Spoiler, Jackie and Evelyn, and my theory on their possible return

+
Good morning my Fellow Night City Mercenaries,

I got a little theory about these two and how we could maybe see more of them in the future.

We know that the Corp can get Jackies body. A friend informed me that in one of the endings it has his Engram. Were he is happily living in the Afterlife. For whatever reason the Corp has given him his own little slice of heaven. For all we know even if they do not recover him from Vick, they just steal him from his grave after his Mother buries him.

With Evelyn, after she dies and is buried we never can find her grave. What if the Corp just graverobs her from her grave, and replaces it with another. After all if she knows about the Relic, what other secret information could she have known and leaked. What better way then to make a Engram of her and find out.

Thanks to Johnny we know that Engrams can override the mind of the host. My theories are.

1) What if for whatever reason Arishoka decides to make a deal with V, we bring them back and in return you leave us alone. I mean I could see my V atleast taking the offer to bring back Jackie and maybe Evelyn to make Judy happy.

2)Yorinobu decides that his secret wrecking ball V, could use some support and brings them back to help bring down Arishoka or atleast damage it more. Or he makes a deal with V, attack Arishoka some more and you get Jackie back. Vs motivation would be to have his,her best Friend back and I am sure Misty, Vick, Mama Welles would happy to say the least.

3) One of the various AI that likes us or atleast tolerates us manages to get the Engrams and decide this could help them achieve a goal they have in the Physical World.

I know all these theories require stealing a Body or Cloning, but when has something being illegal ever stopped anything in Cyberpunk?

One problem. In all but the devil ending, Alt assumes control over Mikoshi and "assimilates" the personalities living there.

We have absolutely no idea what that means. Alt is purposfully misleading and enigmatic, and we don't know her motivations at all, which is well done, considering she is an AI. I don't see any reason she would allow Jackie to be free, but again, we don't know anything about her so it's completely up-in-the-air.

The only other thing I would say, why would Arasaka care about Evelyn? Tbh bringing Evelyn back would do a disservice to Judy's storyline.

Evelyn's probably not coming back. She served her purpose in the story. And she served her purpose to tell a story. As for Jackie, i doubt this is how he'd come back. Remember bringing people back from dead casually hurts the story. I doubt CDPR would bring everyone back for the happiest ending.

Requiring bodies is more complicated than you think. It is explained in Hanako's ending if you saved certain someone. I'm not gonna spoil it for you but basically it work's like donated organs. You need tissue to comply with the consciousness.

Oh well, guess thats that theory gone. Still hoping for more Jackie content tough.

Why bring evenly back?
She was so scarred by what was done to her that she opened her arteries.

Why can't people let the poor woman go?
I just feel sorry for Judy, I think she needs a win. Her whole story seems sad especially with the whole "the person I loved killed herself in my Bathroom" or "NC is like quicksand, didnt hear from you in a while" ending. Never played through her Romance, so if it ends better for her, no idea.

Last edited:
Oh well, guess thats that theory gone. Still hoping for more Jackie content tough.

I just feel sorry for Judy, I think she needs a win. Her whole story seems sad especially with the whole "the person I loved killed herself in my Bathroom" or "NC is like quicksand, didnt hear from you in a while" ending. Never played through her Romance, so if it ends better for her, no idea.
Everybody feels sorry for Judy.
But bringing back Evelyn is not going to help anybody, because the scars would remain. Remember the discussion between T-Bug and V about Sandra Dorset in the bathtub? About the ice could water and the panic attack?

All Judy can do is what all people do who lost somebody. Go through all the stages of grief, talk to friends and family and make a decision.

A friend informed me that in one of the endings it has his Engram. Were he is happily living in the Afterlife.
Untrue. Unfortunately the "engram" was made after his initial death, and Jackie is gone. The copy is only a sad, depressing fragment of his personality, forver replaying some of his key moments... trust me, the worst possible fate one can imagine. No, he is gone.

