[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
i miss the insectoid oil , i searched everywhere for the bloody thing .
Some superior oils can be found on certain locations but others are just random, also i think in NG+ they are even more difficult to find

Have you tried the guys I mentioned? Also Keira sells formulae, have you bought everything you can of her before starting her quests?

I also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iFt4oCuQI&feature=youtu.be and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4AKLTf2nU

Some said they found it in the Blood Baron's castle in the rooms that are accessible, have you thoroughly looted them?

Have you tried the alchemists I mentioned? There is another one in Rannvaig (quest the Nithing but you might have killed her) who is apparently selling those formulae.

---------- Updated at 03:19 PM ----------

What's that: arcymistrzowskiego? I don't speak Polish and my gf is not at home.

Most diagrams are completely random, it basically comes down to luck. ( except for the ones you can actually buy, but in terms of loot drops it's completely random)I have every superior oil except for Negrophage and Ogroid and can't find them. Every merchant searched, every question mark done etc etc.

I have accepted i won't get them and have to hope i won't see many that require Negrophage or Ogroid's oil in Touissant.

Have you tried the guys I mentioned? Also Keira sells formulae, have you bought everything you can of her before starting her quests?

I also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iFt4oCuQI&feature=youtu.be and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4AKLTf2nU

Some said they found it in the Blood Baron's castle in the rooms that are accessible, have you thoroughly looted them?

Have you tried the alchemists I mentioned? There is another one in Rannvaig (quest the Nithing but you might have killed her) who is apparently selling those formulae.

---------- Updated at 03:19 PM ----------

What's that: arcymistrzowskiego? I don't speak Polish and my gf is not at home.

Yeah, i tried all those vendors, nobody is selling superior oils ,Keira is at Kaer Mohren - i can still interact with her, the female from The Nithing quest is alive ( i never killed her - wtf , let the guy kill her himself if he wants to ) , i searched Crow's Perch pretty good, that crate from the Now or Never quest gave me another type of superior oil ; i hope i'll find it in Toussaint .

I'm sure you will. I got my base White Raffards Decoction in HoS. Looked for it all over through a whole game... nothing. Shame I couldn't be of more help but I could have guessed you checked all that stuff out if you are on Level 70 ;).

Well, thanks anyway - you could always miss something easily in this game . For example, i discovered a chest in the labyrinth where you wander with Triss, i never saw that chest in my previous games , and guess what? it had a superior oil in it :)
You know, i wonder : what does random loot actually means in W3?
1. When the game starts all the stuff is distributed randomly in chests and if you can't find that one chest with the needed recipe, that's it
2. There is a random chance of getting what you want every time you open a chest, even though save and load i suppose it does not work , maybe the random stuff is distributed once a certain area is loaded or something .
Anyone know this ?

I'd probably go for the second one tbh because some loot is level dependant so if you leave an area and come back later... you usually find stronger stuff. Like I did some of the stupid smugglers caches in Skellige when I started NG+ and went to Skellige first and found mainly stuff for mid level 50. Now I had nothing to do and went back with Level 68 or so and found some stuff for level 67...

Also Does anyone know how many ability total points are needed to unlock a high tier new Mutation ?(like the new aard freeze ability) I have like 14 free ability points now.

I saw a video where the 3 first mutations need 2 skill points, and the second wave appears to need of 3 each. No idea about the third wave, however, but if we consider that It may be 4 skill points, then we will need 35 points to open everything.

6 Points - For the first wave.
21 Points - For the second.
8 Points - For the last one.

And on my case, I just have 6 left, at level 64 and with 2 skill that I still want to purchase.... :/

Last edited:
That's not too bad actually. I got 121 points overall. Add maybe 3-4 places of power, and another 20-25 levels and I basically have the same again... I can afford those points right of the bat and not even feel thing ;)

i miss the insectoid oil , i searched everywhere for the bloody thing .
Some superior oils can be found on certain locations but others are just random, also i think in NG+ they are even more difficult to find

I think i found it during the "Now or never" quest. Were you low level when you did that quest? Maybe, if you check again that part of the sewers, it has spawned now?
Have you checked: Chest in Clan Tordarroch Forge or at the top of the Drahim Castle? ( from this page: http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Oils )

that is unknown

There has been no sign of Fringilla Vigo in any previews, reviews, trailers, screenshots, or even leaks yet. So, with that amount of spoilers already available, it seems rather unlikely now. But the expansion will have the new character from this screenshot in a major role. She may even look slightly similar to Fringilla Vigo, but even if that is the case, it could be only a coincidence. ;)

There has been no sign of Fringilla Vigo in any previews, reviews, trailers, screenshots, or even leaks yet. So, with that amount of spoilers already available, it seems rather unlikely now. But the expansion will have the new character from this screenshot in a major role. She may even look slightly similar to Fringilla Vigo, but even if that is the case, it could be only a coincidence. ;)
she is a new character, not fringilla

Any indication on whether we will be finding the vampire from "A night to remember" song in the actual gameplay till now ?
That new character seems interesting from IGN review :)

I think i found it during the "Now or never" quest. Were you low level when you did that quest? Maybe, if you check again that part of the sewers, it has spawned now?
Have you checked: Chest in Clan Tordarroch Forge or at the top of the Drahim Castle? ( from this page: http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Oils )

i did all that , Insectoid is just random - it has nothing to do with locations where other people found it . During Now or Never i found another superior oil, it seems there is always a random superior oil there if you have the right level

Top Bottom