top Bottom