spoiler - Saburo's datapad

+
I used a trainer to go back, but there is a way to get up to the AV pad after Saburo died, and you will find a sword and a datapack floating in space after the AV left.

The data pack is really enlightening. What did Saburo intend to do if Yorinobu didn't kill him? He said "it's good your mother isn't around, no need to break her heart again". Do you think Saburo intended to kill Yorinobu or at least incapacitate him so he could get his engram transferred in?

If you hack the datapad encryption it reveals a diary of Saburo. It seems he could have nuked off of NC to make sure Relic doesn't fall into the wrong hands... but he wanted to talk to Yorinobu before he did that.

So if you think that's what Saburo intended to do? Seize Yorinobu and then take the relic chip, or destroy the whole city?

So that meant Yorinobu killed Saburo because his life was in danger?

Yes. It would be in character. Hanako and Saburo did not care about Yori at all in their ending. The body is just a object to them. It's one of the things I had thought about in order to save V. Since they are so heartless in that ending. I wish V had some sort of evil ending. And take Hanako's body over. Reshaping Arasaka from within. I still get mad at a plothole with all the endings. Saburo's copy has to have a Relic chip on standby for the Hanako ending. Yet Alt doesn't mention this to V. Showing Alt is actually evil. Hating on V and Arasaka equally.

I've been able to revisit Konpeki after the Heist and the pad is still there, hanging in space since the AV was despawned. How are you able to open it? It was hard enough trying to get Saburo's katana during the job, that silly AV door keeps getting in the way.

I used a trainer to go back, but there is a way to get up to the AV pad after Saburo died, and you will find a sword and a datapack floating in space after the AV left.

The data pack is really enlightening. What did Saburo intend to do if Yorinobu didn't kill him? He said "it's good your mother isn't around, no need to break her heart again". Do you think Saburo intended to kill Yorinobu or at least incapacitate him so he could get his engram transferred in?

If you hack the datapad encryption it reveals a diary of Saburo. It seems he could have nuked off of NC to make sure Relic doesn't fall into the wrong hands... but he wanted to talk to Yorinobu before he did that.

So if you think that's what Saburo intended to do? Seize Yorinobu and then take the relic chip, or destroy the whole city?

I can't interact with that item at all.
Post automatically merged:

yorinobu killed saburo because for most of his life he has seen saburo/corporations, and the way he does things as a blight on the world. He was trying to destroy arasaka from behind the scenes after returning, and just got fed up I'm guessing.

I can't interact with that item at all.

Yeah it's bugged, you have to do some shenanigans to get back to the roof of Konpeki Plaza after the mission is done to get a chance to get it.

But it's all hear-say I haven't seen anyone post screenshots of the data pad's content and this is the first time I'm hearing about Saburo nuking Night City.

Wot?!

Yeah it's bugged, you have to do some shenanigans to get back to the roof of Konpeki Plaza after the mission is done to get a chance to get it.

But it's all hear-say I haven't seen anyone post screenshots of the data pad's content and this is the first time I'm hearing about Saburo nuking Night City.

Wot?!
The last entry. It doesn't explicitly say nuke but that's the impression.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Here is the content of the data pad

It makes me wonder why did Hellman leave. Do you think perhaps Yori found out Hellman spilled the beans to Saburo so pressured him to leave?

Last edited:
It makes me wonder why did Hellman leave. Do you think perhaps Yori found out Hellman spilled the beans to Saburo so pressured him to leave?
He left because his life was in immediate danger, I thought. Saburo was killed, Yorinobu took his place, so he didn't have anyone in higher power to protect him. That's why he was running to Kang Tao with the blueprints, and even considered bargaining with V before he knew what was going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if he panicked the second he found out Saburo was killed, thinking Yorinobu definitely knew for sure how he found out.

yori is the good guy saburo the bad guy
Not really.
Post automatically merged:

Saburo is keeping the relic from Militech, because they are just as evil as Arasaka.

In the lore it says "word on the street is that Saburo threatened to nuke night city to save himself from Militech capture" but it is unknown if that was Militech propaganda or not.

Not sure if Saburo had intentions of stealing Yourinobu's body. He reaches for Yourinobu's face as he is strangled, making me think he was not there with intention to kill him. Taking Yourinobu's body could have just been the request of the engram he made as the engrams are programmed to take a host asap at any cost. He would soon have the technology to make his own body anyway so he wouldn't need Yorinobus.

Yorinobu and his dad are both prices of shit that think they have principles. At least Saburo somewhat cared about inoccent lives being lost doing his nutty shit nuking the city. Yorinobu just starts international conflict with 0 concern for how many innocent lives die in the process.

It's hard to say what direction the story will go, but Yorinobu and his dad are both nutty.

Last edited:
FYI, Saburo datapad can be obtained already during the 'Heist' mission. The player needs however to have obtained either the double jump or the extended jump cyberware. After the scene where V and Jackie fall through the skylight windows, it is possible to jump on the pipes and, from there, on the roof again. Saburo's personal hovercraft will be gone and both its sword and the datapad will be there, floating in mid air. Instead of coming down from the same road, it's also possible to explore a second escape path that was cut out of the game and that should have made possible to avoid combat/stealth (I guess it was made for techie or netrunners). Unfortunately this path is blocked by a locked door at some point.

It's really weird how such a bug can go past play testing, especially since this is one of the most important story missions. The roof and the datapad can be reached once T-Bug opens the door on the main floor, since it also opens the door to the roof. Then you even get an optional mission marker to take out the guards.

Guess how disappointed I was when I opened the door to the AV, saw the glowing datapad and thought "Omg, maybe we can leave per AV and I can save Jackie" and then I was unable to interact with it.

It's really weird how such a bug can go past play testing, especially since this is one of the most important story missions. The roof and the datapad can be reached once T-Bug opens the door on the main floor, since it also opens the door to the roof. Then you even get an optional mission marker to take out the guards.

Guess how disappointed I was when I opened the door to the AV, saw the glowing datapad and thought "Omg, maybe we can leave per AV and I can save Jackie" and then I was unable to interact with it.
The world is full of objects that cannot be picked despite being detected as such. The collisions and physics are rudimentary and bugged.

Top Bottom