[Spoilers!] Battle of Kaer Morhen Questions

+
[Spoilers!] Battle of Kaer Morhen Questions

Just finished the game today. I got a good ending, thankfully. Although there were some parts that left me thinking during the Kaer Morhen battle. If anyone knows answers to these questions, please reply! :)

-Can only certain characters be recruited for the battle? Out of the four people in Skellige to recruit, I only got the son and Ermion. The daughter/Queen and the father declined. Also, Dijkistra refused to come with me because I didn't help him find out who robbed him. My question is this; would I have been able to have these characters help me out during the battle? Did I miss certain quests or make incorrect decisions to make that happen?

Also, was there a way for me to help Dijkistra out even further and tell him who raided his vault? I actually loved Dijkstra's character and wanted to help him out, although it didn't give me a choice? ...Or did it?

-Second question. If I killed Keira earlier in the game, would she not be there to save Lambert when Lambert is being cornered by the Wild Hunt? If she wasn't there, would they just tear him to shreds, opposed to her lifting all of them into the air and snapping their bones?

-Next, can Vesemir LIVE? I was heart-broken to see him have his neck snapped by Imlerith. Sure, it did allow Ciri to explode with rage, scaring all the Wild Hunt away, and sure it let Geralt have his epic moment with "Who taught you to fight like this?" "The Witcher you slew" *Crams Igni down Imlerith's throat*.
...But is there any other options to allow him to live? I don't think there are, seeing how he brought out the inner Ciri, but just curious.

-Lastly, what other characters can die during the final quests of the game?
-I got (lucky?) since the only people to die in my ending was Vesemir and Crach an Craite. (Rest in Peace :[ )
But was there a way to have Crach live? And what other characters could have died if I made the wrong decisions?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can answer these for me, as I'd like to get a different ending on my second playthrough, without ending up in a terrible ending.

Just finished the game today. I got a good ending, thankfully. Although there were some parts that left me thinking during the Kaer Morhen battle. If anyone knows answers to these questions, please reply! :)

-Can only certain characters be recruited for the battle? Out of the four people in Skellige to recruit, I only got the son and Ermion. The daughter/Queen and the father declined. Also, Dijkistra refused to come with me because I didn't help him find out who robbed him. My question is this; would I have been able to have these characters help me out during the battle? Did I miss certain quests or make incorrect decisions to make that happen?

Also, was there a way for me to help Dijkistra out even further and tell him who raided his vault? I actually loved Dijkstra's character and wanted to help him out, although it didn't give me a choice? ...Or did it?

-Second question. If I killed Keira earlier in the game, would she not be there to save Lambert when Lambert is being cornered by the Wild Hunt? If she wasn't there, would they just tear him to shreds, opposed to her lifting all of them into the air and snapping their bones?

-Next, can Vesemir LIVE? I was heart-broken to see him have his neck snapped by Imlerith. Sure, it did allow Ciri to explode with rage, scaring all the Wild Hunt away, and sure it let Geralt have his epic moment with "Who taught you to fight like this?" "The Witcher you slew" *Crams Igni down Imlerith's throat*.
...But is there any other options to allow him to live? I don't think there are, seeing how he brought out the inner Ciri, but just curious.

-Lastly, what other characters can die during the final quests of the game?
-I got (lucky?) since the only people to die in my ending was Vesemir and Crach an Craite. (Rest in Peace :[ )
But was there a way to have Crach live? And what other characters could have died if I made the wrong decisions?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can answer these for me, as I'd like to get a different ending on my second playthrough, without ending up in a terrible ending.

In Skellige: You will get Vigi The Loon (the one in cage in the Ice giant quest), Folan (skellige archer), Ermion and Hjalmar.

In Novigard: Zoltan, Ves, Triss and Roche

In Velen: Keira and Letho

Sadly Dijkistra will not help you due he doesn't believe w/ the Wild Hunt even you successfully help him w/ his vault problem but he will give you some crowns and some items. But if you successfully help him in his vault problem, you can request Dijkistra to help you save Dandelion by giving you some few henchman when you save Dandelion.

