[Spoiler] Soulkiller / Mikoshi / Relic Did I miss something ?

+
The relic we are supposed to steal and which ends up in our head due to unfavorable circumstances, on which the engrams of Johnny Silverhand are stored ... somehow something does not fit together.

If I got that right, "Soulkiller" is there to make a copy of a person's engrams.
Mikoshi is the repository for these engrams.
The relic is used to transfer the engrams to a new host.

So the big question is ... why is Johnny Silverhand's engram on the Relic?
Why did Saburo ever make an engram of Johnny, for Johnny it felt like a prison at the time in Mikoshi but Saburo planned from the beginning to use the tools (Soulkiller / Mikoshi / Relic) to achieve immortality. So why make a Johnny Silverhand engram?
why does he put Johnny in Mikoshi for 50 years and why does he end up on the relic we steal?

Did I miss something or does it just make no sense?

it doesn't make sense, like why would militech want to buy johnny's engram and what was saburo planning with it like hellman said he had plans for it, I'd say it's unpolished storytelling just to get the gig going

Personally, i think Johnny was not originally stored on the chip... he was inside mikoshi... It was Yorinobu who added him there (he was kinda obsessed/inspired with him actually, and looks like Netwatch wanted Silverhand engram to capture Alt.. (Yorinobu planned to sell chip to Netwatch)

Ah I confused the two there and you make sense there. Yorinobu hating his father's company might have been a 'fan' or atleast have seen something in johnny. You just made it make much more sense real quick for me

np, some things only make sense when you finish all endings.. Yorinobu being inspired by Johnny can be only seen if you side with Arasaka. Plus, Netwatch dealings are mentioned in conversation between Yorinobu and Helmann (BD from Konpeki Plaza) and some more details can be found on laptop next to Netwatch agent in Mall.. (together with info about Evelyn trying to play out Voodoo boys and Netwatch at the same time)

np, some things only make sense when you finish all endings.. Yorinobu being inspired by Johnny can be only seen if you side with Arasaka. Plus, Netwatch dealings are mentioned in conversation between Yorinobu and Helmann (BD from Konpeki Plaza) and some more details can be found on laptop next to Netwatch agent in Mall.. (together with info about Evelyn trying to play out Voodoo boys and Netwatch at the same time)

Yorinobu only stole the chip to prevent Saburo from using it. neither in the BD nor in the Arasaka end is Netwatch or Johnny mentioned. Johnny is only casually identified as a terrorist who tried to overthrow Arasaka but failed.
Still no explanation as to why Johnny's engram is on the relic.

Yorinobu only stole the chip to prevent Saburo from using it. neither in the BD nor in the Arasaka end is Netwatch or Johnny mentioned. Johnny is only casually identified as a terrorist who tried to overthrow Arasaka but failed.
Still no explanation as to why Johnny's engram is on the relic.

My guess is that Netwatch had an interest in the silverhand engram because of its possible connection to Alt, who resides beyond the BlackWall

Yorinobu was going to sell the chip to Netwatch. Netwatch wanted to get at the chip to have a means of contacting Alt Cunningham.

Yorinobu was going to sell the chip to Netwatch. Netwatch wanted to get at the chip to have a means of contacting Alt Cunningham.

how do you come to the conclusion?
there is no indication that Yorinobu wants to sell the Relic and certainly not the engram of Johnny, why should he do that? he is an arasaka, money is the slightest motivation.
It's clear why Netwatch and the Voodo Boys want the Relic with Johnny's engram, but the only person who wants to sell the Relic is Evelyn Parker, but that has nothing to do with Yorinobu and doesn't explain why Johnny's engram is on the Relic is.

there is no indication that Yorinobu wants to sell the Relic and certainly not the engram of Johnny, why should he do that? he is an arasaka, money is the slightest motivation.
It's clear why Netwatch and the Voodo Boys want the Relic with Johnny's engram, but the only person who wants to sell the Relic is Evelyn Parker, but that has nothing to do with Yorinobu and doesn't explain why Johnny's engram is on the Relic is.

Hello :) Its canon my friend. Its explained at multiple points in the overall storline. You can read the essence of it all here at the wiki.

Well there are some indictions

1610639349228.png

1610639270429.png

Thank you, I seem to have overlooked the mail that Yorinobu cooperates with Netwatch.

Top Bottom