With Evelyn, after she dies and is buried we never can find her grave.
Well, Judy tells us she laid her to rest. Later on we can find her memento in the Columbarium. As others pointed out already, she suffered enough for 3 lifetimes worth. Let her go. :/

Good morning my Fellow Night City Mercenaries,

I got a little theory about these two and how we could maybe see more of them in the future.

We know that the Corp can get Jackies body. A friend informed me that in one of the endings it has his Engram. Were he is happily living in the Afterlife. For whatever reason the Corp has given him his own little slice of heaven. For all we know even if they do not recover him from Vick, they just steal him from his grave after his Mother buries him.
Nope, he doesn't show up in Mikoshi unless you sent his body to Vik.

Also, people in this game aren't buried anymore. They stopped burying people after their relatives got fed up with scavs robbing their graves to steal their cyberware. Instead, people are cremated and put in columbarium niches. Can't make an engram from a pile of ashes.

Thirdly, engrams made from a dead body are fundamentally broken, corrupted. If you sent Jackie's body to Vik and later meet him in Mikoshi, he'll be incapable of engaging in an actual conversation with V, instead parroting things Jackie have already said to V in the past. So he's more like a glorified voice mail than anything else.
With Evelyn, after she dies and is buried we never can find her grave. What if the Corp just graverobs her from her grave, and replaces it with another. After all if she knows about the Relic, what other secret information could she have known and leaked. What better way then to make a Engram of her and find out.
Judy had her cremated and stored her ashes in a columbarium niche. So it's impossible to make an engram of her.

@ OP, at the colombarium after Judy texted me about burying her. There's an epigraph for Alt Cunningham and Andrew Weiland too, among others. A few other significant names were Antonio Peralez, brother to Jefferson. There's even one for Brick, saying he left behind more friends than enemies, although I saved him in my all my playthrough. Not sure if misinformed mourning or a bug.
1618414544740.png

@ OP, at the colombarium after Judy texted me about burying her. There's an epigraph for Alt Cunningham and Andrew Weiland too, among others. A few other significant names were Antonio Peralez, brother to Jefferson. There's even one for Brick, saying he left behind more friends than enemies, although I saved him in my all my playthrough. Not sure if misinformed mourning or a bug.
Most likely a bug. The other Maelstromers knew he was alive after Royce took over, so question is who put his niche there if it's not a bug.

Jack and Ev are fragged, chummer. The only way outside of prequels is if CDPR pulls some kind of comic book ressurection crap, and that would just be annoying.
As for Brick, word was out he was dead. Even Dex thought he was. Maybe one of his chooms had a marker placed even though there was no body.

Jackie could only possibly come back in event of one particular option being cannon and that he was saveable (which he isn't even if you choose that option). This is all very slim hypothetical s and the fact that Alt assimilates all 'souls' in Mikoshi, likely means nobody soul killed would come back.

I do really like Jackie but I honestly think he was just a story device, to make the story super sad and depressing. Its like hey heres an interesting charater who you're starting to build a friendship with, bam no sorry he died.

I have to agree with the others, it wouldn't happen.
About the only possible way for Evelyn, if Arasaka made an engram of her on relic 3.0 that doesn't kill the host and then Yorinobu sold her out to punish her. And thus the story arc continued.He placed her on a relic instead of inside Mikoshi thus does not suffer the fate of ALt assimulation cause she a Borg Program. LOL:ROFLMAO:

I guarantee that if Evelyn was alive, It would be her people would romance instead of Judy given the choice. Ppl
In this place would say no, Judy is better but, ha, sure.
Ppl talk about Evelyn like oH, MY, gAWad, ev this and ev that. The reality of her story was tragic too soon, like a missing growth to her, she was incredibly intriguing, beautiful, rare. That’s why I find it makes no coherent sense to bring her back, seriously. I’m going to wait to see if this expansion is to my liking before a hellava purchase. tic, tic, tic. Time is coming.

Top Bottom