-SPOILERS AHEAD- Confused At The End....

+
When you make a choice to go to the bridge or lay in the tub as Johnny. This was one of the only scenes where you actually interact directly with your created character which was cool, but when you choose to go to the bridge, that is good for V, but V seems to stop you violently, angry, and the words V was saying didn't make sense or reflect what Johnny was doing which ultimately gave V's body back.
Anyone else initially confused with that part?

It confused me so much that I went the other way lol so I saw Johnny's ending first before I reloaded my save.

BTW, I used fem V and that line she says and you can actually see your own character saying it, "Don't ever forget me Johnny." got me good. =[

Last edited:
When you make a choice to go to the bridge or lay in the tub as Johnny. This was one of the only scenes where you actually interact directly with your created character which was cool, but when you choose to go to the bridge, that is good for V, but V seems to stop you and the words V was saying didn't make sense or reflect what Johnny was doing which ultimately gave V's body back.

It confused me so much that I went the other way lol so I saw Johnny's ending first before I reloaded my save. I used fem V and that line she says and you can actually see your own character saying it, "Don't ever forget me Johnny." got me good. Anyone else initially confused with that part?
The exact same thing happened to me. I had to reload. V getting angry and trying to stop me made me think I should go the other way so I did. Didn't make sense to me.

I think this could have been handled better based on whether V was close with Johnny in that specific playthrough. If they were close this makes sense I guess. If they weren't, not so much.

Last edited:
V gets angry because the body is diying when V returns to the body
and V kinda dosnt whant Silverhand to "die" if he goes with Art...
I strongly belive, because Silverhand is a selfish prick he actualy realy would go with Art.

Silverhand in Vs body did feal kinda wrong, because he did change, maybe V and Silverhand realy did influence/fuse each other on that ending

When you make a choice to go to the bridge or lay in the tub as Johnny. This was one of the only scenes where you actually interact directly with your created character which was cool, but when you choose to go to the bridge, that is good for V, but V seems to stop you violently, angry, and the words V was saying didn't make sense or reflect what Johnny was doing which ultimately gave V's body back.

It confused me so much that I went the other way lol so I saw Johnny's ending first before I reloaded my save.

BTW, I used fem V and that line she says and you can actually see your own character saying it, "Don't ever forget me Johnny." got me good. =[

YES! Why is hardly anyone talking about this? It makes no sense at all. But you know, there is an alternate version of that scene where V doesn't beat up Johnny and they're grateful. I've seen it on YouTube, but I have zero idea what the required conditions are and I can't find anyone who's figured it out :/

One of the most narrative breaking moments in the story for sure... If anyone figures it out, PLEASE let us know.

I only had a V get angry when he thought Johnny was going to take the body. "I said it's mine, and I haven't changed my mind!" (Paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact line.) Then there was a sad little goodbye as Johnny crossed the bridge, but he didn't try to stop Johnny then.

I'm going to test this out when I finish my current playthrough, but I think it has something to do with the "Would you die for me?" conversation back at the Pistis Sophia. Whether or not V goes "Yeah, but it's my body anyway" or "I'd give the body for you too." Maybe? That's the only explanation I could think of as to why my V had that moment of irrational anger in Mikoshi. Because he got along with Johnny, but said "It's my body" at the hotel.

I only had a V get angry when he thought Johnny was going to take the body. "I said it's mine, and I haven't changed my mind!" (Paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact line.) Then there was a sad little goodbye as Johnny crossed the bridge, but he didn't try to stop Johnny then.

I'm going to test this out when I finish my current playthrough, but I think it has something to do with the "Would you die for me?" conversation back at the Pistis Sophia. Whether or not V goes "Yeah, but it's my body anyway" or "I'd give the body for you too." Maybe? That's the only explanation I could think of as to why my V had that moment of irrational anger in Mikoshi. Because he got along with Johnny, but said "It's my body" at the hotel.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the answer you give Johnny in the Pistis Sophia about the body question.

