[SPOILERS] Anyone else tried to come up with a 'Chronological' order of missions?

+
Done this for Red Dead 2 and it was great fun. Basically figuring out what orders missions fit best in story/roleplaying and dialogue wise. Even though you could technically play the missions in whatever order you wanted, the same way you can in Cyberpunk, there are a lot of clues in that game and its dialogue which indicate an original script order of missions i.e. previous missions mentioned in other missions.

I tried to do the same for Act 2 in Cyberpunk but it is really difficult. When we start Act 2 we are first told to go and meet Takemura so that is likely the first order of business but for the rest of that day we are bombarded with other things. So far I've came up with this ( '<>' indicate side missions and '()' indicate regular non mission related actions ):-

DAY 1
  1. < Happy Together > - Talk to The Cops, Talk to Barry and V will say he'll come back later
  2. ( Get a text from Mama Welles and tell her you'll call her back later )
  3. Playing For Time - Meet Takemura
  4. ( Talk to Misty and Vik Vektor )
  5. < Happy Together > - Talk to Barry
  6. < Human Nature > - Try to fetch your vehicle from the parking garage
  7. < Galena G240 > - Buy the car so that V has a temporary car for now
  8. Automatic Love - Call Judy, Talk to Judy
  9. ( Get a phonecall from Mr Hands )
  10. < Happy Together > - Find Andrew's niche
  11. ( Get a phonecall from Wilson about Shoot To Thrill )
  12. < Shoot To Thrill >
  13. < Happy Together > - Talk to the cops
  14. ( Get a phonecall from Takemura about Down On The Street )
  15. Down On The Street - Meet with Takemoura, Oda and Wakanda and agree to meet Takemura after a day has passed
  16. ( Sleep in V's apartment until morning )
DAY 2
  1. < Heroes > - Call Mama Welles to find out about Jackie's Ofrenda
  2. < Heroes > - Jackie's Ofrenda
  3. Automatic Love - Visit Clouds and get info on Evelyn's whereabouts
...to be continued.

I tried doing Jackie's Ofrenda on day 1 but it was really silly because Takemura ended up calling me in the middle of the Ofrenda. I also tried doing Automatic Love and it's follow up mission Disasterpiece on the same day but after visiting Fingers during that mission, again Takemura stupidly calls V right in the middle of a conversation with Judy so I decided to make sure I got Down On The Street out the way on the first day.

The other issue is the phonecall from Wilson which seems to occur at random times and when he calls he says that the shooting contest is going on "right now" rather than letting us do it any time so again I wanted to get that out the way on the first day.
The phone calls are really what make this awkward.

I may never tbh, various dialogue could/couldn't occur depending on if a quest is complete before or after another, case in point if you complete the panam questline first then do the vdb one, wheh talking to alt johnny has a line of dialogue he wont say if mission order reversed.

Small detail but the game is littered with them that makes me approach mission order aswell as dialogue differently all the time.

I might end up with a specific order or one way i just prefer but right now its to early and probably wont occur until after the last piece of content for SP has been released

I may never tbh, various dialogue could/couldn't occur depending on if a quest is complete before or after another, case in point if you complete the panam questline first then do the vdb one, wheh talking to alt johnny has a line of dialogue he wont say if mission order reversed.

Small detail but the game is littered with them that makes me approach mission order aswell as dialogue differently all the time.

I might end up with a specific order or one way i just prefer but right now its to early and probably wont occur until after the last piece of content for SP has been released
Ye I know what you mean. They covered those angles well. In this game it is more about when to do certain stuff for me. Such as the example of Shoot To Thrill which we always get the phone call about on Day 1 and are told to come straight away so it makes sense to do on Day 1 rather than another day.

It also becomes nonsensical in other cases, for example, like I mentioned above, I tried doing Automatic Love and Disasterpiece on Day 1 and this works well and during your next trip to Jig Jig Street after Automatic Love Johnny appears and says how much he prefers it to the Clouds doll house as if it is his first time there. The problem with that order is Takemura always ends up calling me in the middle of Disasterpiece. And If I try the alternative of doing Down On The Street before Automatic Love and Disasterpiece then it seems weird because Johnny then still acts as though it is his first time on Jig Jig street during Disasterpiece.

Sorry if that sounded like a strange explanation but I'm sure you know what I mean ha.

