[SPOILERS] BUG Main Story Quest - Panam playing on PC

+
My first major bug in the game. (48h playtime)

I'm in the desert city with Panam at the moment. We took out the grouping there and got their car back.
So I get in Panam's car as described in the quest. A conversation starts, but because V says something completely different than what it said, I loaded the savegame.
(Annoys me very much that V always says something different than it says).
After I reloaded the game that just saved, I'm sitting in the same place as Panam, so inside her.
So I load an even earlier save game. Now I was sitting on the right side in the car, but only up to the point where Panam is driving through the desert.
Suddenly Panam is no longer sitting in the driver's seat but is just gone.
The car continues and the dialogue continues and I get new choices in the conversation, but don't know what Panam said because the subtitle stopped there when Panam disappeared.

This probably happened because Panam was too far away for the game to continue the dialogue.
My guess is that she was stuck in mid-air for some unexplained reason, as a great many NPC's do.

I can forgive minor bugs like cars hovering a meter above the ground, but as soon as bugs also affect the main story, I get in a bad mood.

But what I also have to say, which usually comes far too short, with all the messages, which diminishes the game fun: I love the game!
The combination of open world, rival factions, masses of quests, unbelievable amount of loot (I love looting!), the great choice in character development, sneaking missions, all the interaction possibilities with the world and with the people in it, all the effects; down to the small dust particles in the air - that's a masterpiece for me!
Keep being awesome CDPR!

Do you have a save game before the start of the quest?

If you are on PC (you didn't specify that) you can try to verify/repair, just in case:

Quest progression issues can be reported here:
(please read the suggestions and send a ticket to support by clicking on "contact us")

On the website from CDPR support, the same article can be found for consoles too. However, options to deal with issues like that on console are more limited.

Top Bottom