Sadly Vesemir cannot be save and Crach. There is cut content that Lambert could die if you have not recruited Keira.

Last edited:
Dijykstra was a douche bag. If you did all the secondary quests, he'll kill Roche, Ves, and Thaler if you don't intervene. His entire goal was becoming ruler.

Only way you can friend him is IF you ask about his stolen loot while Triss is being tortured. But doing that screws up why you were really there as the guy gets suspicious. Ideally you keep your cool and only ask the question you were there for, then you can silently kill the henchman leader, sneak out w/o being seen with Triss, burn the place down, then later Dudu will impersonate him. But if you go in asking wrong questions, he gets suspicious, calls in his guards, and you have to handle it differently. When you see Dijykstra, he doesn't believe you.

Vigi and Nolan were missing after the battle. Hjaalmar was alive and standing by himself. I went out of my way to kill the Wild Hunt near Nolan and Vigi buy they still weren't at the funeral. Another CD brain fart where they didn't bother letting you know either way what happened to them which pissed me off. Hjaalmar never mentions them, despite the fact he came there with them and they were close mates, and were grouped together leading up to the battle.

Cerys never joins you in the fight. She send Hjaalmar.

Dijykstra was a douche bag. If you did all the secondary quests, he'll kill Roche, Ves, and Thaler if you don't intervene. His entire goal was becoming ruler.

Only way you can friend him is IF you ask about his stolen loot while Triss is being tortured. But doing that screws up why you were really there as the guy gets suspicious. Ideally you keep your cool and only ask the question you were there for, then you can silently kill the henchman leader, sneak out w/o being seen with Triss, burn the place down, then later Dudu will impersonate him. But if you go in asking wrong questions, he gets suspicious, calls in his guards, and you have to handle it differently. When you see Dijykstra, he doesn't believe you.

Vigi and Nolan were missing after the battle. Hjaalmar was alive and standing by himself. I went out of my way to kill the Wild Hunt near Nolan and Vigi buy they still weren't at the funeral. Another CD brain fart where they didn't bother letting you know either way what happened to them which pissed me off. Hjaalmar never mentions them, despite the fact he came there with them and they were close mates, and were grouped together leading up to the battle.

Cerys never joins you in the fight. She send Hjaalmar.

Read your character description it got updated after the battle Vigi the Loon died during that battle. Folan and Hjalmar can be seen at the endgame when the Crach and Skellige helps you w/ the wild hunt. Yes agreed they never showed Folan at the funeral.

Helping Dijikstra at the vault, he will only help you when saving Dandelion. During that ambush to save Dandelion you would see some of Dijikstra's men and Zoltan's man at that ambush but still the same effect you would still need to purse a witch hunter carrying Dandelion.

To be quiet honest, battle Kaer Morhen doesn't make sense due to Zoltan. Zoltan also have some friends and gang that could also help Geralt to defend Kaer Morhen as seen by saving Dandelion. Also Hjalmar could also bring some Skellige warrior to help Geralt to Kaer Morhen but instead he only brings two Skellige warriors if Geralt rescue them. Also why the hell Emhyr doesn't give Geralt any troops to protect her daughter. Yes Geralt requested some help to Emhyr but denied due selfish reason of Emhyr and Geralt. Really not sending any battalion to defend her daughter. Emhyr could send Voorhis during that quest. Yes the emperor offered Voorhis but it got denied due Geralt wanted to defend Ciri to Kaer Morhen so that Vizima would not suffered from casualty.

I understand Cerys and Crach for not lending there troops due to Lugos and the Nilfgardians but seriously they could give Hjalmar some troops.

Last edited:
That's stupid they force kill Vigi. I cleared the Wild Hunt near them before the quest updated, so technically he was alive. Even dumber is the fact Hjalmar comments on loosing Vesimir (someone who he had never met before that day but nothing about Vigi?)

Yeah, when you go see Emhyr and Geralt flat out states it's not going to happen with Voohris leading the troops seemed very odd. He'd made all sorts of sacrifices prior but now all of a sudden he won't? and one of the people (can't remember which said it) stated it'd take weeks for their troops to arrive, but...Geralt was there and would need to make the same trip, so that's just stupid. And apparently Yenn can create a bubble to protect the entire city but only transport one person at a time via portal?? You'd think between having 3 strong mages and later several more they could transport in as many people as necessary.

That's stupid they force kill Vigi. I cleared the Wild Hunt near them before the quest updated, so technically he was alive. Even dumber is the fact Hjalmar comments on loosing Vesimir (someone who he had never met before that day but nothing about Vigi?)

Yeah, when you go see Emhyr and Geralt flat out states it's not going to happen with Voohris leading the troops seemed very odd. He'd made all sorts of sacrifices prior but now all of a sudden he won't? and one of the people (can't remember which said it) stated it'd take weeks for their troops to arrive, but...Geralt was there and would need to make the same trip, so that's just stupid. And apparently Yenn can create a bubble to protect the entire city but only transport one person at a time via portal?? You'd think between having 3 strong mages and later several more they could transport in as many people as necessary.

The Emhyr bit is to show that Geralt doesn't trust Emhyr.

No matter what.

At least not so that the forces aren't under his command.

It's also a hand-wave because an army of Black Ones would change the battle too radically.

A small army of Impera brigade would mean a certain victory against the Cosplayer Brigade.

They had to do this... else the game would end there.

Though I would have liked it if Emhyr sent several elite veterans or a mage or something...

Vigi couldn't have asked for a better death than to go down outnumbered against a foe like the Wild Hunt. Greatest shame for his kind is to die in bed.
Even if Emhyr can't bring Ciri back to him, it's pretty dumb of him to refusing to help unless Voorhis also goes. Though the Impera Brigade and Nilfgaardian elite would have been frozen alongside everyone else at the climax.

Emhyr should've sent Fringilla :D

Then Yen kisses Geralt in front of Fringilla and Triss and the scene becomes 10 times more awkward.

Guest 3847602

Emhyr should've sent Fringilla :D

Then Yen kisses Geralt in front of Fringilla and Triss and the scene becomes 10 times more awkward.

In that case, Fringilla and Triss kiss each other, problem solved :)

This is a great action and emotion packed quest overall, but there are a few issues during and leading up to it:
  • Depending on our previous choises, Letho, Keira, and Triss should be present at Kaer Morhen already the first time we get there(way before the battle).
    There should be a dialog line when asking Roche to join us at Kaer Morhen informing him that Letho was going to be there, so that no deadly surprise drama happens while you are not there. He can still express disconform and distrust of Letho but will try his best to let the issue slip in order to help Geralt.
    If Triss goes away without Geralt asking her to stay, there should be a dialog line ingame later on, explaining that Yeneffer contacted her and asked her to come help out.

• When asking Emperor Emyr for help on the Battle of Kaer Morhen, the dialog needs to be expanded to better explain why Geralt would refuse General Voorhis commanding the Nilgardian support troops, or why Emyr would not propose any other alternative form of help.

• Ater the Battle of Kaer Morhen, Nolan(given that we was present at the battle) should be standing next to Hjalmar at the funeral, and there should be a mention of Vigi when talking to them and of how he died(this should have been a mini cinematic during the battle to be honest).

So Lambert can't die even if I don't recruit Kiera? I have the Goty version so I don't know if that added any cut content.

So Lambert can't die even if I don't recruit Kiera? I have the Goty version so I don't know if that added any cut content.
Lambert *can* die. If Keira Metz isn't recruited, then there will be an additional battle where Geralt has to assist Lambert in fighting the Wild Hunt within Kaer Morhen. If you are too slow, it's curtains for him.

Top Bottom