[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
Yeah but how many of those new mutagens are red and how many are green? Well tbh nvm. I just spent 8 hours farming myself 20 greater red mutagens... should be enough along with the 80 greater green and 90 greater blue mutagens I already had.

Really interested to see how deep i actually have to go to get to the skill i actually want, hopefully not to far as i was hoping to use the rest of my excess skill points on Rend and Whirl.

I haven't heard one way or the other. If I were a betting man, I would bet against his being in the expansion. I think his presence is very unlikely. But I've been wrong many times before.

Does Geralt getting his own estate and lands in Touissant make him a Lord? He's already technically nobility from being knighted by Queen Meve.

Does Geralt getting his own estate and lands in Touissant make him a Lord? He's already technically nobility from being knighted by Queen Meve.

If he is not a Lord, I think he will be already on a good position, since he will get his own butler and employees. Now, about Meve... I'm pretty sure she would be more than happy on remove Geralt's titles and/or head after he flee the battle. So I wouldn't count that.

She can't just unknight him. This is not the 21st century. Furthermore a queen without a country can not really grant knighthoods to start with and she certainly can't take imginary ones away. Furthermore the knighthood is not exactly part of the nobility. Knighthoods are bestowed upon, even upon nobles, and are lost after death (they do not pass on to your heirs). Knighthood also does not come with a grant of land like it used to back when feudalism was invented. That means you can't raise a levy, you do not pay tax, you are not called upon to be a councillor which in turn means... well you are not nobility. Getting an estate in Toussaint and the appropriate title to go with it: Count or Viscount would actually make Geralt a nobleman but since he can not sire any children his line would go extinct after him.

One review mentioned four different endings, so maybe there will be two variations for each final act.

Analog Addiction review : 9/10
The Good:
- Toussaint looks beautiful and is packed with content
- Entertaining main story and side missions
- New mutations system adds more variety to character development
- It’s more Witcher 3
The Bad:
- Story twist makes antagonist one dimensional
- Middle portions of the story are very dialogue heavy with a mostly static camera
https://analogaddiction.org/2016/05/30/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-review/

Review by Eurogamer.de : Outstanding
http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2016-05-29-the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-test

Last edited:
okay, one last question before I can tackle the game tomorrow.

We are sure to encounter a new romance. but hows things gonna play out if the rumours are true that Triss and Yen will be in this game? I've romanced triss in the wild hunt.. in heart of stone we could romance Shani.. but It didn't have anything to say with my ongoing romance with Triss.. do you guys think it will be like this in Blood And Wine?

My guess is the romance will be a typical side hoe sadly : ( So you gonna cheat on Triss/Yen behind her back but there will be no consequences because they probably never meet and unless someone saw you and tells Triss/Yen, there is no way for them to really know.

We are sure to encounter a new romance. but hows things gonna play out if the rumours are true that Triss and Yen will be in this game? I've romanced triss in the wild hunt.. in heart of stone we could romance Shani.. but It didn't have anything to say with my ongoing romance with Triss.. do you guys think it will be like this in Blood And Wine?

There is not much information regarding Triss and Yennefer in the expansion, but if they do appear, it might be only at the end of the story. What has been confirmed is that one of them - depending on the player's choice - sends a (voiced) letter to Toussaint about the witcher mutations quest, this happens relatively early. Also, there will apparently be a Shani-like romance with a new character.

Dear CDPR maybe you can get your behind into gear and simply give us all the pleasure? How about it? How about moving the needle forward and just skipping the 5 hours that you for some reason think should still be gotten through and letting us start our downloads. Loads of us won't be able to finish the download before 1 am anyway. So what exactly is the harm dear CDPR?

So what exactly is the harm dear CDPR?
That they have already set a time with 4 different services that will provide the content at aforementioned time and it's not up to them to do whatever they want whenever they want?

Well apparently it isn't up to them to control the release either is it? It's been released for 3 mio XBOX users so... how exactly is anything set up? They might as well hit the button and tell PS4, Steam and GOG to get on with it. What's the point now? Just so you can stick to an artificially set time and date that makes no sense either way and pretend the leak for 3 mio XBOX copies didn't happen? Good luck with that.

Top Bottom