[SPOILERS] DLC Conclusion : Finish the Main Story

+
Forgive my poor English.
But I wish it will be the fact, not a suspicion.
And actually it should be a patch, not a DLC, but they may have to finish the story by DLC.

First at all, CDPR doesn’t finish the main story. It doesn’t means V have to gain a living-ending, which I will explain later, but the story structure is totally wrong.
After V get relic, we just spend a week, which help Takemura to visit Hanako, then V suddenly dying, and the story end. Basically, the main story obviously just start and be scrapped. CDPR use the ending story to make it looks OK, but anyone who come down from the mood should realized the main story is uncompleted.

CDPR even design the interface to the true story: The visit with Hanako. Anyone can continue the story from that point.
At this timing, V have two strong motive, which is both relate to Arasaka:
  • Yorinobu assert V is the assassin from Militech, and a legion of Arasaka ninja is following V.
  • Relic is killing V SLOWLY
That’s why cooperate with Hanako is a good idea. Yorinobu looks like a BOSS. Hanako needs help, V needs Arasaka to solve the problem, at least V can cancel the wanted. Story will push like devil-ending, but the twist would happened while V faced Yorinobu. At that point, V and Johnny will realized Yorinobu is the true partner, a comrade. Then they will cut Hanako out, but she will survive, maybe Takemura saved her. He has disappeared since the conflict at room 303.

After that, V win the friendship from Yorinobu and control the situation, Yorinobu can secret cancel the wanted, but he can’t fix the relic. Hanako hide to the shadow and have two Ultra-weapon, the relic of Saburo, and the super- carrier, she is far from failed. Hellman is a henchman of Hanako, but after her hidden, Hellman have to run. The assault to Hellman should be work at this point, not the timing in first version, but it will hard to change.

Whatever, fight with Hanako and try to fix the relic will be a long story ( Or not too long, 10-15 hours gaming time is good enough ), the true main story, V may have to doom the carrier, which even should take the aid of other Company. And V will find Hanako finally. The story come to a new step at this point, Hanako won’t await her doom, she have a plan, and she win the game this time.

Maybe she put a relic to her head so that Saburo revive, he can’t use her body well, but enough to shutdown Yorinobu‘s power. V lost everything, Yorinobu failed, the only conclusion Hellman give is V will die in 6 month.

Suddenly, V start to understand Johnny, their character changed, Johnny is the true owner of the body, V is a revive ghost. The body belongs to V has already dead at the dump, dead because ambition and bad luck, dead with Jackie, T-bug, Dex and Evelyn, they touch the wrong job, they got the paid. Relic save Johnny not V, he is… a bug, an accident.

The story will make V, and us, understand it, that’s why I think it’s hard to make V alive. Of course, hard doesn’t means impossible, actually I believe at least the true devil-ending can make V survive.

Whatever, it’s hard to recognize the cruel truth, V would do some mad things, even suicide, but he finally made it. V may resuscitate at the dump again, and Johnney say the word in the trailer: let’s burn the city to the ash. Then, they attack the Arasaka tower again, they have to kill Saburo and destroy Mikoshi, V will die, but the city and Arasaka will pay for that, which is very close as the ending we already got.

Let’s talk about the new devil-ending.

At the core room of Mikoshi, Saburo is waiting, he has caught Yorinobu and try to transfer into his body, the system is ready, and V got a chance to live…BY TAKING YORINOBU’S BODY. The Relic will do the same thing happened at V, Johnny take V’s body, V take other’s, FAIR ENOUGH.

But will you do that? Betray everything, even your own body, to get everything, the whole Arasaka.

Or you will accept the fate of death?

Tragedy is always meaningful.

