[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
how do i load it? 00:07 and 31 of may in norway now. but nothing happens when i press the click to play button(which says that i can play it on 31.05.16.). djees. must i wait another hour now?

how do i load it? 00:07 and 31 of may in norway now. but nothing happens when i press the click to play button(which says that i can play it on 31.05.16.). djees. must i wait another hour now?

You need to go, in the Witcher 3 entry of your Gog Galaxy client, to the DLC section and check the box where it says Blood and Wine to start the install.

For anyone wondering about characters from the main game having any content in Blood and Wine, here is how much they were given (obvious spoilers):
Cirilla: 44 lines (724 words)
Triss: 30 lines (24 (378 ) without a voiced letter *)
Yennefer: 34 lines (25 (320) without two voiced letters *)
Dandelion: 81 lines (may include narration, storyboards, etc., not sure, but he does appear in Toussaint)

* only one of these three letters is sent to Geralt, depending on romance choice

So, these suggest only "cameo" roles (except maybe for Dandelion), but that is about what was expected. Apparently, there is nothing for Fringilla Vigo, she is not in the expansion at all. Regis and Anna Henrietta on the other hand got plenty of screen time. Especially Regis. :)

Some more spoilers regarding things that have been requested or complained about:
Iorveth and Saskia are not in the expansion, nor are they even talked about.

Triss or Yennefer apparently only visit Geralt if romanced, or at least their dialogues only seem to make sense in that case (maybe the romance related bits are conditional ?).

In conversations with Ciri, Triss, and Yennefer, the other two are not mentioned, they are only about Geralt's relationship with each character.

And a potential major spoiler I accidentally found
in Dandelion's dialogue when he visits Geralt, it is about the fate of one of the main characters of the expansion:
it seems Anna Henrietta can die in Blood and Wine, depending on the choices made.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering about characters from the main game having any content in Blood and Wine, here is how much they were given (obvious spoilers):
Cirilla: 43 lines
Triss: 30 lines (24 without a voiced letter *)
Yennefer: 34 lines (24 without two voiced letters *)
Dandelion: 81 lines (may include narration, storyboards, etc., not sure, but he does appear in Toussaint)

* only one of these three letters is sent to Geralt, depending on romance choice

So, these suggest only "cameo" roles (except maybe for Dandelion), but that is about what was expected. Apparently, there is nothing for Fringilla Vigo, she is not in the expansion at all. Regis and Anna Henrietta on the other hand got plenty of screen time. Especially Regis. :)
Kinda sucks that we don't get to see Letho again.
kinda wanted to know what happens to him after the main game was over

Cirilla: 43 lines
Triss: 30 lines (24 without a voiced letter *)
Yennefer: 34 lines (24 without two voiced letters *)

Some more spoilers regarding things that have been requested or complained about:
Iorveth and Saskia are not in the expansion, nor are they even talked about.

Triss or Yennefer apparently only visit Geralt if romanced, or at least their dialogues only seem to make sense in that case (maybe the romance related bits are conditional ?).

In conversations with Ciri, Triss, and Yennefer, the other two are not mentioned, they are only about Geralt's relationship with each character.

And a potential major spoiler I accidentally found
in Dandelion's dialogue when he visits Geralt, it is about the fate of one of the main characters of the expansion:
it seems Anna Henrietta can die in Blood and Wine, depending on the choices made.

I wonder these lines (except letters) only avaible after main story? (I mean Wild hunt story)

I wonder these lines (except letters) only avaible after main story? (I mean Wild hunt story)

From how the dialogues are written, it looks like that might indeed be the case. They talk about things that only happen after the epilogues of the main game.

Thank you for answer :) Its also strange, yennefer and triss have same number lines.

Why is it strange ? Both have a similar scene at Geralt's vineyard, so a similar number of lines is about what one would expect. Ciri was given more lines, but the game takes into account her different endings (witcher vs. empress), which obviously increases the number.

Last edited:
My guess is the romance will be a typical side hoe sadly : ( So you gonna cheat on Triss/Yen behind her back but there will be no consequences because they probably never meet and unless someone saw you and tells Triss/Yen, there is no way for them to really know.

