[Spoilers] An earnest plea [Continue The Witcher Series]

+
JackalJ;n7855200 said:
I would agree with most, that they should someday continue with the Witcher series. Simply for the fact that they have made this world come alive, in a sense. Walking through the game shows us how much details they put into making this a immersive game. They are really good at it with this kind of setting.

I only hope they can recreate that quality and immersion in Cyberpunk. I certainly hope so.
But CDPR has spent around 10(?) on the Witcher series. I think it's fair to let them choose a new setting.
Agreed, but I can't imagine that they'd want to make a game that we wouldn't like. Form what I understand, they are "fans" of the novels as well as I am, among many of us.

If you mean "let them choose a new setting" as in making Cyberpunk instead of another Witcher game immediately, then again I agree.

Something came to mind during my journey in Crookbag Bog yesterday while listening to the Crones ranting about Ciri...

Ithlinne's prophecy from Blood of Elves:
"Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

Ess'tuath esse! Thus it shall be! Watch for the signs! What signs these shall be, I say unto you: first the earth will flow with the blood of Aen Seidhe, the Blood of Elves..."

Ithlinne's prophecy from the games:
"The Wolf's Blizzard approaches, the time of the sword and axe. The Time of the White Frost and White Light, the Time of Madness and Disdain, Tedd Deireadh, the Final Age. The world will perish amidst ice and be reborn with the new sun. Reborn of the Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of a planted seed. A seed that will not sprout but burst into flames!"

I also remember there being mention of a boy who destroys the world, a boy born of the Elder Blood. We still don't know exactly what Ciri did when she entered the tower at the end of Wild Hunt, it's only assumed that she "defeated" the White Frost. There's something missing in all of this, I just can't clearly see what it is right now. Honestly, I think there is something more to be told on the matter of the White Frost and Ithlinne's prophecy. After plenty of thought and consideration, I can't imagine that any sort of sequel wouldn't involve Ciri.

If there is a long delay until the next game, it might better be some kind of reboot than a direct sequel, similarly for example to what is being done with the soon to be released new Mass Effect game. There is an older interview where the developers stated that they wanted a trilogy, and another one here that talks about beginning a new saga that would not be called "Witcher 4". In any case, they seem to be confident about not continuing with Geralt. It remains to be seen what the yet to be named "AAA RPG" that is planned after Cyberpunk until 2021 will be, however.

Last edited:
sv3672;n7911720 said:
If there is a long delay until the next game, it might better be some kind of reboot than a direct sequel, similarly for example to what is being done with the soon to be released new Mass Effect game. There is an older interview where the developers stated that they wanted a trilogy, and another one here that talks about beginning a new saga that would not be called "Witcher 4". In any case, they seem to be confident about not continuing with Geralt. It remains to be seen what the yet to be named "AAA RPG" that is planned after Cyberpunk until 2021 will be, however.
CDPR will take their time to create a well-polished, complete game like they usually do. I'm definitely okay with this, given that they continue to create the high-quality games they have been and return to the Witcher series in time.

I believe they now have enough people to be working on two games at once now, so, in my opinion, I think they are already working on that other unnamed title right now. If this is the case, I think we could expect that title in 2019 or 2020, with another Witcher game following closely in 2021. Of course, this is just speculation and could be wishful thinking.

Personally rather than future sequels, i would be interested in seing a triology collection being released at some point further down the line with all 3 games remastered/re-made using the same engine with the same gameplay mechanics, etc, as well as interconecting all 3 games story better and ironing out the many plot-holes and story inconcistencies. With a better and more satisfiying conclusing to the series too = more clousure.

Other than that i think stand alone games, based in the same universe but without following the all-too-well-known characters would be better than artificially extending the life-span of the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Yeiiow;n7926240 said:
Personally rather than future sequels, i would be interested in seing a triology collection being released at some point further down the line with all 3 games remastered/re-made using the same engine with the same gameplay mechanics, etc, as well as interconecting all 3 games story better and ironing out the many plot-holes and story inconcistencies. With a better and more satisfiying conclusing to the series too = more clousure.

Other than that i think stand alone games, based in the same universe but without following the all-too-well-known characters would be better than artificially extending the life-span of the usual suspects.
I, too, would like to see a remaster of all 3 games, or even just the first two. As long as they are all on the same engine with the same graphics, gameplay mechanics, and voices. That'd be superb, really.

Their "life-span" isn't an issue, as witchers live far longer than average humans, and sorcerers even longer yet. If you mean their appearances in the games as primary characters, then I'm not worried about it. Regardless of what ending you received in Wild Hunt, humans will always be humans and they will always wage war. There are plenty of realistic possibilities that could force Geralt, Yen/Triss, Ciri, Dandelion, or any other character back out into the fray.

I think Yeiiow referred more to the "lifespan" of the story than the characters themselves, that is, extending the saga more than it needs to be. Writing a story with the main purpose of forcing popular characters back into the games is an example of that.

sv3672;n7948450 said:
I think Yeiiow referred more to the "lifespan" of the story than the characters themselves, that is, extending the saga more than it needs to be. Writing a story with the main purpose of forcing popular characters back into the games is an example of that.

^ This.

belbrock;n7612730 said:
but I think a Ciri prequel game

No no no, a thousand times NO!!! Please do NOT make a Witcher game with Ciri as the protagonist! She may be a good supporting character, but she is not a good choice for a main protagonist. The only logical way forward with the Witcher franchise is to have a completely NEW protagonist (with a choice between male and female perhaps, but the Witcher world is really a man's world so the witcher should be male) set somewhere shortly after the conjunction of the spheres. A prequel to everything we know about the Witcehr series so far and pre-dating Geralt.