Certainly, player always want all, that’s why a secret-ending is also important. Player don’t care how risky and hard the plan have, So maybe CDPR will made one. Actually, It’s not too hard to live. We will became a relic anyway, so just find a body. If we don’t want to lose our kindness, Total Cyborg is a good choice, maybe Biotechnica is working for that and have some secret progress, which can be touched at some mission. The key tech they miss is Soulskiller, which we just have.
——————————

BTW, it’s the main-story discussion so I haven’t say anything out of main-story, but CDPR have much to fix. Such as the Voodoo Boys, that mission is wrong, the writer just give 2 basic way to finish the story, which both not fit for V. Writer is too focus at the dramatic to keep the rationality well. The demand of Placide is nothing but put a gun to V’s head, everyone in cyberworld knows it. It can’t be so easy, It should cause the conflict immediately, V may shoot him just like Royce. And it even won’t change the story a lot, Brigitte has been caught by Netwatch and V have to save her. The problem is, why CDPR hasn’t make it? They should do.

I wish they can fix this, and many like this.

Forgive my poor English.
But I wish it will be the fact, not a suspicion.
And actually it should be a patch, not a DLC, but they may have to finish the story by DLC.

First at all, CDPR doesn’t finish the main story. It doesn’t means V have to gain a living-ending, which I will explain later, but the story structure is totally wrong.
After V get relic, we just spend a week, which help Takemura to visit Hanako, then V suddenly dying, and the story end. Basically, the main story obviously just start and be scrapped. CDPR use the ending story to make it looks OK, but anyone who come down from the mood should realized the main story is uncompleted.

CDPR even design the interface to the true story: The visit with Hanako. Anyone can continue the story from that point.
  • Yorinobu assert V is the assassin from Militech, and a legion of Arasaka ninja is following V.
  • Relic is killing V SLOWLY
That’s why cooperate with Hanako is a good idea. Yorinobu looks like a BOSS. Hanako needs help, V needs Arasaka to solve the problem, at least V can cancel the wanted. Story will push like devil-ending, but the twist would happened while V faced Yorinobu. At that point, V and Johnny will realized Yorinobu is the true partner, a comrade. Then they will cut Hanako out, but she will survive, maybe Takemura saved her. He has disappeared since the conflict at room 303.

After that, V win the friendship from Yorinobu and control the situation, Yorinobu can secret cancel the wanted, but he can’t fix the relic. Hanako hide to the shadow and have two Ultra-weapon, the relic of Saburo, and the super- carrier, she is far from failed. Hellman is a henchman of Hanako, but after her hidden, Hellman have to run. The assault to Hellman should be work at this point, not the timing in first version, but it will hard to change.

Whatever, fight with Hanako and try to fix the relic will be a long story ( Or not too long, 10-15 hours gaming time is good enough ), the true main story, V may have to doom the carrier, which even should take the aid of other Company. And V will find Hanako finally. The story come to a new step at this point, Hanako won’t await her doom, she have a plan, and she win the game this time.

Maybe she put a relic to her head so that Saburo revive, he can’t use her body well, but enough to shutdown Yorinobu‘s power. V lost everything, Yorinobu failed, the only conclusion Hellman give is V will die in 6 month.

Suddenly, V start to understand Johnny, their character changed, Johnny is the true owner of the body, V is a revive ghost. The body belongs to V has already dead at the dump, dead because ambition and bad luck, dead with Jackie, T-bug, Dex and Evelyn, they touch the wrong job, they got the paid. Relic save Johnny not V, he is… a bug, an accident.

The story will make V, and us, understand it, that’s why I think it’s hard to make V alive. Of course, hard doesn’t means impossible, actually I believe at least the true devil-ending can make V survive.

Whatever, it’s hard to recognize the cruel truth, V would do some mad things, even suicide, but he finally made it. V may resuscitate at the dump again, and Johnney say the word in the trailer: let’s burn the city to the ash. Then, they attack the Arasaka tower again, they have to kill Saburo and destroy Mikoshi, V will die, but the city and Arasaka will pay for that, which is very close as the ending we already got.

Let’s talk about the new devil-ending.

At the core room of Mikoshi, Saburo is waiting, he has caught Yorinobu and try to transfer into his body, the system is ready, and V got a chance to live…BY TAKING YORINOBU’S BODY. The Relic will do the same thing happened at V, Johnny take V’s body, V take other’s, FAIR ENOUGH.