Posted this in another thread, but I basically tested out to see what happens when you a) tell Johnny it's your body at the Pistis Sophia, and b) when you have 70% affinity.

And indeed, V is not violent on the bridge. Instead she just tells him that nothing has changed her mind since Pistis Sophia and she still wants her body. HOWEVER!

There's another non-violent version seen here, where V doesn't say any of that and just says "johnny.. I won't forget you". I have no idea what the conditions are... I suspect you still need 70% but you have to tell Johnny you'd do the same for him back at the hotel:

I finished my playthrough last night as a male V Nomad. For all my bitching and moaning about the state of this game on my Xbox One X it ended playing fairly well since patch 1.11. The entire Panam arc was fabulous and my ending involved asking Panam's clan to help. There was no violence between Johnny, V or Art, I just decided after all the conversations to live out my final months, as it turns out, with Panam. Perfect ending for me. But after hearing all of you with your endings I have to do a new run as a female Corpo or Street Kid. Which path should I do first?????

Oh, and I don't have any recollection of the Pistis hotel, how could I have missed it, or does it have to do with me going the Nomad path?

I finished my playthrough last night as a male V Nomad. For all my bitching and moaning about the state of this game on my Xbox One X it ended playing fairly well since patch 1.11. The entire Panam arc was fabulous and my ending involved asking Panam's clan to help. There was no violence between Johnny, V or Art, I just decided after all the conversations to live out my final months, as it turns out, with Panam. Perfect ending for me. But after hearing all of you with your endings I have to do a new run as a female Corpo or Street Kid. Which path should I do first?????

Oh, and I don't have any recollection of the Pistis hotel, how could I have missed it, or does it have to do with me going the Nomad path?

Just to be clear the confusion is specifically tied to the Rogue ending where you play as Johnny. The other endings don't have this problem. You can try it now with your existing playthrough.

I dont think there is any confusion. For me it was crystal clear, fun and rewarding. Its a metaphysical game mechanic that CDPR didnt fully explain yet, it will grow on you - just give it some time.

When you pass through the wall and then then jump with your vehicel below the city, you enter "Nirvana City" - which some poor souls labled as "glitches" or other perverse terms. In fact, the ending (s) overdelivered. They left me in pure shock. You wont get that with those cheap Rockstar Games stuff.

Okay, so I've tested this out and I'm pretty confident I know why V beats up Johnny on the mikoshi bridge; it's tied to affinity.

If affinity is < 70% then V will beat up Johnny.
If affinity = 70% then V DOESN'T beat up Johnny.

That being said the dialogue at the Pistis Sophia does have a separate affect on the scene as well - but only insofar as how it affects the dialogue.

There you go, that's it, in case anyone still gives a crud :p Personally my favourite variation of this scene is if you're at 70% and you tell Johnny "I'd do the same for you" at the PS.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've tested this out and I'm pretty confident I know why V beats up Johnny on the mikoshi bridge; it's tied to affinity.

If affinity is < 70% then V will beat up Johnny.
If affinity = 70% then V DOESN'T beat up Johnny.

That being said the dialogue at the Pistis Sophia does have a separate affect on the scene as well - but only insofar as how it affects the dialogue.

There you go, that's it, in case anyone still gives a crud :p Personally my favourite variation of this scene is if you're at 70% and you tell Johnny "I'd do the same for you" at the PS.
Yep, that's the way I did it the first playthrough and it was a "nice" ending. I'm shooting for a different ending on my 2nd run. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the clarification.

Breaking news: Rushed endings in the rushed game make no sense.
In other news American scientists proved that water is wet.
Sport after break.

Jokes aside little in those endings makes sense.
Hellman/Takamura at the end of Arasaka contradicts himself in the same conversation, only 1-2 sentences apart (“Hanako forgets about you, I’m here on my one” only to says later “Hanako wanted to preserve you so she secured you place in Save Your Soul program”).
Ofc later if you choose go back on earth she will contact you to talk about work.

Top Bottom