(SPOILERS) Are we just not going to address the Diner scene at the start of Act 2?

+
when V and Jackie was hiding behind TV screen, i thought Takemura saw both of them with his scan vision (red eye glow), and didnt say anything because he had other plans. He was like "ok let's see how this will play out"

Takemura was asked to leave before he could finish checking to make sure the room is safe. He even says, "I haven't completed my security sweep." But he's ushered off before he sees Jackie and V.

Sorry to repeat myself but: Adam Smasher was right there as well but he keeps his Arasaka goon status without a hitch?
No obvious evidence to implicate anyone else than Yorinobu? What about the TWO GUYS WHO BROKE INTO HIS ROOM UNAUTHORIZED? Jizz. You guys would do anything to defend and explain poor writing.

Ok,
1. RE: Adam Smasher.
This has two points.
A) Adam Smasher is, was and always has been a douche canoe of a Solo since the CP2020 days. His scruples have always been based on what makes him the most money.

He's the antitheses to Silverhand. Johnny is the the rebel with a cause l, raging against the machine. Adam is opposite, working within the machine and doing what's going to make him the most money with the least bullshit.

B. What part of the fact that ADAM SMASHER IS WORKING FOR YORINOBU! Doesn't click? You just asked why he didn't get thrown under the bus with Takemura... with out acknowledging the key point that Adam is essentially Yorinobu's wet worker. Did you miss the part where Adam walks into the elevator as Evie walked out of it? Adam pretty much had diplomatic immunity as to whether or not he was at fault in that situation.

2. RE: V and Jackie
As stated above, the two of them were not in the room as far as Tak could see at the time. (granted he would have found their asses were it not for Arasaka-sama telling him to gtfo before he could) The fact that they were then spotted trying to escape after they had all left, means they were hidden and also mean they are either the killers OR witnesses.

As such, it makes sense, as the VR archetype; to seek out the key to knowing the truth behind the event. Thus V is evidence if he's the killer, then Tak beheads his ass and present it to Yorinobu. Or presents V to Hanako/ the rest of Arasaka and get Yorinobu's ass kicked.

After dex's backstabing ass shows Tak where V is. He speaks with Yorinobu and tell him he's found V as duty demands, given at the time he's still with Arasaka. Yori probably told him to remove Dex as a witness. And bring V to him. It makes sense from Yori's dumb ass perview to then have the key to his demise and his father's lap dog put down.

Don't blame the writers for bad writing. It's a pretty obvious "enemy of my enemy" plot hook. And leaving holes in a plot from time to time isn't a bad thing given holes left can be filled later on. At least they didn't go the "protagonist is found by wise old man and taught a new way of dealing with his demons." Character arch.

But you have your opinion, and from what i see, you won't change it.

Last edited:
If Takemura didn't have suspicion from the start, I assume the Arasaka plan would have been to see the truth of the situation by using Soulkiller on V, and probing his memory. Yorinobu CANNOT have this happen, so he HAS to kill V, and by extension, Takemura.

To be fair, it certainly helps to know the lore of the PnP game.
Coincidentally, numerous shards you find actually explain a bunch of it. It helps to read them. Also, give the CP 2020 sourcebook that is included with the game as bonus content some perusal. It also explains a lot of the backstory here.
From the moment CDPR gave away that Johnny was on a chip stuck in the protagonist's head, I simply KNEW that the story would have something to do with Alt Cunningham, the inventor of SoulKiller. Johnny's love. She died in 2013. Arasaka had kidnapped her from ITS Corporation after she had invented SoulKiller to force her to remake it for them. Then Arasaka stuffed her INTO SoulKiller. Johnny went in to save her, but her body was dead. He didn't know she had been "sucked into the machine" so to speak.
So in 2023, Johnny nukes Arasaka cuz he's pissed at them regarding what they did to Alt. And uses a bunch of anti-corporate rhetoric to justify it to himself (and others?) Unbeknownst to Johnny, Saburo Arasaka had ALSO planted his own nuke in the bowels of the Arasaka building. I forget exactly why off the top of my head, but IIRC it had something to do with all the engrams they had captured using SoulKiller. So Johnny's nuke set off Saburo's nuke, making it all much worse. (Johnny's nuke was 2 kilotons. He just wanted to take out Arasaka. IDR how big Saburo's nuke was)
And this is all simply assumptions and such on my part from prior knowledge. I haven't yet gotten to any parts of the game actually involving Alt. She's only been mentioned once so far in my 60-ish hours of play time. ... Well .... She's also all over advertisements. The blond girl with the gold cyberarm who is kneeling and wearing a fairly skimpy onesie while looking seductively at the camera? Yeah. That's Alt Cunningham. Straight from the Cyberpunk 2020 main sourcebook. There's also a memorial to her in the Columbarium. (there's a few other cool easter eggs there too, as well as memorials to some real-world people)
One of the coolest things about this game is how much lore is actually in there. It's solid. In fact, the newest version of the PnP game, Cyberpunk RED, was created in conjunction with CP 2077 such that Cyberpunk RED is "prequel" to CP 2077. It sits between Cyberpunk 203x and Cyberpunk 2077.

Others have also pointed out how the game's beginning actually DOES make sense as well.
Takemura failed in his duty and feels he must A) Make amends and B) Seek vengeance.
He knows V is the last living witness, and the only person who can help restore even a fraction of his honor, so he keeps him alive.
Dex was a loose thread and had to die. You say, "We should have been given the choice of what to do with Dex." .. um .. Dex shot V in the head and tossed him in the dump and left him for dead. How is V going to have ANY say in what happens to Dex after that, especially after Takemura tracks him down.
Yorinobu wants Takemura out of the picture. Takemura was his dad's man, and Yorinobu has Adam Smasher. Takemura is a threat to him.
There is only one of THIS particular iteration of the relic. It's a "development" version. If you pay attention to the shards you find as well as the advertisements and news broadcasts in the world, you'll see that Arasaka is actually marketing Relic tech to super rich people, to sorta keep their loved ones around. They can either chip it in or perhaps put it on a holo-projector or something and interact with them after they've died. THIS version of the Relic is intended to completely "overwrite" whomever the chip is put into. This would essentially allow physical immortality, ala sleeves and stacks in Altered Carbon. As such, this version is SUPER DUPER important. As to why Johnny is on it? I'm not sure ... yet. I'm guessing the game will explain that eventually.

Here's some important lore on Alt, and thru it you can jump around to learn more of the lore. The story certainly makes more sense with it. And read the shards you find!! Seriously. They're not just "filler" material.

Last edited:
This is not difficult. V has the chip in their head so he needs them alive to be a witness and retrieve the stolen goods. Upon meeting V he becomes fond of them for whatever reason you want to interpret. V also wants the chip out of their head and to be vindicated more than anything so there is no reason for him to kill you.

Top Bottom