[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
Rather interesting song choice, but I like it. :)

I couldn't resist watching it, but props for not making it nearly, if at all as spoiling as HoS launch trailer. :)

Utterly and completely Glorious!!! I'm very happy we get a Vampire related DLC. They are the apex monsters in most settings and are my favorite.

Gosh, I don't think I have ever been waiting so impatiently for "just" a DLC in my life

Can you drop the damn expansion already instead of slowly killing us? This is getting utterly ridiculous. Btw. where is the changelog for patch 1.20?

Hello, I'm new to these forums and decided to join after seeing today's Launch Trailer. I guess despite game devs being here you probably won't answer this question as it's monster specific. But I'll say it anyway (as it's more of an indirect question): With all these classic monsters from the first Witcher game making an appearance in Blood and Wine please, please let there be a Zeugl among those monsters. I LOVED the design of this monster in the first game and now that the Witcher 3 is so much improved over the first game mechanics wise I'd love to have an epic boss battle against one of these in this engine. I know that you guys like to listen to your fans and I could bite me that I didn't join the forums a year ago when you were still working on this DLC and maybe my wish might have been heard back then, so it is too late now, but at the very least I can hope for an appearance in this DLC.
I mean just look at this monster from the first game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL58gGS0r-g

Any more information on that scaling option? =)

You can activate it in the options, so it's completely optional.

It will increase the strength (level) of the monsters according to your level, but it won't lower the level of monsters to yours.

So basically if you are level 50 and you go back to a side quest with monsters around level 30, by activating that option those monsters will be level 50 as well, so side quests are more of a challenge again. If you do a side quest with monsters above your level, they stay at that level.

Players will definitely have a nice experience if they play Blood and Wine after finishing the main game, since we created Blood and Wine not just as a last expansion, but also as a finale of the whole game that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. So you can look forward to nice things.

So, a farewell-party?

The question is: is that scaling actually for sidequest monsters (I'm not talking about treasure hunt and guarded treasures but actual sidequests) or rather for the random encounters and guarded treasure and some such and IF it is for sidequests... does that mean I still get 1XP because I outleveled it OR does that mean I get XP according to the level of creatures.

The length of an expansion is always questioned in this day and age but CD Projekt RED proved that value is as important with Hearts of Stone. What will be the goal with Blood and Wine given its relatively larger size?

Karolina Stachyra: We estimate that it will take gamers about 30 hours to finish the main story arc of Blood and Wine.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-interview-geralts-final-quest#1JLiozMELc5y4FT3.99

Does this mean there will be no side quest in this expansion? Will everything be connected to the main story? Can someone clarify this?

The length of an expansion is always questioned in this day and age but CD Projekt RED proved that value is as important with Hearts of Stone. What will be the goal with Blood and Wine given its relatively larger size?

Karolina Stachyra: We estimate that it will take gamers about 30 hours to finish the main story arc of Blood and Wine.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-interview-geralts-final-quest#1JLiozMELc5y4FT3.99

Does this mean there will be no side quest in this expansion? Will everything be connected to the main story? Can someone clarify this?

I read an interview, but i don't remember in which thread, and they said the main quest will be approximately 20 hrs and the side quests 10 hrs, depending on your playing style. I know for sure it's gonna take me longer than 30 hrs to finish B&W!

I read an interview, but i don't remember in which thread, and they said the main quest will be approximately 20 hrs and the side quests 10 hrs, depending on your playing style. I know for sure it's gonna take me longer than 30 hrs to finish B&W!

Yeah I think I'm late to the party lol, on page 32 of this thread i found people talking about the exact same thing... Either way 30+ hrs is meaty, my personal ideal time for it would be 35-40 hrs and I'd be completely satisfied. When I finished Wild Hunt I got the "bad" ending and it made me feel terrible lol and I literally had no motivation to go back and do old side quest. So there I was, standing in Kaer Morhen with a blank stare lol. Weirdly enough, even though i got the bad ending unsatisfied, it was very well done and interesting and I wouldnt mind doing it again in a New+ just to switch it up a little.

I lost the save to that playthrough when switching TW3 to my SSD and I'm now replaying it. Time to do things right, and this time I'll have HOS(which I never played) and BaW to do after its all said and done. So here's to proper expansions! :wine:

You can activate it in the options, so it's completely optional.

It will increase the strength (level) of the monsters according to your level, but it won't lower the level of monsters to yours.

So basically if you are level 50 and you go back to a side quest with monsters around level 30, by activating that option those monsters will be level 50 as well, so side quests are more of a challenge again. If you do a side quest with monsters above your level, they stay at that level.
Thanks for the info!
1. Any sourse material where i can read that?
2. Does this mean that sidequests will give proper XP even if i was outleveling them in main game& I remeber stumbaling upon level 2 bandit camp at Novigrdad (continuaton of random encounter in velen), while i was like lvl 14 if im not mistaken.

The question is: is that scaling actually for sidequest monsters (I'm not talking about treasure hunt and guarded treasures but actual sidequests) or rather for the random encounters and guarded treasure and some such and IF it is for sidequests... does that mean I still get 1XP because I outleveled it OR does that mean I get XP according to the level of creatures.

Yes, my question would be regarding the low level quests as well, if also quest levels below you is going to get scaled. I think it'd seem funny to complete level 13 quest as level 50 character, and with scaling on the quest includes killing level 50 enemy but the quest itself rewards 1 XP as it is level 13 and don't get scaled.

So scaling indeed scales low level monsters and quests according to character level(?)

Thats a good question.
Would like to know too.

There will be many side quest, not everything will be connected to the main story.
Over 90+ Quests in total.

About the main story... there are various numbers.
20-24
25+
And in one article ~30

Depends on your playstyle.

Last edited:
I'm so excited by everything we heard so far but I got to admit what really made my day was the new UI and especially level scaling. I hope it applies to greyed out quests so they become closer to our level and feel rewarding (in terms of challenge and exp.) again.

Top Bottom