[SPOILERS] Can't leave Clouds after completing Automatic Love 1.06

+
On my second playthrough and this is the first time coming across this bug. I did some testing for those interested and it seems to be related to dealing with the guards and choosing the non-hostile quest ending. Some key points below when I tried to replicate the bug;
  • First playthrough was a skulker, silently took out guards, obtained VIP token, explored. I skipped the whole doll encounter, checked around Ev's room with Johnny, and came across Woodman on accident. I chatted him up, beat him with my fists to knock him out, then fought my way out of Clouds violently, no bug.
  • Second playthrough, same as the first, skulker, skipped doll encounter, silently took out guards until not a single one was left. Picked up the cocktail stick, all of Ev's things, shards etc.
  • Got to Woodman's office, turned around and went to do the doll encounter just to see what it was like. Followed up with Tom.
  • Confronted Woodman with Corpo option to cut a deal. We finish the convo, game bugs, no objective in the journal and I can't retrieve my weapons or leave the front door, stuck in Clouds.
  • I reloaded to before doll encounter (after taking out guards), skipped doll, same bug. I tried doing doll, skipping Tom, same bug. (Corpo deal option).

SOLUTION
  • Reloaded a fresh save right after depositing my weapons into the locker. Essentially started over.
  • Progressed the quest objectives as the game suggests you should but without touching a single guard. Doll encounter > Ev's Room > VIP Lounge with Tom > Woodman's Office > Corpo Deal. Objective finally updates with 'Leave Clouds' as it wasn't before, all is normal and THEN I skulk around and loot the Katana, Ev's stuff, shards, etc.
From what I can tell, neutralizing guards + non-hostile quest ending replicated this bug for me. Neutralizing guards and then fighting out of Clouds with the hostile option let me leave, and neutralizing guards AFTER the non-hostile ending let me leave as well. I'll submit a report as well. Can't believe that after 140 hours I finally found out I had a first name.

Better put spoilers in the Title.

Strange. I've had multiple playthroughs of Automatic Love, where after I've spoken to the Doll (tried both Skye and Angel) and explored Booth 11 - then:

1. Gone loud and contagioned all the Claws to get to VIP level
2. Followed the Adept into the bathroom to mug him for his access token (and used the elevator) with the "non-hostile" encounter with Woodman (no other guards eliminated other than the Adept and the guy on VIP holding down what appears to be an IT server room)

In all cases, I'm able to leave Clouds and even get down to ground level before I have the cutscene with the Relic breaking down.

Better put spoilers in the Title.
Noted, sorry about that.

To your observation, immediately after talking to Johnny in Woodman's office, NPC's would start calling me as if I was in open world. Current quest would be A.L. but no objectives, and I would get that 'relic breakdown' effect in my vision you mentioned, but couldn't leave. I did some searching and I guess is was a bug pre 1.04 that was supposed to be remedied with that patch? Not sure.

I would definitely file this as a trouble ticket. Given the multiple ways to complete a Main Story Mission, it's entirely possible you stumbled onto some combination of actions that the QA didn't recreate.

Top Bottom