[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
Didn't they say there will be no preload (on Steam)? Which is kinda sad because I was hoping to be playing when he game unlocks but 10-15 GB sounds like a few more hours of waiting : (

Well we are still missing an answer on that front concerning GOG. Why I wonder? It's CDPR's platform... they should know whether or not they will preload the game more than 3 days in advance. Tbh it all seems a bit silly and rushed to me. No communication when exactly the patch will release, the log is basically delivered on the way out into a long weekend for Poland, no official statements concerning preload even on gog yet somehow all the reviewers ended up with a copy of the DLC and the Patch... I'm really not trying to be a pissy little ant about this stuff but it's getting pretty hard.

What is so damn hard about saying: the patch will release then and then that's that? It's not like they have been only working at it for 2 days or that it fixed issues like the EXP issue back in the day and the whole community was up in arms, it's a massive patch that even adds bits and pieces needed for the DLC. Why can no one make a statement as to the preload on GOG? It's their platform, they have had the game and expansion on sale from basically day one and ever since yet they can not say: No sorry, GOG will also not have a preload option or, unlike Steam GOG is fucking great so it will let you preload. Honestly I could care less about 90% of the stuff in the FAQ, I could care less about the reviews, the leaks, the screenshots, the trailers. I personally would prefer to have a proper gameplan like at least 1 week beforehand. Like: Monday 23.05.2016 release of the Patch log for Patch 1.20, Thursday 26.05.2016 release of the Patch 1.20 problem reports open until Friday 27.05. 2pm and beginning again from Monday 30.05.2016 9am. GOG preload available from Monday 30.05.2016 at 10am. Blood and Wine release and launch Tuesday 31.05.2016 1am (all times CET).

Instead we get: We'll try and maybe aim to maybe release the log on Friday, we don't know when the Patch will release but definitely before Blood and Wine (duh), there is no preload option on Steam and we won't tell you whether there is one for GOG even though it's our own platform and most sales of Witcher 3 digitally on PC are for GOG. To quote someone famous:

PS: I'm really not trying to be pissy... but this annoys me to no end.
PPS: This is in no way any criticism aimed at the mods who are not responsible in any way for me being a pissy little ant.

Last edited:
Even though every reviewer agrees that the story itself is great,the thoughts about the main villain are divisive.In fact no one is saying that he is on par with Master Mirror.Some say he is good,some say he is just ok.We'll have to wait and see

I have serious anxiety about whether or not you will able to go inside Toussaint's palace. It could be another bummer like the great pyre of novigrad, where you can't enter. Anybody share my concerns? If this is the case I might destroy furniture!

I have serious anxiety about whether or not you will able to go inside Toussaint's palace. It could be another bummer like the great pyre of novigrad, where you can't enter. Anybody share my concerns? If this is the case I might destroy furniture!

Although I haven't seen any official confirmation, I am fairly confident you will be able to enter the palace. This video (spoilers):

[video=youtube;Zj0a-DFl8tg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj0a-DFl8tg[/video]

shows Geralt racing through the city and to the Palace of Beauclair (starts around 21:30 in). While it never shows you going in the palace, you at the very least go all around the exterior. I'm pretty sure you will be able to go into the palace as well (though I don't know that for sure). If you watch the video closely, it does appear there are several paths that lead into the palace. I wouldn't be too anxious about it.

So I'm reading the gamespot review and 2 things I liked about it.
1, You get to name the wine your vineyard produces.

2, Depending on your earlier choices, you might bring on an unexpected staff member to arrange meals, giving an otherwise unrelated quest additional emotional heft.

I wonder what they mean by earlier choices. Like main game earlier choices or Blood and Wine earlier choices.

Is it a brothel at 12:19 ?

