[SPOILERS] Beat the Game, here's my feedback!

+
CDPR Devs,

Can't say that I'm not blown away. That was a ride! I didn't finish all the side quests; but still got to Level 43. In 72.5 hrs. I did a Nomad origin, romanced Panam, and got 90% 60% and 40% on the tickers. I might try for the Secret Ending, but I hear you need 70% in Johnny to get it. I am stoked to try a new character out, possibly the Corp next.

I did an Infiltrator Build. Focusing mostly on Sniper Rifles and Pistols with a SMG for when things needed to get loud. Primary weapon was a Legendary Overwatch Sniper Rifle. Holy mess is that weapon powerful. After modding and upgrading it, I was doing upwards of 27,000 on average critical hit, and head shots from stealth were several hundred thousand. Add the fact that I could shoot through walls, my conflicts pretty much were PING, SCOPE, SHOOT. And I would occasionally mix things up with the Silenced Crash Revolver. Also devastating when doing headshots. My playstyle was to avoid the Fast Travel System as much as I could, occasionally using it if I absolutely didn't want to drive. Below are some bugs or thoughts I had, and been taking; as I played the game...

-- Start Copy Paste --

- Ambient noise in bars with televisions. It's too loud, I have to turn down the SFX volume to hear conversations.

- The radio in the car, maybe put a volume control in-game instead of having to escape out to control the volume. There are some good songs in this game, but not all are created equally, there are a few I like to blast, and a few I can enjoy a little quieter.

- Fortunate Son Quest: Allow the option to ESCAPE the police if you'd rather not do a lethal exit...

- The motorcycle suddenly stopped making engine sounds... reloading didn't fix... restart fixed it.

- Subtitles! Even if they're off, they'll sometimes get stuck either over a NPC or at the bottom of the screen. Turning them on and then back off clears them out. This often happens when doing a reload during the Beast Racing segments.

- I Fought the Law Quest: Quest glitch that causes 'find a way into the Red Queens Race' to not be completable. However; the quest will continue once you enter the club. Could still complete the quest, though.

- V's head gear and hair vanishes when looking into mirrors, or when viewing himself from another perspective (i.e. the Panam romance scene)

- Sometimes the reflections wig out, I had Takemura's body, with only his head, legs and some of his arms visible.

- Play It Safe Quest: Needs better optimizing. FPS was struggling on 2K settings with a Ryzen 9 and 2080ti. The Oda boss fight ALSO glitched. A LOT, giving Oda God Mode and making it an impossible fight.

- Dream On Quest: 'Follow the Cables' objective was broken, probably because I did it in the wrong order.

- The Game sometimes wouldn't exit after exiting. I would have to kill the process in my task manager or close and exit Galaxy for it to close.

- Stealth is just bad (can’t think of a way to soften this up). If an explosion goes off in the middle of nowhere, and nobody has LOS of my character, then everyone should investigate the event, right? Same if a turret starts opening fire on enemies (even if it is manually controlled), then they should engage the turret instead of everyone coming after me. The AI suddenly deduces my location and begins to attack me anyways. Solutions--

- Rework the AI so that they have levels of alertness, which either increases or decreases their sensitivity to things out of the ordinary (bodies, explosions, hacking, etc).

- Enemies should not home in on me because a turret further away suddenly starts firing at people. A single turret goes off, an the entire level magically knows where I am at. Take inspiration from Splinter Cell, Crysis, Deus Ex, or Dishonored stealth mechanics.

- The AI should have to find me before attacking me, it doesn’t make sense for them to see an explosion and just pivot on the spot to open fire on me.

- Dashing in this game is nigh pointless. Your enemies will close the distance regardless and their attacks make up for the trivial amount of ground you get away from with no problem.

- RIOT club doesn’t have music, just people dancing to silence.

- Stadium Love Quest: After drinking, my character won’t pull out his weapon to shoot and the clock is ticking. Reloading can fix the issue.

