[Spoilers] Bug: Can't progress in "I Don’t Wanna Hear It" Side Job on PC - Solved

+
This is the side job where Kerry asks you to come with him to talk to the Us Cracks girls after you've blown up their van full of musical equipment. The first quest objective is to "Meet Kerry at Riot around 7 PM." I walk up to the chair the quest directs me to and select the "wait" option. Just as in other quests where I have to wait, the screen plays its glitchy animation and then turns black. Unfortunately, in this quest, the screen just stays black forever. The sounds of the city come back to life (I can hear traffic, pedestrians walking, the radio, etc.), but there's just a black screen and no way to get out of it but to alt+f4 out of the game. Here's what I tried to see if I could make any progress:
  • Hitting escape and other inventory/character screen hotkeys to see if I could get into some sort of menu. I could not - just a plain black screen still.
  • Manually using the "Skip Time" feature until 7PM so I wouldn't have to use the chair to wait. It didn't matter, the quest still forces me to use the chair to wait.
  • Parking my car far away from the area, just in case it was causing issues with other things trying to load into its location. Didn't matter.
  • Trying over and over again (about 4-5 times) to see if I was just getting unlucky. But no, still getting an inescapable black screen every time.
I'm playing on a Ryzen 3900x with 32GB RAM and an RTX 3080 with the latest drivers, and none of the other quests that force me to interact with something and wait have had this issue. Has anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution to it?

Thanks for reading.

Update - just in case anyone else had this issue, I was able to progress after restarting my computer and responding to the message Kerry left me after the last mission. Not sure which one was the fix, but all is well now.

Top Bottom