Yeah phone calls can definitely take you out the moment so to speak, they should be mute or something during a mission/dialogue.

I've personally never felt much of a rush to do anything tbh, i feel the day/nigyt cycle is long enough that im not "delaying" anything to long, i think the one exception i can think of the now is one where Judy calls to come over in regards to evelyn, but i have read of other ppl feeling the game constantly rushing them to much

I did them in this order, with side quests during the waiting times:
- Takemura's diner talk
- Clouds/Evelyn mission
- Oda talk
- Panam/Hellman mission
- Takemura recon/virus mission
- Voodoo boys mission/Alt encounter
- Parade

Worked pretty well and I never had the phone call problem, but I skipped a lot of gigs.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Yeah phone calls can definitely take you out the moment so to speak, they should be mute or something during a mission/dialogue.

I've personally never felt much of a rush to do anything tbh, i feel the day/nigyt cycle is long enough that im not "delaying" anything to long, i think the one exception i can think of the now is one where Judy calls to come over in regards to evelyn, but i have read of other ppl feeling the game constantly rushing them to much

Yeah - the only two times I was like " I NEED TO DROP EVERYTHING AND GO NOW!" is when Judy called, and when River called.

But I get the vibe of that guillotine hanging over your head, and I get that people wouldn't enjoy playing as much with it.

Ye true the phone calls in the middle of main missions feels really strange to me and I hope it is something they may fix. I agree, the day/night cycle is great and is long enough to pack a lot of things into each day.

I just kind of wish for my own headcanoning purposes that people said "ring me when you are ready" rather than randomly calling us and/or telling us to come to places now if that makes sense.
Post automatically merged:

I did them in this order, with side quests during the waiting times:
- Takemura's diner talk
- Clouds/Evelyn mission
- Oda talk
- Panam/Hellman mission
- Takemura recon/virus mission
- Voodoo boys mission/Alt encounter
- Parade

Worked pretty well and I never had the phone call problem, but I skipped a lot of gigs.
Thanks naddaya. I think your post has just made me realise something. It seems that phonecalls DO get delayed DURING MAIN MISSIONS ONLY until they are finished but what I didn't realise is that after you speak to Fingers the mission 'The Space In Between' ends and then the mission 'Disasterpiece' becomes available, which is why Takemura calls you at this point, because you are technically BETWEEN missions even though the first objective of Disasterpiece which is to speak to Judy is just a few feet away providing you called her to meet you there.

Out of curiosity did you call Judy to meet you when dealing with Fingers or visit fingers alone and did you travel with Takemura in his van after the Oda talk or travel separately from him?

Also I tried doing the Panam mission as the first thing myself but it feels to me like it is meant to be done after we have levelled a little bit. The enemies in the cave section were absorbing 10 headshots for me and Panam didn't give me any option to stealth it like I usually do ha.

Last edited:
Ye true the phone calls in the middle of main missions feels really strange to me and I hope it is something they may fix. I agree, the day/night cycle is great and is long enough to pack a lot of things into each day.

I just kind of wish for my own headcanoning purposes that people said "ring me when you are ready" rather than randomly calling us and/or telling us to come to places now if that makes sense.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks naddaya. I think your post has just made me realise something. It seems that phonecalls DO get delayed DURING MAIN MISSIONS ONLY until they are finished but what I didn't realise is that after you speak to Fingers the mission 'The Space In Between' ends and then the mission 'Disasterpiece' becomes available, which is why Takemura calls you at this point, because you are technically BETWEEN missions even though the first objective of Disasterpiece which is to speak to Judy is just a few feet away providing you called her to meet you there.

Out of curiosity did you call Judy to meet you when dealing with Fingers or visit fingers alone and did you travel with Takemura in his van after the Oda talk or travel separately from him?

Also I tried doing the Panam mission as the first thing myself but it feels to me like it is meant to be done after we have levelled a little bit. The enemies in the cave section were absorbing 10 headshots for me and Panam didn't give me any option to stealth it like I usually do ha.
I called Judy before going to Fingers and always did the car rides with the other characters when available. I also walked a lot from place to place so it took longer, it's possible that I got the calls while traveling.

It depends on what ending you're going for and who you're trying to romance.

On my 2nd playthrough I saved Panam's questline for last because it weaves better into the ending I'm going for (Nomad).

Top Bottom