(SPOILER) Romance with Yennefer/Triss and others.

+
a small addition here, since I read it all the time: I Was with Ciri at the Lodge ant still got the Ciri = Witcher ending. It depends how you answer/ act there, and of course your other choices (for example I never went to Wyzima in the first place, so I didn't get the chance to accept or deny the emperors money.

Her fate is decided by 7 factors resulting in 3 different fates, Following her in the lodge is a negative thing, but if you do the others right she can live.

Last edited:
I don't want to romance both. I just want to keep the door open until I get to know more about Yennefer.

You can do this by not doing Triss's quests until you get the Brother's in Arms quests to collect people for the battle at Kaer Morhen in Act 2. By that time you will have ha d alot of time with Yen on Skellige.

The problem is that a great many RPG players do all the side quests they can before advancing the main quests in order to not get locked out of content by advancing the main plot too far, so most players get the lock in for Triss way too early. If they made her quests a higher level people would have been more likely to wait until later thus having more time with Yen beforehand. Then it would have been fine to give you a bad ending for romancing both. As it stands now it just feels like they are punishing those who like Triss but find out they like Yen more later on.

You can do this by not doing Triss's quests until you get the Brother's in Arms quests to collect people for the battle at Kaer Morhen in Act 2. By that time you will have ha d alot of time with Yen on Skellige.

The problem is that a great many RPG players do all the side quests they can before advancing the main quests in order to not get locked out of content by advancing the main plot too far, so most players get the lock in for Triss way too early. If they made her quests a higher level people would have been more likely to wait until later thus having more time with Yen beforehand. Then it would have been fine to give you a bad ending for romancing both. As it stands now it just feels like they are punishing those who like Triss but find out they like Yen more later on.

It has been confirmed indeed is a bug. If you choose "let's try again" instead of sworing "I love you", you will not be locked into Triss. This will be patched in 1.05.

It has been confirmed indeed is a bug. If you choose "let's try again" instead of sworing "I love you", you will not be locked into Triss. This will be patched in 1.05.

If they are gonne fix that, and you say 'lets try again' but it does not lock you into a romance with Triss, how can you eventually choose her? Will there be another quest when you reject Yennefer in The Last Wish?

If they are gonne fix that, and you say 'lets try again' but it does not lock you into a romance with Triss, how can you eventually choose her? Will there be another quest when you reject Yennefer in The Last Wish?

Hopefully - would be awesome !!

But I think it's gonna be the more easy way (which I do not like): That if you say let's try again, that you just have to turn down Yennfer later on ... and that's it, to be locked on again.

But I hope the go the right not the easy way

Tis I don't know. I only know it is a bug not what the developers intended to implement.

Hopefully - would be awesome !!

But I think it's gonna be the more easy way (which I do not like): That if you say let's try again, that you just have to turn down Yennfer later on ... and that's it, to be locked on again.

But I hope the go the right not the easy way

I'm about to start a new playthrough and romance Triss now anyway so i probably wont say that anyway :p Romanced Yennefer first time and i loved her, even more so then Triss in W2 tbh. Wonder how she is in this game.

It was explicitly stated in another thread that you have to say "I love you" to one of them to lock in a romance after the patch. if you say "Let's try again" to Triss and then later turn Yen down I imagine you get the "Geralt spends the rest of his days hunting monsters alone" ending.

It's not that I don't believe you, but is there a link to wherever this was officially confirmed? This issue is one of the reasons I'm terrified of starting a new game.

Mekc

Forum regular
It's not that I don't believe you, but is there a link to wherever this was officially confirmed? This issue is one of the reasons I'm terrified of starting a new game.

Yes please. Some official words about it.

As I think it's not an easy thing to "fix". If you are not locked into romance with Triss after saying "let's try again" - you will need some additional content in the game (final choice, going with Yennifer, dumping Triss "we tried, sorry", or... else) which is not there and I don't think that they will add content in patch 1.05.

But... Having Triss in the later game while choosing Yennifer - it would be so much of a better story for me.

They made the game so Yennifer-focused, that even after choosing Triss (on purpose and liking her) I regretted my choice like 5 times without an option to change it.

As I think it's not an easy thing to "fix". If you are not locked into romance with Triss after saying "let's try again" - you will need some additional content in the game (final choice, going with Yennifer, dumping Triss "we tried, sorry", or... else) which is not there and I don't think that they will add content in patch 1.05.

But... Having Triss in the later game while choosing Yennifer - it would be so much of a better story for me.

They made the game so Yennifer-focused, that even after choosing Triss (on purpose and liking her) I regretted my choice like 5 times without an option to change it.

I found it http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...a-MAJOR-flaw?p=1712752&viewfull=1#post1712752

Now all I need is a New Game +

Mekc

Forum regular

Final clarification (the game developer had three posts in that topic):

If you start a new game, you "romance" Triss only if you say "I love you". If you say "Let's try again", nothing happens. It means you "lock" romance only by saying "I love you" to one of the girls.

If you have an active game, and you already said "Let's try again" to Triss and you had sex in Lighthouse - you will NOT BE LOCKED to Triss after patch and can do romance with Yennifer. So actually a bug and a patch-fix will allow to have 3 sex scenes (1 Triss, 2 Yennifer) with a happy ending with Yennifer but ONLY in the active (NOT NEW!!!) game.

Ik add them back damnit I loved Yen

---------- Updated at 03:13 AM ----------

If enough people give voice maybe the developers might do something to atleast let us see them again ?!

I don't know how to link it but in the Main Quests section of this part of the forum there is a thread "This game is epic...but has a MAJOR flaw' (or something like that). In there, GingerEffect says it will be fixed. He did not say it will be fixed in patch 1.05 however. (If I recall correctly)

Sorry to bump this from the grave, but i was searching for some Yennifer topics and found this one. I haven't played any other Witcher game ( yeah i know my bad, i'l correct that in the near future :D )

But throughout this game i heard several times, that opposites attract when describing the relationship with Yennifer. But it seems to me, that's not really the case, unless you count that Geralt distain for luxury stuff. They both make hard choices constantly, unlike Triss who always seems to advice caution on every turn.

Triss doesn't seem his type at all, and from what i see from this game Yenn is who he should end up with. She even gives up her luxury lifestyle for him, to live a quiet secluded life with the man she loves.

Top Bottom