[Spoiler for side quest] Cesar no hands fight bug

+
So I have defeated every enemy in the beat on that brat questline, however I can't fight Cesar thanks to a bug I haven't found on any forum so far. After speaking to Cesar and agreeing with him on the price money, he will go into the arena and wait for me to fight him. But as soon as I start it, the animation of my fists shows up for a brief second, then they disappear. So basically I can't finish this quest, even though I already won against the strongest enemy. Bruh.

Is there any known solution to this bug or do I actually have to skip that questline until it might be fixed?

So I have defeated every enemy in the beat on that brat questline, however I can't fight Cesar thanks to a bug I haven't found on any forum so far. After speaking to Cesar and agreeing with him on the price money, he will go into the arena and wait for me to fight him. But as soon as I start it, the animation of my fists shows up for a brief second, then they disappear. So basically I can't finish this quest, even though I already won against the strongest enemy. Bruh.

Is there any known solution to this bug or do I actually have to skip that questline until it might be fixed?
If I remember correctly, the only way for me to more or less reproduce a similar issue like this, is spawning in and use the item that removes all items from the game. It also removes V's fists. In that case, V couldn't fistfight at all anymore, and it had all the toe tail marks that it was to persist for the rest of the entire playthrough.

The only way to correct that, was to install a new pair of Gorilla Arms. Can try the same. Might work. Else, can try to use the save from right after the last working fistfight, and go straight to Cesar from there.

In addition, if this happened in your game without the involvement of mods, consider to inform Support about this occurrence using the link below.

I just can't fight back, my fists disappear and if I spam the shortcut for fists or I go to the menu nothing happens. I have no mods installed so far, as I just bought the game 10 days ago. Checking for corrupted files detected no error. The only way to maybe try it is to load an old safe state, but honestly, even if this works, I am not going back 20 in-game hours just to complete this side quest.
Post automatically merged:

The only way to correct that, was to install a new pair of Gorilla Arms. Can try the same. Might work. Else, can try to use the save from right after the last working fistfight, and go straight to Cesar from there.

In addition, if this happened in your game without the involvement of mods, consider to inform Support about this occurrence using the link below.

So I have tried loading several game files way before this issue first appeared and in all of them my weapons/fists were disabled as soon as the fight starts. I will now try to re-equip my gorilla arms and I hope this will fix it. I don't use mods so yes, if this doesn't work either, I will contact the support. Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:
Really weird bug :(
(it remind me a little bit the bug during Stadium Love, if you try to draw your weapon, instead of let the game do it for you, you were unable to do it and stay without gun in front of the targets...).
I hope that installing a new gorilla arms will work. If not, yep the better thing to do is send a ticket to the support for help (and also add your save, it could help).

Sadly, it was not as easy as just equipping new gorilla arms. I believe this bug is of a bigger scale, as I am unable to draw any type of weapon or jump in the whole area around this arena. But I have noticed that good old Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra is sitting on the bench right beside the arena. Maybe this has to do something with the bug, I am not too sure.

I have also reported this bug to the CD: PR support site, but so far I have not received any response.

As soon as this is fixed or CD: PR answers my support ticket with valuable information, I will update this thread.

I believe this bug is of a bigger scale, as I am unable to draw any type of weapon or jump in the whole area around this arena. But I have noticed that good old Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra is sitting on the bench right beside the arena. Maybe this has to do something with the bug, I am not too sure.
All of that is "normal" ;)
It's considered as a safe area (like in V's apartment, Viktor clinic or in the Afterlife for example), you can't draw weapon or you can't jump.
And for Padre, yes, this is his normal location, he watches over his sheep :)
With the release of the 1.5 and the next-gen patch, they must have a lot, even an awful lot of reports to deal with.

Top Bottom