But will you do that? Betray everything, even your own body, to get everything, the whole Arasaka.

Or you will accept the fate of death?

Tragedy is always meaningful.

Certainly, player always want all, that’s why a secret-ending is also important. Player don’t care how risky and hard the plan have, So maybe CDPR will made one. Actually, It’s not too hard to live. We will became a relic anyway, so just find a body. If we don’t want to lose our kindness, Total Cyborg is a good choice, maybe Biotechnica is working for that and have some secret progress, which can be touched at some mission. The key tech they miss is Soulskiller, which we just have.
——————————

BTW, it’s the main-story discussion so I haven’t say anything out of main-story, but CDPR have much to fix. Such as the Voodoo Boys, that mission is wrong, the writer just give 2 basic way to finish the story, which both not fit for V. Writer is too focus at the dramatic to keep the rationality well. The demand of Placide is nothing but put a gun to V’s head, everyone in cyberworld knows it. It can’t be so easy, It should cause the conflict immediately, V may shoot him just like Royce. And it even won’t change the story a lot, Brigitte has been caught by Netwatch and V have to save her. The problem is, why CDPR hasn’t make it? They should do.

I wish they can fix this, and many like this.
so many questions and not enough answers =(

Guest 4412420

Hanako is incredibly vague in just how exactly Arasaka could help V. Becoming an engram is not something every V would be willing to do, but at least Alt is upfront about it. Megacorps ruined the world. Seems like a bad idea to trust them.

Yorinobu assert V is the assassin from Militech, and a legion of Arasaka ninja is following V.
Nobody is following V. They're initially insignificant to Yorinobu's plan and in my opinion, the ones who attacked them after Takemura found V in the landfill were sent after Takemura not V, because he wouldn't drop the murder investigation. If Yorinobu deemed V that much of the threat, they'd be randomly attacked by Arasaka goons throughout the game but they're not.

Minus a few differences, that's basically what the Sun and the Star endings already do. Mikoshi is no more, V still has a few months left to live, Arasaka is in ruins, and Saburo's engram is most likely consumed by Alt. I don't understand what's the point of siding with Arasaka if you're going to destroy them in this scenario anyway?

At the core room of Mikoshi, Saburo is waiting, he has caught Yorinobu and try to transfer into his body, the system is ready, and V got a chance to live…BY TAKING YORINOBU’S BODY.
Could you explain how this would work? From what we see in the game, Hanako simply inserted the chip into Yorinobu's head. They didn't have to jack Yorinobu into Mikoshi at all. Alt is needed in order to seperate Johnny's engram from V, but involving her would just basically make this like the other endings but with a body snatching twist.

If V could upload their engram into a different body with no problem, this choice becomes very odd. Why does it have to be Yorinobu? Why would V suddenly want to become a new corporate overlord rather than steal some random person's body?

Edit: oh oops it's an old thread that was necro'd.

The three different start choices should have a bigger impact. Haven't played as corpo yet, but have heard it isn't much different from the other two.

1. Streetkid could have more streetkid specific missions before you slide into the main story. This would be a more hands on street experience with gang violence and set ups. This could be the longest story before you slide into the main story.
2. Nomad would also have more nomad specific missions. This would be more of a "be nice" story. You help the camp with stuff and they give you missions to help others in need that they know of.
3. Corpo could be the shortest of them were you slide into the main story rather early. But you would be forced to do some things that are morally wrong. Things that are boosting the company in one form or the other. In the end, playing as corpo could give you the option to actually survive as V. Again, you would have to do a decision that is morally wrong only to save your self.

So far. I killed myself my first playthrough. In the one I just finished today I choose to survive for half a yeah or what ever it was.
This is contradicting what I wrote earlier about corpo as I will play as corpo next time. But I hope I get to play as Johnny when I let him take over my body without having to reload a save.