- I can buy into the idea that murder is easily detected; but the netrunners who have no LOS of me that can hack me are OP. Considering that my character can’t hack them because of the lack of clear line of sight. Granted, the counter is pretty OP, with the fact that there are weapons than can punch through multiple layers of concrete and the like.

- Sweet Dreams: You couldn’t make a new level for this one? It’s the same level as the first Jackie mission to save that Corp girl from Scavs.

- There is a missed opportunity to add creative ways to kill enemies, I would like the ability to kick my enemies, in a manner that would allow me to kick enemies off ledges (there are enough vertical sections

- Looting… if my crosshairs are on it, and it’s in reach, I should be able to lift it, yeah?

- Arasaka Drones are really hard to loot, sometimes you get the goods, most of the time you don’t.

- Fix V’s shadow, it looks really weird when you have your weapon drawn.

- Popups will come up on the screen and then stay up (weapon details window, for example). Reloading fixes.

- Knocking on Heaven’s Door Quest: When taking the elevator to the Netrunner Operations Control, your bro will block the elevator if you don’t get in it first.

- Path of Glory: Hotel room, the sounds of shower keep going and going until credits. Also, it’s rather weird to see V’s invisible reflection.

-- End Copy Paste --

--FINAL THOUGHTS--

I only had 2 CTD's in the 70 hours I played, only happening during reloading. There were a number of bugs that I didn't write down that didn't bother me, other than V's hair would ALWAYS disappear during cutscenes, typically because I wore a hat or something.
-- On the topic of character customization, I wished I could have something to change the appearance of my character, even if it's just the hair. Additionally, I really would have liked to have Geralt's beard growing... But that aside, I felt an itch to customize my character's face every so often and was disappointed that it wasn't included, despite how easily face alterations could be in this world.

I really liked Panam as a character, she was fun and was a sharp contrast to some of the other characters. I was a little disappointed with how she pretty much bowed out after her quests were completed. Minimal interaction after the quests were done. This is contrasted by Judy, who ended up leaving NC, but sent me texts and pictures several hours after I completed her questline. Honestly, I thought her leaving NC was the best ending, because she started sounding happy again. I'll have to see what happens if she stays in my next playthrough. For Panam, maybe having additional content, text messages with random banter or what not, or woohoo scene if you've romanced her, so that you're not just up and dry done with her, would be nice.

Driving... woof; I'm pretty sure you've seen the forums about driving. But something needs to be altered. Best I can recommend is probably swapping camera movement from looking to 'this is the direction you will drive' and the A and D keys are for something else. Movement aside, I would LOVE to have a radio control feature that allows me to adjust the radio volume IN GAME. Awesome tunes, but it sucks to have to go into the escape menu to change the volume. For the google-maps driving, maybe put a visual direction driving indicator on the road, and make it so that the player would have to use the scanner to see it. Makes sense with the lore, right?

I got excited when the Albracodos Ripper (I think) mentioned active camouflage stealth cloaking, but saw that it wasn't integrated into the game. That's a bummer. But speaking on implants, I'd like to see more implants that have more tangible gameplay elements. I used the mono-wire, and thought it was rather underwhelming. It could also be that I'm used to Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and got used to the cybernetics they have in that game. But in short, I'm hopeful to see more flavor in the cybernetics in the future!

OVERALL, this is a game I'm going to play again, and I'm looking forward to the next adventure, trying new things out. I discovered that you could get bonuses for bringing in marks alive when I was today years old. So maybe I'll take the route of pacifist or at least keep the marks alive, in my next run through; which is looking to be a Katana and shotty run!

About V's shadow I had real fun jumping around when sun was behind and I had to walk behind someone. Drones agreed, some have loot sign and I couldn't get anything spamming F. Stealth in my opinion is fun, I didn't really think about logic, but in a pacifist way it was fun to avoid everything with some tech help. Hair yeah, I saw my hair in game around 3-4 times, rest my char was baldie. Some icons, or loot descriptions are stuck sometimes. Once my enemy lost its body and went inside a wall, other time I had to kill a guy and he went behind doors I couldn't open. Once Judy didn't appear at some balcony, I needed to reload.

