[SPOILER] The 1.5 Patch and beyond Storytelling thread

+
I like the things patch 1.5 added but it would feel more immersive if the sense of urgency was dialed down to account for the fact that V can buy property and have more compelling relationships. An easy fix would be to remove Viktor's "two weeks to live" line and keep V's remaining time ambiguous. Just the fact that she is slowly changing into Johnny is enough.

An easy fix would be to remove Viktor's "two weeks to live" line and keep V's remaining time ambiguous.
Hum, maybe you didn't pay attention but it's already "ambigous" abnd above all, it's not "two weeks" ;)
Viktor : "The biochip... it's basically a bomb, fuse lit already. You don't have much time left, much... life. A few weeks tops."

Generally I like idea of more text message interactions, but like mentioned before - a lot of those reply options doesnt seem to fit. I know its hard to please everyones V and I dont know how time and money consuming is to create them, but it would be nice to have wider range of possibly replies.

...and have more compelling relationships.
Did you play each path already?

There's one real gem with Panam that I guess triggers regardless if is in relationship with her. It's about how Panam messages V about song she heard, US Cracks and Kerry collaboration and V get to boast how he had something to do with that.

This piece really shines if V is in relationship with Panam. There's this one thing that could be useful for Panam and Nomads and that's a contact, supposed arms merchant. So V absolutely doesn't tell Panam about that.

It's really great because you can picture your V sitting in a car or leaning against the wall somewhere in the city. And our V is like typing that message with huge grin on his face because "I know this one piece of information that you could use, but nah, nanananaa I'm not going to tell "

Because doing dick moves like that, is what you do when you are in love.

This immersion stuff and future potential. I see there's a lot in that. I mean it's a bit one sided now but maybe in expansions they could increase Panam's role and she could appear on some gigs. Like when V is dragging incapacitated subject to extraction point suddenly there's a shot and NPC's head explode and that's a stiff so V loses his bonus and then he gets a SMS message from Panam and it's like "I just happened to be close by and I swear I saw him move! Was he really unconscious?"

So they could add stuff like that in expansions and then there could be more car rides with Panam and they talk about anything but those weird incidences. They could license more music to make these even more immersive. They would discuss like "So how was your day" -"Well, nothing special. You?" "It was... nothing special for me neither." and they look each other and there would be this '80s song on the radio, "... I want to know what love iiiis..." while they sit in their car in silence, looking at each other, scheming who knows what to sabotage each other.

Compelling relationship, or that kind of relationship at least. :love:

Hum, maybe you didn't pay attention but it's already "ambigous" abnd above all, it's not "two weeks" ;)
Viktor : "The biochip... it's basically a bomb, fuse lit already. You don't have much time left, much... life. A few weeks tops."

Few weeks, two weeks: same difference. My point was that no specific time frame should be given.

Few weeks, two weeks: same difference. My point was that no specific time frame should be given.
Maybe is a language distinction but in french "quelques semaines" (translated : few weeks) can mean 2, 3, 4 or even 10 weeks (it's quite/very vague).
Like I can say : "I posted few screenshots on Judy's thread". I posted more than 10... :D

Few weeks tops to live yet you get a egg to hatch a Iguana that takes what 2 months in game time to hatch? Ok

Ppl want DLC that has V once again scurrying about night city solving everyone's problems apart from there own with mere weeks to live? Ok

More fleshed out romances/dates? When exactly during the "weeks" V has are these to occur? Already during the weeks you have left is when you actually get to know, even met for the first time, any of these ppl, is it during your search for a "cure" that you want to take a valuable night of?

I'll agree with Agent -94, the worst thing was Vik saying "you got a few weeks tops" then nothing being accomplished at the end to V's predicament and then the game putting you back in the city BEFORE the final mission, i dont honestly envy the person left to sort this out because they been put in a corner with a hole an told to get out, as i said before it be interesting to see what direction they do take but as V themselves said at the end "What was the fucking point?" and thats the question that needs answered, not some head cannon nonsense or more "lets fill the game up with more gigs an side missions that make ppl forget how utterly and completely a waste of time anything they do is.

I still enjoy running about testing my builds out but it's always in my head that it's meaningless, there endings made sure of that, and messing about NC knowing V is dying just prolong's that sense of "meh no point" then i reroll without completing the game because "whats the point"

Few weeks tops to live yet you get a egg to hatch a Iguana that takes what 2 months in game time to hatch? Ok

Ppl want DLC that has V once again scurrying about night city solving everyone's problems apart from there own with mere weeks to live? Ok

More fleshed out romances/dates? When exactly during the "weeks" V has are these to occur? Already during the weeks you have left is when you actually get to know, even met for the first time, any of these ppl, is it during your search for a "cure" that you want to take a valuable night of?