Here is how I think it should go:

- V decides to give her body to Johnny and stay behind in Mikoshi.
- Johnny in V's Body goes soul searching, practices his new found kindness and gentle side, but feels sorry and guilty over what happened to V. He becomes obsessed with V and his/her past and tries to tie up loose ends for his/her in order to ease his feeling of guilt.
- Alt while in the process of merging with the engrams trapped in Mikoshi, "touches" V's engram and within a nanosecond sees all of V's experiences and has all his/her memories. Even though technically an AI, through some miraculous reason Alt starts to feel "empathy" towards V and his/her struggle and abruptly aborts the process. She stores his/her engram back in a cozy corner of Mikoshi and decides to look for a possible solution.
- Arasaka being in total shambles, Alt gains easy access over their entire network and database.
- Alt contacts Johnny via text message. It's just a short message to make sure he knows it's Alt. That and some coordinates.
- He drives to those coordinates and finds they lead to a drop box in a remote town outside of Night City.
- He opens up the box and finds a Biochip similar to the Relic which has a label on it that just says "V". There's also a note with more coordinates.
- He inserts the chip and feels like struck by lightning. After he wakes up disoriented he hears a familiar voice behind him. "Hey, Johnny. Never thought I'd see you again so soon."
- V and Johnny are now in reversed roles. Alt found a way to rewrite the soul killer code. Instead of storing souls of organic human brains, this version allows to exchange one engram with another.
- Johnny/V travel to the new coordinates found in the drop box. They find it leads to a secret Arasaka compound somewhere in the desert. It's heavily guarded and physically as well as virtually off grid. Johnny/V assemble a team of fearless merceneries to attack the compound. They also get help from the Aldecados, lead by Panam piloting a tank unit. Alt can't assisst them though, because it is not connected to the main grid.
- After heavy fighting through numerous of underground levels, defeating military battle cyborgs, drones and highly trained and cyberzombie'd security guards eventually they get to a huge storage unit.
- It is full of sarcophargusses containing the cryogenically frozen bodies of all the victims of the soul killer program. They are being kept, because it turns out the bodies with erased minds are perfectly prepared for housing engrams.
- Yes, Johnny's Body is also there!
- The new Biochip and modified soul killer software have restored V's Body to accomondate her engram, while it has stored Johnny's back to the chip, reversing the process.
- They can now remove the chip and put it into Johnny's original body after defrosting it.
- Halleluja!

EDIT: This is also the final nail in the coffin for Arasaka, as now there's direct evidence of mass murder.

And yes, V and Johnny are just engrams. I. Don't. Care. Last time I checked, they've appeared pretty conscious to me. This whole talk of "souls" is just religious gibberish!

Last edited:

CEAN0

Forum regular
I think CDPR really hacked and slashed the main story to bits to get the game out in time to make the financiers happy, i don't think the main story we see to day is any way near what the original uncut version did look like.

- They can now remove the chip and put it into Johnny's original body after defrosting it.
"Defrosting it' could be not enough, in my opinion. Anyway, I don't want to "see" or "be" Johnny, returning in a body who have be thrown and stayed 50 years under few foot of dirt in the oil field with probably a massive pollution around. It must not be nice to see :)
(or by miracle, Smasher didn't follow Saburo's orders to get rid of everything about Johnny ?)

Aaah, I guess I must've slept during the part where Saburo tells smasher to get rid off the body...

Shame. Well, saving Johnny was just a bonus. I guess it'll be okay for him to go now since he finally fulfilled his deed to V, as well having destroyed Arasaka for good. I'd love an ending like that too, because Johnny has his redemption and V gets to live on. Thinking about it, maybe it's even better this way. There's no "mission" for him left anyway after Arasaka has been destroyed.

In fact, Saburo only care about engrams (consciouness and datas), the "body" still a useless piece of meat which it has no real use for. He already have Mikoshi where he "store" all his "prisoners" where they can't lie, they can't escape, they don't require anything and in addition, they are not really aware of being there (the dream for a prison director).
But yeah, when it's "your" useless piece of meat, it's seem to be way more important :D

Top Bottom