I have a question about sniper rifles. I was using revolver during my playthrough, 50 m kills weren't any problem, did you have many situations in which sniper rifle was really the best solution? Like over 100m kills from stealth? Because I could use sniper rifle, but simply most of the time it was simpler and faster to go closer with revolver. I mean that there're no places in this game where enemies have vast open space in front of them, and they'll see you right away.

I have a question about sniper rifles. I was using revolver during my playthrough, 50 m kills weren't any problem, did you have many situations in which sniper rifle was really the best solution? Like over 100m kills from stealth? Because I could use sniper rifle, but simply most of the time it was simpler and faster to go closer with revolver. I mean that there're no places in this game where enemies have vast open space in front of them, and they'll see you right away.

I got a Smart Sniper Rifle that I never used (got it well after getting Overwatch), and some of the charging Snipers were okay; but the reason that Overwatch shined was because I could shoot through walls and the Sniper was silenced, so nobody knew where I was shooting from. My Revolver also had a damage/shot of about 500, Overwatch had something like 2000 and a higher critical threshold, to the point that rolling normally was unusual.

In the end, I used my Revolver for clearing buildings when I had baddies who didn't get illuminated by the Ping. Any enemy that did get illuminated got a bullet through the wall. Snipers are also really good at countering Netrunners who are hacking you (especially if you have the perk that illuminates them for attacking you).

Hope that helps! Cheers!

I made a post fairly recently regarding various issues. I think one of the many things they messed up on was gun balance

Overwatch is indeed too strong. Stronger than a fully charged Breakthrough (iconic Tech Sniper). That is including all of the charge perks plus the ignore armor perk. It is too bad because Breakthrough is silly. It has both the charge and ricochet on it. Only gun I have seen with both at the same time

Vehicle is a mess yes but one thing I am not noticing with this post and some of the others is which vehicle are you driving. Some of the vehicles like the Coyote is it? That one has AWD and is one of the best handling vehicles in the game. If I remember right, testing showed that the only thing that could handle better is the Javelin or the other vehicle I can't remember at the time I am posting this

One of the things I was pointing out or suggesting in my post is that CDPR should be learning from other Game Devs. There are examples of games/companies that use 3rd party Game Testers (usually volunteers). A lot of the time, there are people who know way more than a Dev could

Examples include your "min maxers". Those people devote their time to figuring out the numbers to a game then make a formula regarding it. Should see their Google Charts sometime. Crazy at how detailed it is

Anyways.. CDPR should start their own Game Test group for this game and any others down the line

I got a Smart Sniper Rifle that I never used (got it well after getting Overwatch), and some of the charging Snipers were okay; but the reason that Overwatch shined was because I could shoot through walls and the Sniper was silenced, so nobody knew where I was shooting from. My Revolver also had a damage/shot of about 500, Overwatch had something like 2000 and a higher critical threshold, to the point that rolling normally was unusual.

In the end, I used my Revolver for clearing buildings when I had baddies who didn't get illuminated by the Ping. Any enemy that did get illuminated got a bullet through the wall. Snipers are also really good at countering Netrunners who are hacking you (especially if you have the perk that illuminates them for attacking you).

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Ok, now I see sth new. Only sniper game I played was "Sniper ghost warrior contracts", actually I bought this game just to learn sniper rifle. But simply I didn't see any useful places here in Night City with my experience from previous games. Probably it's because enemies see me only on their turf, and attack me only in close range. It was stupid actually, that in one Cyberpsycho case, eastmost on Badlands, he waits with sniper rifle on some building, looks in your direction, and I runned in his direction up to 70-50 metres and just killed him with 2 shots. I think that he saw me at 70m away distance and his first shot was at 40m away, but it was flat desert all around.

But as you say I didn't know about those netrunners.

Top Bottom