[Spoilers] Bug or intended?

+
I'm 100% certain I saved Brick with Jackie when we went to get the flathead. Now I visited the columbarium in north oak and I find this

Is this intended, meaning he somehow dies anyway, or just a bug? Or maybe Royce faked Brick's death?

how did you save Brick in the first place?
Dex stated that there's an issue with his order of the flathead as he already paid Brick but now Royce took over.

I think you're mixing up some toons.

how did you save Brick in the first place?
Dex stated that there's an issue with his order of the flathead as he already paid Brick but now Royce took over.
I think you're mixing up some toons.
Brick can be saved at the deal of flathead, Royce put Brick in jail, not kill him
Kill Royce and find the jail, the passcode is at the computer nearby, and a detonator is lying on another table, find the code to open the jail and then remove the bomb, Brick will be saved.
But he won't tell the gang you saved him, and don't care how many you killed
He will appeared at the mission of Jhonny , which you rebuild Samurai.
If Royce and Dumdum alive, you can get dumdum‘s gun.
If Brick alive, he will let you finish the mission in peace.

Brick can be saved at the deal of flathead, Royce put Brick in jail, not kill him
Kill Royce and find the jail, the passcode is at the computer nearby, and a detonator is lying on another table, find the code to open the jail and then remove the bomb, Brick will be saved.
Exactly, only I didn't find a code, I opened the doors with quickhack and disabled the bomb like that too I think.

oh, i didn't find him on my first play-through and i'm past it on the second where i killed Royce.
guess i'm bound for a third one, which i'm up to anyway.

who is the malstroem leader at the totentanz for you?
Can confirm this definitely happens if Brick is alive and at Totentanz. I guess you could excuse it by saying someone put it up preemptively when he was captured (maybe his one choom who goes cyberpsycho?) but it's probably just an oversight. Happened on two separate playthroughs, for me anyway.

there is this cyberpsycho who was one of the last Brick loyalists and if I remember correctly he went insane after Royce's betrayal so maybe that was his doing before we neutralize him

I'm 100% certain I saved Brick with Jackie when we went to get the flathead. Now I visited the columbarium in north oak and I find this

Is this intended, meaning he somehow dies anyway, or just a bug? Or maybe Royce faked Brick's death?
Same here. But yes, it is probably intended (see below) - if you kept _both_ Royce and Brick alive.

Me, i also saved Brick - and (much) later discovered this exactly plate in Columbarium (when i was looking there for Evelyn's plate after Judy texted V Evelyn's resting there - which, by the way, i did not find, despite looking for quite a while).

And in my case, not only i am sure i saved Brick. More, i specifically asked Brick, after disabling the mine, whether he needs any help saving his butt, considering Royce was still around at the time. Brick said he'll be OK, said it's his home place after all. "Oh well OK, if you say so" i thought, and went on - not attacking Royce after all the corpo forces were dealt with.

And later on, i sure encountered Royce in Totentanz, no trace of Brick. And now i think, it's exactly because my V did not take out Royce and his goons that Brick ends up dead, even despite his certainty he'll be fine. That's how this situation may well be intended, as it very much fits prior events (Royce being able to remove Brick from leadership by force). He did it once, sparing Brick's life for the time being - and "now" he probably did it again, this time flatlining his former boss for good.

later discovered this exactly plate in Columbarium (when i was looking there for Evelyn's plate after Judy texted V Evelyn's resting there - which, by the way, i did not find, despite looking for quite a while).

There’s a delay between when Judy calls you and when Evelyn’s name appears. Enter the Columbarium and walk straight forward, it’s on the left on the sixth or seventh wall I think.

There’s a delay between when Judy calls you and when Evelyn’s name appears. Enter the Columbarium and walk straight forward, it’s on the left on the sixth or seventh wall I think.
I see. Strange, iirc Judy said she was already done with it. Oh and by the way, another glitch is that after Judy rescues V when V loses consiousness while inside the church in the flooded town, a green dot can be seen on the minimap several meters away from where V regains consiousness, slightly off the shore. Investigating it leads to shallow water, where seemingly nothing is present. But getting right close to the dot, "into" it per minimap - reveals a name written in green: "Evelyn".

Ghosts, eh.

nothing is present. But getting right close to the dot, "into" it per minimap - reveals a name written in green: "Evelyn".

Ghosts, eh.

LOL! There is a "ghost" behind a curtain in the Quest to recuse River's nephew The Hunt! When you pull back the curtain no-one is there!

If you scan the shadow figure behind the curtain before moving forward it reads "Evelyn"! This must be some place holder tittle forgotten in the game code.

Talk about Ghost in the machine!
Post automatically merged:

So I went to read up on this ghost at the farm and evidently the name can be different for different players. The theory is that the name comes from the same name generator used for civilians. The DEV did not intend for you to scan the npc and get any name, so because of just serendipity it is different depending on your dice roll.

Last edited:
I see. Strange, iirc Judy said she was already done with it. Oh and by the way, another glitch is that after Judy rescues V when V loses consiousness while inside the church in the flooded town, a green dot can be seen on the minimap several meters away from where V regains consiousness, slightly off the shore. Investigating it leads to shallow water, where seemingly nothing is present. But getting right close to the dot, "into" it per minimap - reveals a name written in green: "Evelyn".

Ghosts, eh.
The invisible Evelyn is explained by the fact that the game has to spawn in characters in order for them to say their lines of dialogue. That's why there's a bug that spawns in visible copies of characters like Jackie or Rogue when you call them on the phone..

im not sure if this is intended
i have an old save where i saved brick, brick showed up at the totentanz and i cant find him at the columbarium.

in a more recent playthrough, i saved brick again. but he is dead according to the columbarium.
im not at the totentanz yet, hopefully he will show up.
Post automatically merged:

there is this cyberpsycho who was one of the last Brick loyalists and if I remember correctly he went insane after Royce's betrayal so maybe that was his doing before we neutralize him
got that cyberpsycho as well on my second brick-saving playthrough.
dont know about the first time, maybe if forgot or didnt pay attention

Last edited:
Yeah.

I saved Brick in day one playthru. By the version 1.11 I got to totentantz and I got Brick in there.

Now however I did handle the malestrom the same, Was on their side, when they got attacked, saved brick etc. I got Royce now.

I think it may be bug.

Yeah.

I saved Brick in day one playthru. By the version 1.11 I got to totentantz and I got Brick in there.

Now however I did handle the malestrom the same, Was on their side, when they got attacked, saved brick etc. I got Royce now.

I think it may be bug.
So you fight Militech ?
If yes, even if you save Brick (or not), Royce still the Boss of maelstrom :)
(And maybe Royce finally kill Brick... Brick is sit on a chair with a mine in front of him, it's not like Royce take care of him, for sure)

Top Bottom