[Spoilers] Does Geralt Die?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ending was really bad and sad so i wouldn't be surprised if he just gave up on life.

He lost pretty much everything :

His adopted daughter Ciri - died
Uncle Vesemir died ( he was like a father to him )
Triss and Yen left him
His Witcher friends left him
Vernon Rache and Bianca died
He chopped Keira's head
plus Geralt is getting too old for killing monster's

in my opinion Bad Ending is the Best way to end Witcher game, The revenge on that last Witch was too damn good.

How on earth did you managed to do all that? :D :(

But back to the point... My boyfriend had that sad ending too. He was certain that Geralt died. I'm not sure. It looks like he died, but I think that there is a reason for that little "backdoor" that he didn't. What if Geralt's story continues sometimes? Even if this supposed to be last part? What if the Wild Hunt ended but something else comes up?

What becomes to those good choices... Ciri is/was kinda difficult and stubborn person. Who knows what Ciri thinks is best for her? Like @dmcaldw said.

And the greatest thing of all... Although the ending seems horrible and sad, I think it's beautiful in it's own sad way (my english isn't THAT great, so this might also be a misunderstanding of some sort...). They took feelings away from Witchers that they won't feel fear when fighting monsters. Witchers have that code they follow, not their heart. They can't have children etc. They are like programmed robots. I know it isn't that simple, but I think you get the point. Yet Geralt feels so sad about Ciri, he kills the last Crone for revenge and that he can have back that medallion that was so important to Ciri. What could be more beautiful?

I hate to admit it this was my favorite ending watching a pissed off Geralt just tearing through the swamp on a vendetta, but it is what it is Geralt was different from the other Witchers either stemming from his extended trial or maybe his lineage he has had to get through bouts of depression before that he almost didn't. Another key thing to remember is while being controlled by the player Geralt can seem like an unkillable badass but in tradition with the books he does have a finite amount of stamina while we only see ghouls and drowners at first I'm sure there would also be fiends,leshens and chorts right along with them. I'm guessing he went down taking as many as he could with his sword and with blood toxic enough to melt through steel.

Gerald didn´t die and there is a proof!
If you got this ending where he kills the last crone than you can watch your mission log. Check the last quest under completed Missions and you find this text ( it´s translated from germany so of course it won´t be 100% correct) :

"Gerald found the last of the crones in the swamp and killed her. After that he took from the corpse the madailon of Vesemir, which felt it has been an Eternity , when Ciri wear it. From now on it should be a memento (keep-sake) of two lost friends. You ask what happened afterwards? Well that´s another story."

I love this end now and i think it´s great.

Gerald didn´t die and there is a proof!
If you got this ending where he kills the last crone than you can watch your mission log. Check the last quest under completed Missions and you find this text ( it´s translated from germany so of course it won´t be 100% correct):

This is the English version from the game:

"Geralt found the last Crone in the swamp village and killed her. He reached down to her stiffening corpse and removed Vesemir's medallion, the one Ciri had kept what seemed like an eternity ago. This would be a memento of his two lost friends. What happened then, you ask? That, my dear reader, is another story altogether."

This question is probably 6 months late, but for those of you who opted for a successful romance with Triss/Yen, but got the 'suicidal' ending, did you still get the ending powerpoint slide with Geralt moving in with Yen/Triss?

This question is probably 6 months late, but for those of you who opted for a successful romance with Triss/Yen, but got the 'suicidal' ending, did you still get the ending powerpoint slide with Geralt moving in with Yen/Triss?
No. When you get that ending we don't know what happen to Triss or Yennefer.

3-year necro. (Zombies everywhere. Still exhausted from the 6-year necro the day before, he simply pulls out a radio.) Airstrike. (With a deadpan expression, he points the laser to the ground at his feet.) My position.

(vvvVVVRRROOOOMMMmmm... BOOOM)

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom