[Spoiler Free] A love letter to Cyberpunk and Devs

+
I seen both myself and pretty much everyone criticizing and showing the unpleasant or per say bad sides of the game and such so decided to do something different. I would like to focus on the things I loved in this game and Devs can really use our positive feedback too.

1. Music:

As someone who loves music in games, I absolutely loved the gameplay music like both combat and story tracks. I couldn't able to hear the radio much to say anything since it was at the background mostly. The music felt like tracks from Payday 2 but also with a cinematic touch of John Wick which really gives you the chills if you immerse yourself.

2. Characters:

The characters, both main and side are unforgetable and really well made. You can feel their personality and emotions from the way they speak and all of them has a unique thing about them. The amount of cultural additions and the fact they using different languages also adds up to the immersion.

I just can't get enough of Japanese folklore or Mexican sayings, nor Jackie calling me a chica again.

3. The World

I really liked the overall world design and the map. Not only the city has different regions but also there are different gangs, cultures, wealth and such in different regions. All regions also have different people you can meet and the transitions are seemless and very immersive.

The slush clubs to the red light district. The compton like hoods to the mad max like badlands, it is a pleasure to the eye. Not to mention the items and stuff you get, they also are like immersive also.

If you don't mind the bugs and oddities, you can easily get immersed.

4. Story:

I also loved the story, especially the beginning part where it's the strongest. There revenge, rivalry, betrayal, redemption, ... The side storylines are also is a must have that just makes you even more immersed and connected with the characters.

5. Gameplay:

I also found the gameplay very enjoyable if not bothered by some inconveniences I had with bugs. Both stealth and loud options are quite useful and the difficulty setting are serviceable to all audiences although I believe that the default hard is not the best experience so I do recommend normal or easy for a less frustrating time. The options you have in terms of builds are abundant although leveling feels a bit grindy at times which I will believe get a balance tuning also.

6. Conclusion:

As a Misty from a different reality, I believe that Cyberpunk will have a redemption arc like No Man's Sky and we will soon see a better and well polished game. We just need to be patient.

"You're a woman of little faith."

:)

Last edited:
Same - The parts of the game that are strong are spectacularly so - and I'm so excited to jump back in and play again after I get back from our break.

When the only flaw with the characters is you just don't spend enough time with them - you know you've nailed their design.

I'm really excited to see where the future of Cyberpunk goes.

Even though people (me included) can be hard on them for the shaky release, I want them to know that (from what I've seen) they're critical because they see the gem that this game is shaping up to be/can be. I applaud them for the good game they have so far, but am looking forward to the great game they'll possibly turn it into.

Don't kill yourselves with crunch, though. I'm patient.

Happy Holidays!

Cyberpunk 2077 is by far the best game i have ever played, it is a love letter to gamers and humanity. The kind dedicated people working on it have put love and soul into every bit and part of it. The stories told here have changed my perspective on so many things in life and its a beautiful masterpiece in each sentence. Thank you for making Judy, there has never been anything in this media that impacted me like her character and story and the way its told. Night City and all its tales unfolding in such details hold still so much potential and bring so many possibilities.

The single most important things i could ever hope to say to all the devs, and i hope it reaches them, would be;

"A true artist will put out his work naked, honest, and without any shields or pretenses, he will suffer through all the blows of critique and scorn. And after that, next time he presents his work he will present it in the same way." This is what i see in all of you that have probably twisted everything you hold dear in your artwork to the point of doubt even, just to deliver this honest and true expression of love and affection for beauty and life. So i beg of you, i beg of you don't ever doubt your place in life at this moment, what you have delivered us is only possible because of each and every one of you working on this, no one could have done what you did, don't ever doubt it. You have changed peoples lives, you have changed peoples relationships to each other, you have shown true beauty and opened so many eyes to it and we are all better for it, thanks to you! And if you ever dare forget that, I promise, I promise ill get me a job at CDPR to remind you in person! I beg of you don't ever give up on your visions and ambitions for this selfless gift of beauty. I beg of you to never allow click hungry vultures to cloud your creative minds and stall your ideas. I beg of you to forgive those that don't see or realize how much you have given to create this wonderful place and all the characters inside it, please be and stay patient with us all. And lastly i beg you for more Judy, pls.... ( ._.)

Despite having some good ol' critiques regarding the way the story, I love Cyberpunk. It's a game that I truly believe it can become a wonderful masterpiece if given enough time and love and I can't wait to see it happen to what's become one of my favorite games in the past decade.

I came to this forum looking to add my voice in support of CDPR. I have been gaming since there were computer games (on main frames). I love open world RPGs and have been waiting for this next gen. platform to arrive.

I know it is hard and it is brave for CDPR to be a leader. I am only sorry for the crunch time decisions but I understand that business is business. In my opinion, companies should lay off the release-day hype and be honest with their fans and employees. Release it when it is ready to release. Treat your employees right , they are your most valuable asset. Help customers (especially new gamers) understand that it will be buggy for a while but the company and community is strong and will work together to sort out the issues and keep making the game better and better. Games like this, the Witcher series, Elder Scroll, Fallout, etc. can have long lifespans if the developer is strong.

I'm sorry to hear about the distributor refunds and now the class action, but I will keep playing the game and probably enjoy it and keep supporting CDPR because I want them to survive and keep improving and leading the way in this genre.

I'm also keeping an eye on the modders over at Nexusmods.com. They are an important component to the strength of the platform and the game. CPDR should give them all the support they can.

-ARGold (gamertag: Maestro)

As a Misty from a different reality, I believe that Cyberpunk will have a redemption arc like No Man's Sky and we will soon see a better and well polished game. We just need to be patient.

As much as I would love this, the only thing they've actually said they're committed to so far is getting the game to work on last-gen. I wish they'd let us know what they're actually committing to do with the game in the future.

People often forget that most game launch have a lot of problems, just google for Fallout 4 lunch day bugs for a refresher!
I played a lot of MMO's in the past that were not playable for months after the game had released, some took years to redeem themselves. But to get back to my Fallout 4 example, people often forget that the game had many expansions and DLC to make it what it is today.

I m playing on a 9 year old PC(i7 3770k) with a GTX 1660 TI on Ultra and have encountered very little in terms of bugs in the 100 hours or so I played so far. Not a single crash! The worst one I got was when I got stuck floating after a leap attack with Mantis Blades rendering me unable to move that required a restart.

I m still far from completing the story, since I m taking my time enjoying all the little things the game has to offer.

I m in love and totally impressed with this game! Does it mean I don't see room for improvement, of course not, we always want more.
Post automatically merged:

As much as I would love this, the only thing they've actually said they're committed to so far is getting the game to work on last-gen. I wish they'd let us know what they're actually committing to do with the game in the future.
While I think the launch events will delay their plans, they have announce plans for DLC and expansions in hidden message of the launch trailer.

Last edited:
+1

I genuinely love this game. I love the story, characters, location and music just to name a few. I adored TW3 but this takes the cake for me now.

I really hope devs can see some of the positivity. I hope they don't listen to the people who only played for 2-3 hours and claimed that the story was boring.

Even though the game has a lot of cut content and bugs, I can't deny how incredible the good parts of the game is. When they shine they completely make me dismiss the bad stuff about the game. It reminded why I praised CDPR games in the first place, and why they are my favorite game developers. From the writing, the characters, the music, and etc. This video sums up a lot of things the game does so right.

Last edited:
amen brother
there is so much love and care in this
best gaming experience i ever had

I completely agree. Despite the bugs and everything that has happened, the game will be easily one of the best games I have played in recent years. A tribute to the wonderful cyberpunk 2020 role-playing game.

2. Characters:

The characters, both main and side are unforgetable and really well made. You can feel their personality and emotions from the way they speak and all of them has a unique thing about them.

One of the best things in the entire game is the facial animations. When you see NPCs reacting to what you're saying with a raised eyebrow, rolling their eyes or shaking their head it makes them feel so alive. Just look at Judy's reaction when Evelyn interrupts her BD the first time you meet her. Or Johnny's reactions when you're talking to someone. Brilliant! :D

Despite their problems I cannot be too angry with CDPR they have given me this ... And this far exceeds what I have seen in a video game so far.

photomode_31122020_002859.png

I came here to voice how impressed I'm with game. It's the best I have played ever.

My first computer was Commodore 64, didn't program much with it, but games were thing. Played computer and console games after that on on off for decades. At some point I sort of gave up on PC gaming, it's mainly for other things. Got XBox One X couple of years ago and mainly played racing games, first big thing there was Gran Turismo on first Playstation though.

For story driven games, Deus Ex was big thing for me back in the day. First Mass Effect was something I felt had interesting direction, but that series then went to be something else. In general I started to feel that I don't really belong to target audience for story driven games.

Due corona virus situation, I have had (too much) time to get to try story driven games again via Xbox game pass. Was impressed by the Outerworlds. While not big budget title, story can be seen as study of certain real life matters, and / or post cyberpunk (genre) piece. I was impressed. Wasteland 3 was really whacky, but good experience, technically it was a terrible mess at first though.

Got Watchdogs (first one) from sale, and found that greatest feature for me was to study all the real life history pieces there were and that was pretty much it, probably wont finish it.

Cyberpunk 2077 was something else. Got it as early Christmas present from my sister. I noticed I had 170 hours in when I finished it, that is surreal amount of time for me to spent in game. Then I was curious about other endings and went back and played some more. First one really clicked for me, I was really surprised how natural the narrative flow was and others make sense too. They feel very faithful to certain things in cyberpunk genre.

Writing, and then executing that, animation, voice acting, heck, certain character has distinct way to play guitar! I haven't seen term multimedia used much for ages, but essentially excelling that, is what was required to make all this work. It doesn't matter if body language isn't discussed much, but it is important! and Cyberpunk 2077 gets that. Similar manner, characters from different social classes, not only express themselves differently, but writing, voice acting, animation, all express how they also think differently.

It's very difficult to say much about the story, first because of spoilers and then, there really is a lot of content there. I felt it was all very consistent, city really is kind of characters on its own, yet for me all sorts of little things encountered in world, in game ads but mostly, jobs and gigs, that really enables that character, what happens there.

Good fiction, IMO can embrace reality. Few months back there was a news article about human traffic, people living in containers and working for like 50 eurocents for hour. It used to be like "Can't happen here", yet it did. Now offices responsible for preventing this are under scrutiny, which is a good thing.

Good fiction isn't shy. There are limits and it's not a job of games or entertainment industry in general to replace whatever systems different countries have. But works of fiction can present questions. I don't know much about Cyberpunk tabletop game, but I know its creator Mike Pondsmith said something like "Cyberpunk was never supposed to be aspiration, but a warning". Cyberpunk 2077 IMO executes that very well.

I suppose different kind of approach could have been possible and perhaps a kid with Commodore 64 could have been content with that. That was decades ago and present me, I'm very happy that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't some intellectual desert.

Games are media, among others, films, television shows, books. For long I thought that games don't evolve in matters of what is human, simply because there is no audience and industry isn't interested about that either. CDProject proved me wrong and that's a good thing.

Thanks for OP for creating this topic. It was a bit difficult to figure out where to post this.

I seen both myself and pretty much everyone criticizing and showing the unpleasant or per say bad sides of the game and such so decided to do something different. I would like to focus on the things I loved in this game and Devs can really use our positive feedback too.

1. Music:

As someone who loves music in games, I absolutely loved the gameplay music like both combat and story tracks. I couldn't able to hear the radio much to say anything since it was at the background mostly. The music felt like tracks from Payday 2 but also with a cinematic touch of John Wick which really gives you the chills if you immerse yourself.

2. Characters:

The characters, both main and side are unforgetable and really well made. You can feel their personality and emotions from the way they speak and all of them has a unique thing about them. The amount of cultural additions and the fact they using different languages also adds up to the immersion.

I just can't get enough of Japanese folklore or Mexican sayings, nor Jackie calling me a chica again.

3. The World

I really liked the overall world design and the map. Not only the city has different regions but also there are different gangs, cultures, wealth and such in different regions. All regions also have different people you can meet and the transitions are seemless and very immersive.

The slush clubs to the red light district. The compton like hoods to the mad max like badlands, it is a pleasure to the eye. Not to mention the items and stuff you get, they also are like immersive also.

If you don't mind the bugs and oddities, you can easily get immersed.

4. Story:

I also loved the story, especially the beginning part where it's the strongest. There revenge, rivalry, betrayal, redemption, ... The side storylines are also is a must have that just makes you even more immersed and connected with the characters.

5. Gameplay:

I also found the gameplay very enjoyable if not bothered by some inconveniences I had with bugs. Both stealth and loud options are quite useful and the difficulty setting are serviceable to all audiences although I believe that the default hard is not the best experience so I do recommend normal or easy for a less frustrating time. The options you have in terms of builds are abundant although leveling feels a bit grindy at times which I will believe get a balance tuning also.

6. Conclusion:

"You're a woman of little faith."

:)

For me I think this is exactly why the game is so disappointing. The stage is clearly set for a masterpiece; all the pieces are in order. But once you realize your choices don't really matter, "RPG" has been replaced with "action-adventure", the beautiful world truly is only skin deep, the absurd physics, atrocious AI, and predominantly unsatisfying endings, all of the potential falls apart. If the things I just mentioned matched in quality to the things you mention in your post, then the game would have been amazing.

Top Bottom