As far as I can tell
there is only one unique sex scene in Blood and Wine, and it is with
so it looks like that is probably the only romance in the expansion. Other than that, maybe the brothel. :) Also, in conversations with her, Triss and Yennefer are never mentioned, nor the other way around. So, chances are it is indeed like with Shani in Hearts of Stone, except Shani seems to have somewhat more screen time, and she can at least react to the choice from TW1.
Anna Henrietta
is the female character with the most lines in BaW (see here for a full list), but there is apparently no sex scene with her.

But that's enough spoilers for now. :)

As far as I can tell
there is only one unique sex scene in Blood and Wine, and it is with
so it looks like that is probably the only romance in the expansion. Other than that, maybe the brothel. :) Also, in conversations with her, Triss and Yennefer are never mentioned, nor the other way around. So, chances are it is indeed like with Shani in Hearts of Stone, except Shani seems to have somewhat more screen time, and she can at least react to the choice from TW1.
Anna Henrietta
is the female character with the most lines in BaW (see here for a full list), but there is apparently no sex scene with her.

But that's enough spoilers for now. :)

Do you have Yennefer letter copy? If we romance her.

@sv3672

So no mentions or appearances for Fringilla or Cynthia?

Now we know why the RED's were so quiet about that. I wish they had just come out and said it. I would have brought the expansion anyway (of course I would :p), but at least then I would have known not to have hope.

Ah well.

She so :boredom: on that boat. :p

Guest 3847602

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
@sv3672

So no mentions or appearances for Fringilla or Cynthia?

Nothing at all, at least not in the dialogues (I only checked those, maybe in the journal, letters, etc., but I would not expect much). Or they are referenced somehow, but not by name - a simple search would miss that.

By the way, these are the letters Geralt can receive from Triss or Yennefer (I guess they have been spoiled enough already that it is OK to post them):
Triss romance:
Geralt: "My Dear Geralt…"
Triss: I hope all is well. I imagine you hot on the trail of some nasty monster - or is it an overly complex curse this time? Oh Geralt, I wish I knew for certain…
Triss: Whatever is keeping you busy, perhaps you'll need a break. For those moments I offer you this intriguing little mystery I happened on in an old manuscript I bought off a merchant from Nazair.
Triss: The tome's author claims a certain Professor Moreau once called Beauclair home. And this professor conducted research into witcher mutations.
Triss: I don't know much else, but I suspect that alone might pique your interest. The tome mentioned a journal interred with the scholar when he passed. It could very well lead you to his laboratory.
Triss: I'm enclosing a map I found folded in the tome. It's smudged in a few places, but I hope it proves useful anyway.
Triss: Please be careful and come back to me quickly. Your Triss.

Yennefer romance:
Geralt: "Dearest,"
Yennefer: I suspect weighty affairs, rather than merely the Wine Festival, have drawn you to Toussaint. Perhaps you'll find time to probe a certain matter in spite of this.
Yennefer: I recently came across the mention of one Professor Moreau, a scholar in Beauclair who conducted research into witcher mutations.
Yennefer: Though the details are rather murky, as is the location of the scholar's laboratory, his journal could contain more information. It lies buried with him in his tomb.
Yennefer: I enclose a map I found in the tome I happened upon. Though less than completely legible, I trust it will prove useful nonetheless.
Yennefer: I felt this matter could prove of some importance to you, thus I dispatched this letter without delay. Whatever you decide, please take exceedingly good care of yourself. Your Yen.

Neither:
Geralt: "My Dear Friend…"
Yennefer: I've been told you're on a jaunt to Toussaint. I do hope you don't overtax yourself during the Wine Festival. The effects of such exertion at your age can indeed prove most detrimental.
Yennefer: I've come upon some information which might be of interest to you. While browsing through a colleague's book collection, I found mention of one Professor Moreau, of Beauclair, who conducted research into witcher mutations.
Yennefer: The details I've come to learn are rather vague and his laboratory's location remains a mystery. Yet his journal should at least provide hints as to both. It is said he was laid to rest with it in his tomb.
Yennefer: I enclose a map I found in the tome I happened upon. Though less than completely legible, I trust it will prove useful nonetheless.
Yennefer: Should you grow tired of sampling Beauclair's ladies, wines and other exquisite delicacies, this matter might prove a fruitful diversion. Investigate at your leisure. Your friend, Yennefer.

Last edited:
Greetings, all!
For future reference, we've now an official sub-forum dedicated to
Blood and Wine Expansion Pack Quests . There, rather than post everything in a single long thread, you may create new topics for more individualised and detailed discussions of the expansion's story. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom