[SPOILERS] BaW's endings

+
[SPOILERS] BaW's endings

Maybe someone has asked this before but, are there any chances to save both Syanna and Anna Henrietta and also Detlaff?

I've just finished the main storyline and I had the real good ending but, in this one, you are forced to kill Detlaff. I'm wondering what would had happened if I had chosen to visit the Elder Vampire because, for what I've read, if you choose this path there is no way to save the duchess and her sister (one kills the other I think) even if you pursue the investigation after killing Detlaff. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I've just finished the main storyline and I had the real good ending but, in this one, you are forced to kill Detlaff. I'm wondering what would had happened if I had chosen to visit the Elder Vampire because, for what I've read, if you choose this path there is no way to save the duchess and her sister (one kills the other I think) even if you pursue the investigation after killing Detlaff. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

1.Yes it is true.
2. No you cannot save everyone. If you wanna save Dettlaff you have to not buy the ribbon than later Detllaff will kill Syanna and you will have a chance to let him go. Anna Hennrietta will throw Geralt in jail becouse fo Syanna death even if you decided to kill Dettlaff instead of spare him.

Last edited:
1.Yes it is true.
2. No you cannot save everyone. If you wanna save Dettlaff you have to not buy the ribbon than later Detllaff will kill Syanna and you will have a chance to let him go. Anna Hennrietta will throw Geralt in jail becouse fo Syanna death even if you decided to kill Dettlaff instead of spare him.

All right, but my question is, If I choose to summon Detlaff through the ancient vampire and Detlaff dies (It seems if you choose this choice the only option is to fight him), Can I get the good ending where Syanna and the Duchess reconciles or they will kill themselves regardless if I choose to pursue the investigation after Detlaf's death and if I speak with Syanna in her chamber?

Can I get the good ending where Syanna and the Duchess reconciles or they will kill themselves regardless if I choose to pursue the investigation after Detlaf's death and if I speak with Syanna in her chamber?

Syanna will kill her sister regardless of that. The Unseen Elder always lead to the bad ending.

Last edited:
Yes. Even if you spoke with her, because in that case, you don't have dialogue options needed to trigger "good ending". You need to read the diary and visit fairytale land if you don't want both sisters to get killed.

You sure of that?? even if you spoke with Syanna in their chambers before the ceremony?

In order to get the "good" ending, you need to go through this dialogue branch when talking to Syanna before the ceremony:
Geralt choice: Ever thought to forgive her?

Geralt: Perhaps, just for a second, you could stop dwelling on all the wrongs folk've done you - and forgive her?
Syanna: Why should I?

Geralt: For old time's sake. You loved each other, once.
Syanna: Pshh. Please. I don't know who fed you that rubbish, but--
Geralt: Read your governess' diary. You played together, were inseparable. Anarietta'd get you in trouble sometimes, sure… But there were also times she stood up for you. When you had nightmares, only she could calm you.
Geralt: Time eats away at memories, distorts them. Sometimes we only remember the good… sometimes only the bad.
Syanna: If she loved me so, why did she wash her hands of me? Forget me? Hm?

Geralt choice: Might ask her that.
Geralt choice: She was a child.
However, this becomes available only if you read at least the first two entries in the diary in the playhouse. And opening the diary locks you into having to complete the fairytale quest. Therefore, it seems you cannot get the "good" ending on the Unseen Elder path.

All right! Thanks everybody!! I've already got the good ending but I was wondering if i could get something similar following Orianna's choice. It's seems impossible. Much aprecciate the help! Thank you!!

Top Bottom