I'll agree with Agent -94, the worst thing was Vik saying "you got a few weeks tops" then nothing being accomplished at the end to V's predicament and then the game putting you back in the city BEFORE the final mission, i dont honestly envy the person left to sort this out because they been put in a corner with a hole an told to get out, as i said before it be interesting to see what direction they do take but as V themselves said at the end "What was the fucking point?" and thats the question that needs answered, not some head cannon nonsense or more "lets fill the game up with more gigs an side missions that make ppl forget how utterly and completely a waste of time anything they do is.

I still enjoy running about testing my builds out but it's always in my head that it's meaningless, there endings made sure of that, and messing about NC knowing V is dying just prolong's that sense of "meh no point" then i reroll without completing the game because "whats the point"
Excuse me but I don't see how let "more time remaining to V or let it more vague" would change anything to the fact that V will die anyway at the end. To quote @andrewdilley, if I remember : "The story was about V 's attempts to cheat death - which is ultimately futile".
And nothing would change this fact (any pre-ending content would seem "useless" to you I suppose). It could change only if CDPR decide to make another ending in an expansion.
But it's something which have been discussed on many threads since release :D

Im no talking about giving V more time im talking about the game saying you have mere weeks left then proceeds to get you to wait literal months to hatch a egg, how it expects you in mere weeks to solve nigh every problem in night city and then when you do it basically says cheers now fuck off an die what you did is pointless but here just one more gig??

Vik saying "You have mere weeks" makes everything pointless apart from trying to get something to fix V, after being told that then having to wait 2 MONTHS for a stupid egg to hatch is hilariously stupid, that 1 line adds urgency to the narrative, it tells the player to move there arse not waste time waiting on eggs to hatch or hop skip and jump solving everyones problem but your own, that 1 line sets the tone for the rest of the game, a tone heightened every time V has a attack.

As is following the main story leaves no room to divert from it, diverting from it leaves only room to ignore the main story because you only have "mere weeks"

Simply having Vik say " I don't know how long, but not long" changes alot, it lets progressing the main story dictate how long V has instead of out right being told how long, it allows you to mess about without the thought of mere weeks to the simple thought of no idea how long but im going out best i can.

If you cant see the difference or easily ignore it then thats fine, good on you, personally as i've said before having more content released in the form of free update/dlc or expansions set in this windowed timeframe, AS IS, makes zero sense if it doesn't address these issues

Edit: You also saying 10 weeks can equal mere weeks is tbh silly, 10 weeks has went from mere weeks to mere months then, hence how things are said in the narrative matter, if they wanted to give V months then the narrative should've said months not weeks, im pretty sure "mere weeks" means less than a month to the vast majority

Last edited:
Maybe is a language distinction but in french "quelques semaines" (translated : few weeks) can mean 2, 3, 4 or even 10 weeks (it's quite/very vague).
Like I can say : "I posted few screenshots on Judy's thread". I posted more than 10... :D
It's the same in English version and there's nothing unusual in it as expression. Depending of context, less than a month, more than a month, even couple of months or so.

On topic. Been thinking potential that is now unleashed with making romances "more compelling" or so, there's more they could do and it could go like this:

- Hey Panam, mind getting me few beers for tonight?
- Hi! Beer look, I'm a bit short of eddies and I need to buy some makeup
- Look, it's fine, could you just get those beers?
- Don't you want me to look beautiful?
- Nah, that's what beer is for.

Now logically, there might be some consequences for that, like no more messages and suddenly the Star Becoming unavailable, but not be hasty about that. Thinking what kind of needs stuff is catering for, that sort of choice and consequence might probably result to lots of bug reports.

Because your companion turning into mindless doll is how romance works.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like the things patch 1.5 added but it would feel more immersive if the sense of urgency was dialed down to account for the fact that V can buy property and have more compelling relationships. An easy fix would be to remove Viktor's "two weeks to live" line and keep V's remaining time ambiguous. Just the fact that she is slowly changing into Johnny is enough.
Its almost like they are working on 2 different games. the story tells you that you don't have much time left. and yet they keep giving you all these things to get, like clothes, cars and apartments.

Makes you wonder what the actual end game plan is on this game since it has 2 different messages

in Din's apartment, on the computer you have a message from someone who says that his friend has disappeared and that if he comes back tell him that he is waiting for him at the dam, does anyone know where that place is or if it is possible to locate one of these two people??
sorry for my bad english xD

The new apartments in Cyberpunk 2077 actually inspired a moment of RPGing for me. My V bought the place, walked in, and then stared out the window for just a moment going, "We finally made it, Jackie."

The thing is, that behind this stunning view is a bunch of boxes of the previous owner--presumably bankrupt or killed. Also, V is still dying. It's a rather fantastic bit of emergent storytelling and the one time V's condition really made me feel.

V is able to live their dream of being the Legend of Night City before he dies but what is the point when Jackie is dead and you're dying? It actually says something which I don't think the Sun Mansion in the ending does as that's the epilogue.

Zzzzz.jpg

Top Bottom