WalteriusMaximus;n8074490 said:
but the Witcher world is really a man's world so the witcher should be male

Not..sure..if you mean the witchers are all male or if the setting is a man's world? If the latter, misogyny, infract and crush I will. If the former, previously true, but Ciri is a Witcher in -my- game and she's female, so, now we have female Witchers. Voila.

Sardukhar;n8081290 said:
Not..sure..if you mean the witchers are all male or if the setting is a man's world? If the latter, misogyny, infract and crush I will. If the former, previously true, but Ciri is a Witcher in -my- game and she's female, so, now we have female Witchers. Voila.

I meant that all Witchers are men. :p

Ciri to me seems like the exception to the rule. Not the norm. Voila!

WalteriusMaximus;n8074490 said:
No no no, a thousand times NO!!! Please do NOT make a Witcher game with Ciri as the protagonist! She may be a good supporting character, but she is not a good choice for a main protagonist. The only logical way forward with the Witcher franchise is to have a completely NEW protagonist (with a choice between male and female perhaps, but the Witcher world is really a man's world so the witcher should be male) set somewhere shortly after the conjunction of the spheres. A prequel to everything we know about the Witcehr series so far and pre-dating Geralt.

There were these prequel things... called books...

Don't think we will ever see a Ciri prequel game. Or even a sequel game (I mean, Lady of Time and Space is WAY overpowered at the end of TW3 really.)

Would love to see a "Post-conjunction, early Witcher" experience when the world was more wild. That could be very interesting.

Corewolf;n8085530 said:
There were these prequel things... called books...

Don't think we will ever see a Ciri prequel game. Or even a sequel game (I mean, Lady of Time and Space is WAY overpowered at the end of TW3 really.)

Would love to see a "Post-conjunction, early Witcher" experience when the world was more wild. That could be very interesting.
I agree with your final statement - a very early post-conjunction world would be fun to experience. There are plenty of plots and foundations that CDPR could use to structure a new game and story upon.

However, I do believe that a sequel set in post-Wild Hunt events would not be a terrible idea whether or not Ciri is our main protagonist. We simply do not know what other powers there are in the Witcher universe. It's a dark and menacing world after all, and humans only arrived on the Continent after the Conjunction of the Spheres... so what drove the humans there? What caused the Conjunction? Why did other species flee to the Continent?

Hart95;n8088680 said:
I agree with your final statement - a very early post-conjunction world would be fun to experience. There are plenty of plots and foundations that CDPR could use to structure a new game and story upon.

However, I do believe that a sequel set in post-Wild Hunt events would not be a terrible idea whether or not Ciri is our main protagonist. We simply do not know what other powers there are in the Witcher universe. It's a dark and menacing world after all, and humans only arrived on the Continent after the Conjunction of the Spheres... so what drove the humans there? What caused the Conjunction? Why did other species flee to the Continent?

The other question would be what caused said Conjunction and what is to stop it from happening again.

I mean the White Frost is gone, but there could be another Conjunction maybe?

Whoa, what's with all the white? Nearly went blind here...that soothing, comforting blue of Cyberpunk.

Mixed impressions this one. One hand, there should be an end to every series, and few...very, very few have ended it as well as Witcher. Seems an rpg curse.
Agree with Corewolf...if they continue, should be something new, standing on it's own. New conjuction, world in Chaos, invasion from Zerrikania, resurgence of Witchers etc.
Old (main) characters for most part leave out, with possibility of import states for stronger sense of continuity/nostalgia.

Corewolf;n8088690 said:
The other question would be what caused said Conjunction and what is to stop it from happening again.

I mean the White Frost is gone, but there could be another Conjunction maybe?
We don't even know what Ciri did when she entered that tower to defeat the White Frost. Did she destroy it, or did she simply delay it? Maybe she isn't quite as strong as we think she is.

I'd love younger Geralt games. Let's be honest, everyone loves Geralt more than any other character. Geralt's popularity is booming because of TW3 and never seeing him again in another game would stink. Is it ever really established how old Witchers finish their training? There are so many years of Geralt's life that can be explored with future games. Stuff prior to him meeting all of the main cast of characters that we already know form the books/games.

I dont want to play as Geralt anymore, i want to play as someone else. Another Witcher, a sorceress or even as Ciri. Maybe as a boy who gets turned into a witcher. CDPR already said the story of Geralt is over but the witcher universe is so big they wont abandon it. First i want Cyberpunk 2077 to get finished. I hope we get into a closed beta on that.

I've thought about this a lot. I think I want them to go the route of how Bioware (the old bioware) does it, with a male/fem shep sort of deal. Just make it the same world, but a different time and place and make us be a whole new witcher, male or female, each with their own voice actor and let us create how they look, but definitely make a default looking character as well for male/female. I would have no issue with this. And don't make a whole big deal of the girls can't be witchers. Why? Because magic.

I do want to see more of Ciri. I don't care what anyone says, no question about it, the books start becoming entirely about Ciri. Geralt just becomes Naruto from the anime and wants to bring back his Sasuke (Ciri). I have no issue with this either, really. Its like this in w3 as well. So if the next witcher game is about Ciri's life, then yea, I'd be cool with it as well. Ciri is a pretty damn strong and likeable character. Doesn't matter what happened to her in witcher 3. Why? Because magic.

ImLittleSpoons;n7659190 said:
Don't fight it Haralder!!

Ciri is too op. If you want to play as Ciri, then just play Shadow of Mordor because it's literally the same kind of combat you would get with Ciri.

Top Bottom