[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
But what does that scaling do? :D Is it option to turn on/offrandom monsters or does it affect monster levels?

As far as I know from some of the German previews it basically makes sure that the random opponents level with you and you don't ride through Velen at Level 40 one shotting a band of Level 6 Alghoul but I think it's most important feature is that it's also implemented into NG+ so that NG+ now takes your level into account and doesn't have random level requirements.

Either way it means that enemies are around your level if it's activated, I don't think that applies for the quest enemies during a normal NG game though.

---------- Updated at 10:16 PM ----------

That's very interesting. I generally don't like level scaling, but I think as an optional component it makes a great deal of sense as not everyone agrees with me.

Agreed. I don't like it either but I think the Witcher 3 is great when it comes to gameplay costumization... you can play without the Hud and quest markers and what not and now you can enemies scale with you so your game experience really becomes your own. If they do away now with the difficulties and simply introduce modifiers then I think the Witcher 3 would be seriously the absolute benchmark to beat when it comes to modifying your own game experience.

Guest 3847602

-Asked if people might miss the more "dark" atmosphere of the base game, he says that Blood&Wine is what act 4 was in Witcher 1. He mentions that they have a few things in store for Witcher 1 fans. "Witcher 1 fans will recognize many little things in Blood&Wine"

- Speaks again about Witcher 1 (he is a huge fan of the first game) and that a certain sword will make a comeback in Blood&Wine. Apparently he wanted the sword to be in the expansion and wrote a little quest about it. It's a funny quest for people who only played Wild Hunt and a great moment for people who played Witcher 1.

F*** YEAH! :thumbsup:

Moderator: Posts deleted. Please, keep on the topic. If you wish to discuss something other than B&W, please, do so elsewhere. Further off-topic posts will be deleted. Thank you.

-Asked if people might miss the more "dark" atmosphere of the base game, he says that Blood&Wine is what act 4 was in Witcher 1. He mentions that they have a few things in store for Witcher 1 fans. "Witcher 1 fans will recognize many little things in Blood&Wine"

Blood&Wine is what act 4 was in Witcher 1

Video is from YouTuber: Gopher, he played 3 hours. He said there are no Spoilers in the video: https://youtu.be/yHwRSpGEGhg

Just watched this video and it's awesome!
Inventory looks cool and clear. I hope it also works faster on consoles than this current one. Rotating Geralt is super great :D And that hood... :wub:

I can also see that played hours are nicely visible now. I like that :)

Player home still feels a bit weird, but it seems to be better than what I thought first. Interested to see how that works when actually playing.

And everything else looks also great :D I can't wait! I'm glad that I managed to get one day off from work :) Unfortunately it's not in release week but next one. Still better than no day off at all :) Specially 'cause I can't play on that weekend between :(

Well you can buy several paintings or get given some during the game. I believe you can buy three during the auction in HoS and you can get one from the Halflings of Hierarch Himmelfahrt. I actually sold the one painting from the auction and gave the portrait of Hierarch Himmelfahrt to Dandelion as that was an option so I think that you might be able to buy some or gain some through quests in Blood and Wine.

That's a very good video to finally put an end to all or most "saga vs. games" arguments. I don't think Sapkowski is as controlling or egotistic as people in these forums make him look. He doesn't hate the games and isn't offended by their content. He simply doesn't care for them because, being his original creation, he is the only person who can really say what goes on and what doesn't in Geralt's world.

Nah, he may be a bit grumpy but he's not that bad. The man just wants people to respect his authoritah on the original lore :)

So whether Geralt, or Adda, or Triss, or anyone in this reimagination of the saga makes sense cannot and should not be established with respect to the books (only). It should be consistent though, according to some internal rules. And since noone knows the internal reasoning behind bringing back certain characters, judging based on speculation is a waste of everyone's time. Let the storytellers do their job.

I agree. The books and the games are pretty much separate entities in my mind. While it is true that the games rely on the books, what happens in the games is practically inconsequential to the original story. What matters most for BaW is that the developers remain original and consistent with their creation. If the writers at CDPR have managed to come up with a proper reason and appropriate context for "bringing back" this particular character, it shouldn't be that much of a problem for anyone. It might just happen that it will be a remarkable and memorable adventure. We don't know what will happen yet, so let's just wait and see.

Well you can buy several paintings or get given some during the game. I believe you can buy three during the auction in HoS and you can get one from the Halflings of Hierarch Himmelfahrt. I actually sold the one painting from the auction and gave the portrait of Hierarch Himmelfahrt to Dandelion as that was an option so I think that you might be able to buy some or gain some through quests in Blood and Wine.

I think the paintings you can use in your new home, will be only acquirable in toussaint.

Yeah me too. If the new area will be also included in this patch ?

btw, It would be funny to see a big fat Soon on the witcher 3 map after patch is loaded :D

Update :

New trailer for #BloodandWine will be dropping soon. Stay tuned.

Changelog for the next patch is looking great. Lots of changes & improvements. We'll release the list as soon as we're ready.

:geraltfeelgood:

Last edited:
Top Bottom