Spoiler-spam woes

+
Spoiler-spam woes

Friday (15th May 2015) to today (17th) have been an absolute travesty with regards to spoilers for the game being posted everywhere. Since certain Youtubers have gotten the game they have proceeded to spam my feed with videos with spoilers in the titles and thumbnails. It got to the point where I have hardly looked at youtube or twitter properly since Friday night, but I've heard it's gotten worse with regards to spoiler-spam.
Even to the point of one Youtuber moaning that hardly anyone is viewing his videos of the game and yet, if you look at his comment section everyone is saying the same, stop posting until AFTER the game releases as nobody wants spoilers, and yet he still moans... and posts...
Allowing, or otherwise not chastising this behaviour is hurting sales of the game in my opinion. Allowing videos to be posted so early had severely dented my anticipation for this game. I know of at least 5 cases where preorders were cancelled DIRECTLY because of spoiler-filled youtube videos.
I will NOT be cancelling my preorder, I am still looking forward to playing, just not as much now.

Did CDP send out copies to Youtubers too early?
Did they forget to say NO SPOILERS until release?

What are your thoughts on spoiler-spam?

Personally I haven't had anything major spoiled for me. Why do you stay subbed to a dickhead if he refuses to stop posting spoilers?

What are your thoughts on spoiler-spam?

IMO it is very easy to avoid the spoiler, and those doing it are not at fault but the shop selling to them before release date are. Why punish the customer that done nothing wrong for that... CDPR shouldn't be spending all their time scanning YT to see if a new person has made a stream. Waste of time IMO

I manged to keep myself spoiler free ..I only know a couple of spoilers and a certain spoilery cameo based off the AmazonGames Livestream that took place a few days ago.

I turned away in more spoilery scenes..I also know very little of the prologue (except for all the footage that we've seen of White Orchard..the CDPR youtubers event's videos..I know around 5-6 side quests that I got spoiled on but thats like nothing).

I specifically stayed away from the starting scenes so I don't get spoiled on them..although I've seen pictures with comparisons of console vs PC.

With that said aside from those I am pretty much spoiler free and I cannot wait to jump into the game finally and experience it for myself.

So, what do I know about TW3 so far:
(sorry if this spoils anything)

Geralt is in it,
and so are Yennefer, Ciri and Triss.
It takes place in a large land area (west?) of the last game.
And that's about it, really.

A good tip for folk not wanting spoilers is not to view or follow folk keen on sharing, streaming or posting the game.
Actually, why on earth would someone want to watch someone else play the game, depriving them of their own fresh experience? I don't get that.

IMO it is very easy to avoid the spoiler, and those doing it are not at fault but the shop selling to them before release date are. Why punish the customer that done nothing wrong for that... CDPR shouldn't be spending all their time scanning YT to see if a new person has made a stream. Waste of time IMO

Quoted for truth.

I have EASILY avoided spoilers. I don't understand how people are unable to avoid them.

So, what do I know about TW3 so far:
(sorry if this spoils anything)

Geralt is in it,
and so are Yennefer, Ciri and Triss.
It takes place in a large land area (west?) of the last game.
And that's about it, really.

A good tip for folk not wanting spoilers is not to view or follow folk keen on sharing, streaming or posting the game.
Actually, why on earth would someone want to watch someone else play the game, depriving them of their own fresh experience? I don't get that.

I watched a lot of streams but never on the beginning part of the game..only gameplay side quests here and there just to see how the game looks and plays.

I don't understand either how can people just go to RadBrad or Swiftor or even Gamespot/IGN streams that they just show the beginning 2 hours of the game..I cannot fathom why people that plan on playing this game just go and spoil their experience of the story like that.

For me, it wasn't the fact that I watched any of the streams or videos, is was the fact that they're throwing spoilers in the titles. so, as i'm scrolling through reading the video titles to see what i want to watch next... BAM... 'witcher 3 part 10 triss dies!' (not real, made up for effect). but you see what I mean. even scrolling youtube has become hazardous to story integrity. The offending asshat has since been unsubbed from. but i don't want to see story spoilers in my 'what to watch' page before a game is even released.
You get a preview/review copy to make videos before a games release, at least have the decency to NOT put spoilers in the title of your video...

I'm sure for click bait there will be a frenzy to record the controversial sequences, the ending and all the sex scenes.
Actually, I would be surprised if some of those things were not already posted.

I've seen people starting to post in this forum asking things about the game they are clearly playing.
I don't envy the moderators' jobs over the coming days...

And I'll be giving youtube and the games sites a miss almost immediately now...

Nothing easier to me than avoiding spoilers of TW3... specially because the lack of cats in the game :p

If you don't like water don't go under the rain.

This issue could have had a simple solution. lock the PS and Xbox versions of the game just as it was done for PC. so that no one could play the game before the day 1 patch even if they've already gotten their hands on a copy.

I personally have only seen videos regarding the first hour or so. So nothing really major regarding spoiling. Everything beyong the Prolog are is still spoiler free fro me. And I am very glad it is that way ^^

Top Bottom