[SPOILER] Mutual of Beauclair's Wild Kingdom (Rare silver momma basilisk)

+

[SPOILER] Mutual of Beauclair's Wild Kingdom (Rare silver momma basilisk)

• Total voters
Mutual of Beauclair's Wild Kingdom (Rare silver momma basilisk)
This was one of the toughest choices for me somehow.

I've decided to kill her straight away and that's what I've done. But when I was fighting her (the last of it's kind) - it somehow really came to me that this is not what she deserves. Also the guy was so so unhappy and mad at the same time, after I've killed her. I was also little sad when I saw him :(

Of course you'll get more XP, coins from killing her, also loot (steel sword, not so great either) and a trophy (which isn't so special, 5x1%chance (herbs,xp people,xp monsters,coins,tore to shreds).

I'm curious if there's any straight outcome however. When I killed her the guy was screaming that he will go tell everybody what I've done and that people (merchants) would not like me - bad stores prices, etc...

I've decided to roll back and leave her to be. I normally never rollback my choices in Witcher games. This is however a really hard quest somehow. People died because of that monster, Geralt is a monster slayer after all, when there's harm with no reason, monster dies, witcher moves on, that was my thinking right when I saw the mess at the trading station.

But nothing in Witcher's world is the right or the bad choice after all right?

// I let my self out here, but for me it was really an experience
// What do you think? What did you do? Any direct consequences?

Last edited:
I didn't kill the basilisk. I'm not sure if there was any difference in store prices, i just saw the posters that said how Geralt the witcher respects nature etc.

At some point later in the game, i spoted a flying monster, got the draconic oil ready, but it just wouldn't attack. I even kind of chased it around to make sure i was close enough to trigger the attack, but nothing ( no "enemy" red dot on the mini-map either ). Then i checked the map and realized i was in the area where the silver basilisk's nest was. So it was the silver basilisk and it wasn't aggressive. It was a nice little detail and i felt justified for sparing it's life.

It's a monster that has killed at least a handful of humans, so as a Witcher Geralt would kill it without a second thought.
It wasn't an easy decision for me, but I felt it was an easy one for Geralt.

I killed the beast too. Not its fault though, as the basilisk was "manipulated" from both side: merchants sent poor people to die and get the "insurance" money from the "owner" of the beast. I had two choices: prevent people to be what they always are -- greedy --, or kill the last untameable beast of its kind.

Fun fact - if you decide to kill the beast, you will hear somewhat later that the nobleman who was keeping it fell ill from sorrow.

I didn't kill the basilisk. I'm not sure if there was any difference in store prices, i just saw the posters that said how Geralt the witcher respects nature etc.

At some point later in the game, I spoted a flying monster, got the draconic oil ready, but it just wouldn't attack. I even kind of chased it around to make sure i was close enough to trigger the attack, but nothing ( no "enemy" red dot on the mini-map either ). Then i checked the map and realized i was in the area where the silver basilisk's nest was. So it was the silver basilisk and it wasn't aggressive. It was a nice little detail and i felt justified for sparing it's life.
Spotted her later too. Same exact story, thought it was just a normal monster, spent 2min aiming at him because signs did not work, crossbow too, that's where I notice there's no enemy icon on minimap :D

She was just happily flying in the air =))

Top Bottom