Yes, Bordeilwirtin means "madam", and Kurtisane should be obvious. :)

Apparently, the "dear friend" letter has been made somewhat longer compared to the Polish version I saw in patch 1.12, and it is indeed voiced. But it still says essentially the same. I wonder what Geralt's reaction will be to the other versions, assuming they were not cut. Is the picture of the old man that appears for a moment when he reads the sarcastic line about him being too old for this a part of the game, or was it added by the previewers as a joke ?

It seems the most interesting bits are in the last few minutes.

Last edited:
Yes, Bordeilwirtin means "madam", and Kurtisane should be obvious. :)

Apparently, the "dear friend" letter has been made somewhat longer compared to the Polish version I saw in patch 1.12, and it is indeed voiced. But it still says essentially the same. I wonder what Geralt's reaction will be to the other versions, assuming they were not cut. Is the picture of the old man that appears for a moment when he reads the sarcastic line about him being too old for this a part of the game, or was it added by the previewers as a joke ?

Oh maan ! I hope they changed those redundant short sex scenes with some of new scenes from that few hrs of Mocap data :D

I guess that letter will be sent by Triss if we romanced her
Wow, can't wait to see some Triss content even if it is a letter. :D

Alllright people a new Brothel is alllmost confirmed and here you can find it here

I have marked the place in green
For people searching for it
You know where to go now :D

Last edited:
I guess that letter will be sent by Triss if we romanced her
Wow, can't wait to see some Triss content even if it is a letter. :D

Well, the (p)reviews did talk about guests appearing at Geralt's vineyard, although the details have not been revealed. And on this screenshot from the GRY-Online review, it looks like Yennefer might be there, even if it is not clearly visible who is on the picture:

Even though every reviewer agrees that the story itself is great,the thoughts about the main villain are divisive.In fact no one is saying that he is on par with Master Mirror.Some say he is good,some say he is just ok.We'll have to wait and see

Gamespot review really worries me :

- Self-referential jokes can be distracting
- Main story and characters aren’t that interesting

Regarding the above picture, I am not sure who the other character is on it, when downscaled to a low resolution, it looks like someone with long black hair, but when zoomed in it seems more like a short haired character with his or her arm (wearing gloves or gauntlets ?) raised. It is hard to tell, the image quality is not particularly good:

The reviews do not seem to agree when it comes to the main story, others said it is very good. Perhaps it depends on what choices they made ? I think I read somewhere about two different "paths" being available, maybe they are not equally well written.

Attachments

• 515097564z.jpg
    515097564z.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Well it's just an opinion of the reviewer, after all. There are many other reviews that say the opposite. :)
I wouldn't be worried, play it and give your own opinion.
For example he gave the main game 10, and says that the main story of B&W is lacking magic and interesting characters as Triss, Ciri and Yennefer. I personally don't find them that interesting at all in The Wild Hunt - except Yennefer, of course - and thus don't agree with the verdict.

Main story and characters aren’t that interesting

I would not worry about that.
Most reviews are praising the story.
And CDPR can not please everyone.

Oh maan ! I hope they changed those redundant short sex scenes with some of new scenes from that few hrs of Mocap data

Same here. Again copy & paste with just another heads would be really boring

I have marked the place in green

One of the first important visitings in toussaint....

Last edited:
The reviews do not seem to agree when it comes to the main story, others said it is very good. Perhaps it depends on what choices they made ? I think I read somewhere about two different "paths" being available, maybe they are not equally well written.
I also read it.
It still a mystery if B&W will have two big parts, like TW2 (Chapter2).
For example he gave the main game 10, and says that the main story of B&W is lacking magic and interesting characters as Triss, Ciri and Yennefer. I personally don't find them that interesting at all in The Wild Hunt - except Yennefer, of course - and thus don't agree with the verdict.
The pacing of the story was a (little) problem, we're all agreed. Maybe he wanted something epic (referring to the beginning of chapter 2 on the comments page).
I would not worry about that.
Most reviews are praising the story.
And CDPR can not please everyone.
Agree with that.

Top Bottom