[Spoiler] Need to shut down River

+
So my V is only into girls, plus she is already in a relationship with Judy. Can you add a better way to shut him down during the picnic? V should be able to say right there when eating that she is in a relationship already. Also, I don't see my V as ever having been with a man but once they take a walk she starts talking about old boyfriends or guys who hit on her.

Did I miss something, I don't recall flirting with him, just trying to be a friend, like I was/am with Panam.

I feel like I have to skip this quest entirely.

If someone knows a way to do the quest but shut him down in a better way, or tell me where I messed up, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I thiiiink that having a few stories about being hit on, probably are a thing for V's that have no interest in males aswell. I mean, you know how people are, especially in cyberpunk world 😏

I do agree that having a better way of shutting him down would be neat for the people interested in that. More options are always better!

*Ugh* I feel like the game has an agenda in terms of what is appropriate sexually and what isn't. I feel like I'm playing a game targeted at fifteen year old boys wanting a bit of pron. Its entirely disappointing.

Tbh i just skip this full quest series if im playing female V thats with judy, it's not particularly done well at all in the slightest, it kills the character you've created by going through all these past experiences with boyfriends which leaves absolutely zero option to play a gay female, all thats left is someone who's "been there, tried that" now my 2nd choice is, sorry but my character was born gay, she didn't "tragically" become that way through a series of shit relationships, she doesn't find men attractive or is attracted to them, she only has eyes for women.

Every relationship i've did so far is basically the same as the friendship path, which i like because it seems natural, with both Judy and Panam this sort of dialogue, choices and past encounters from V dont come up, Rivers at a set point constantly just hits you over the head with cringe after cringe after cringe with zero opportunity to back out with the simple statement of "im Gay" or "im in a relationship", a simple scene where your having a drink with your m8 or like what happened with Panam where she asked if anyone was waiting for you would've went very far, putting ghat simple scene there could've cut out all the picnic scene for gay characters yet left it for straight.

It's not rocket science, or atleast my V sure wasnt into that sort of rocket science anyhow

Did you talk of past boyfriends as a straight male? Never did it tbh as my first time through really put me of doing it again

Now imagine with me, with a hetero male V, doing the picnic mission, then River taking me to the top of the water tower.
Felt pretty awkward.
Yeah, that one snuck up on me too. "Oh... this is a romance questline now...". It kind of seemed to come out of the blue all of a sudden. Nothing beforehand came across as "flirting" to me. KInd of felt bad for leading him on, lol

Did you talk of past boyfriends as a straight male? Never did it tbh as my first time through really put me of doing it again
The auntie or whoever the girl is says "So, V... you seeing anyone?". Cue to River and me walking away from the table. This was designed for female V.
We cooking together, you see River playing with the kids, and you discover he's a good cook. Like I'm supposed to be melting for that shit like I'm a woman.
It's overall, a pretty gay mission.
I'm actually surprised you can't romance him with a gay male V.

Yeah it why i said opening them up to whoever you the player make as a character wouldn't change much if anything, about the only one is Judy where its mentioned she was in a previous relationship with a woman but if you've got shit spewing out V's mouth about past boyfriends then theres no difference if Judy hooked up with male V

Tbh i just skip this full quest series if im playing female V thats with judy, it's not particularly done well at all in the slightest, it kills the character you've created by going through all these past experiences with boyfriends which leaves absolutely zero option to play a gay female, all thats left is someone who's "been there, tried that" now my 2nd choice is, sorry but my character was born gay, she didn't "tragically" become that way through a series of shit relationships, she doesn't find men attractive or is attracted to them, she only has eyes for women.

Every relationship i've did so far is basically the same as the friendship path, which i like because it seems natural, with both Judy and Panam this sort of dialogue, choices and past encounters from V dont come up, Rivers at a set point constantly just hits you over the head with cringe after cringe after cringe with zero opportunity to back out with the simple statement of "im Gay" or "im in a relationship", a simple scene where your having a drink with your m8 or like what happened with Panam where she asked if anyone was waiting for you would've went very far, putting ghat simple scene there could've cut out all the picnic scene for gay characters yet left it for straight.

It's not rocket science, or atleast my V sure wasnt into that sort of rocket science anyhow
I'm pretty sure the "going through all these past experiences with boyfriends" is nothing of the sorts. Just the three worst pickup lines V's ever heard. You shut River down on top of the water tower and I though female V dialogue there was fine.

River is just a disaster. The picnic date gave me cringe - all this talking about marriage and him being into V, while there's absolutely no chemistry. I mean, why he says that he misses V after TWO MEETINGS? There is no real reason she would reciprocate - there's nothing I can say about him at all, it seems that someone among the developers just wanted to design their crush into the plot.

It's insane that he is my only male option, I like Kerry so much more... And WHY River can have earrings and I cannot buy any?

I'm pretty sure the "going through all these past experiences with boyfriends" is nothing of the sorts. Just the three worst pickup lines V's ever heard. You shut River down on top of the water tower and I though female V dialogue there was fine.

There was at least one really awkward non-optional line from V. Something like: ”this isn’t a romantic stroll by chance” in very flirtatious way.
Not very well written if you don’t plan on dating River.

There was at least one really awkward non-optional line from V. Something like: ”this isn’t a romantic stroll by chance” in very flirtatious way.
Not very well written if you don’t plan on dating River.
True, I noticed that line. Guess it just needed to somewhat work for both a romance and non-romance path.

interesting. I didn't notice that because I skipped the entire picnic thing. his questline was meh anyway.

Good call. It was pretty dumb even without the unsolicited romance.
It annoyed me on lore standpoint how suspended River and his trailer park family affords fresh ingredients for his stupid jambalaya? I thought in this world most of the food is processed crap from corporations and fresh and real ingredients is basically for the rich. Oh well.

Good call. It was pretty dumb even without the unsolicited romance.
It annoyed me on lore standpoint how suspended River and his trailer park family affords fresh ingredients for his stupid jambalaya? I thought in this world most of the food is processed crap from corporations and fresh and real ingredients is basically for the rich. Oh well.
You're right. I was so irritated with him, I didn't notice that fact.

Top Bottom