[Spoilers] Does Geralt Die?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Spoilers] Does Geralt Die?

If Ciri is dead and you kill the last Crone, Geralt throws away his steel sword at the Crone. However he still has his silver sword lying on the floor. And we see a lot of Necrophages closing in. The ending is ambiguous as to whether Geralt dies in his grief or whether he nevertheless fights his way out at the last minute. What do you guys think?

I think he dies, he just doesn't seem like he's willing to fight on anymore. I know everyone's big thing is since we never see Ciri's body how would we know she's dead but Geralt would know he is linked to her and he felt like he failed his child beyond redemption.

Even tho this is one of the game endings I don't think this is the way it actually it's mean to end.

i think he dies, he just sits thinking about ciri's death, and he doesn't fight the monsters, he lets the monsters kill him :(

One way to support the notion that he dies is that there is no epilogue about him. But then that could be just to reinforce the ambiguity.

Yeah, he was acting really suicidal, so I assumed he let himself be killed by the swamp monsters. I think he lost his sanity in the epilogue. Have you seen his eyes when he slaughtered all the hunters to save the wolf?

If he did die, that would be a terrible writing by CDPR. It gave us no indicator of what we were doing. And a lot of the choices that were flagged as "negative" are actually pretty good sound and good choices. For example, it is true that Geralt and Ciri could have used the funds given by the emperor and that Geralt partake in Ciri's conversation with the Lodge. Really the notion that doing these things would lead to Ciri's "lack of confidence and death" and thus Geralt's death is just bad writing.

Personally I see that ending more as a very elaborate "You Failed" or "Game Over" sequence. You made some bad choices, so you get a terrible "non-canon" ending.

"YOU LOSE.........CONTINUE?" *insert coins to try again*

If he did die, that would be a terrible writing by CDPR. It gave us no indicator of what we were doing. And a lot of the choices that were flagged as "negative" are actually pretty good sound and good choices. For example, it is true that Geralt and Ciri could have used the funds given by the emperor and that Geralt partake in Ciri's conversation with the Lodge. Really the notion that doing these things would lead to Ciri's "lack of confidence and death" and thus Geralt's death is just bad writing.

This maybe the most important scene concerning the ending you get . There are three choices to a particular part of the conversation . CDPR doesn't hold your hand here I don't feel Geralt's death is bad writing . All choices in Ciri's story are in many ways good just what ones are the right ones for her .is another question .

Everything indicates that he dies.
For me it's the worst ending, because it doesn't really makes sense....

But hey, every ending doesn't really make sense ( because everything depends only on ciri....)

I don't hink he dies. The second time you meet the crones, they say that IF you find Ciri, one of you will die. If Ciri goes away, you assume she dies and Geralt doesn't.
I f you think that Ciri survives, but doesn't come back, then Geralt dies.

Geralt could probably kill all those drowners and water hags in his sleep. Honestly, I don't see why he should be suicidal even if Ciri dies. In the context of the story, she sacrifices herself to save their world, and probably all worlds in every alternate universe. A very noble cause that she would have only done due to Geralt's teachings. IMO, he should be proud of her. A better death than being killed in a Witcher contract gone wrong or as a bored Empress who would probably get assassinated

We never see Ciri in the process of dieing, so maybe Geralt gives his Live to the crones to save Ciri's. Because one of them has to die:
I don't hink he dies. The second time you meet the crones, they say that IF you find Ciri, one of you will die. If Ciri goes away, you assume she dies and Geralt doesn't.
I f you think that Ciri survives, but doesn't come back, then Geralt dies.

For example, it is true that Geralt and Ciri could have used the funds given by the emperor and that Geralt partake in Ciri's conversation with the Lodge. Really the notion that doing these things would lead to Ciri's "lack of confidence and death" and thus Geralt's death is just bad writing.

I don't know ... if I were in danger and I found out that my parents had to be paid in order to come to my aid, that would shake my confidence quite a bit. Even if that's not necessarily how Geralt intended it, she might construe it that way.

I got the impression that the depressing ending results in Geralt's demise. The last crone tells him something to the effect of "I can smell death on you," and it's pretty clear that he has given up.

He's dead Jim.

Really though, what more could be done without flat out saying it. Geralt displays a recklessness and disregard for his own life in that ending. It's obvious that the weight of Vesimir and Ciri's deaths have broken him, and he just doesn't want to live anymore.

Well, in my opinion :
- having destroyed armies, giants, and entire monster swarms that would only leave a scratch on Geralt's lightest armor, I can't see him die even if he wanted to. I only see it as a moment of resignation. Like a moment of penitence, before having to deal with the only thing left in his life : monsters. (which coincides with how we met a werewolf in an epilogue.)
- references to the main quest in xpacs dialogues are a proof that he's not supposed to be dead.

My ending was really bad and sad so i wouldn't be surprised if he just gave up on life.

He lost pretty much everything :

His adopted daughter Ciri - died
Uncle Vesemir died ( he was like a father to him )
Triss and Yen left him
His Witcher friends left him
Vernon Rache and Bianca died
He chopped Keira's head
plus Geralt is getting too old for killing monster's

in my opinion Bad Ending is the Best way to end Witcher game, The revenge on that last Witch was too damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom