[SPOILERS] Don't fear the Reaper

+
Apologies if this thread already exists, if yes, feel free to merge it.

I wanted to ask you guys what you thought was the point of the secret ending and what the heck went wrong there.
I think most of us agree that all the endings more or less suck. You'd think that the secret ending you only get with consulting a guide (and in my case, replaying 30 hours in order to get the conversation with Johnny right) would be something special, right? For example, your relationship with Johnny and the fact that he is willing to sacrifice himself for V could lead to an additional option where V is not left with the infamous 6 month lifespan, or where they merge or whatever.

Instead apparently the only difference to the Blaze of Glory ending is that Rogue lives? And even so she is still alive, V now runs the Afterlife. Why? How? An apparently there is no difference to the messages you receive in the credits (and no message from Rogue, so apparently the credits think she is dead...?!). It kinda feels like the secret ending was slapped on as an Easter Egg but not really thought out well, since it is full of contradictions. Kind of like a symptom of the game as a whole.

What do you think?

Apologies if this thread already exists, if yes, feel free to merge it.

I wanted to ask you guys what you thought was the point of the secret ending and what the heck went wrong there.
I think most of us agree that all the endings more or less suck.

No we don't. There are many that share your sentiments regarding the endings, there are many that do not. But do not presume that your viewpoint represents the majority.

well, I since the most vocal people on the internet discussing the game (and not just complaining about the technical issues) are in this forum and the largest thread by far is the "the endings sucks thread", I'm pretty sure that a large enough number of people doesn't really like the endings.

But that wasn't my main point here. What I want to know is, what exactly was the point of adding a hard to reach secret ending, when it's actually not significantly different from one of the other endings and the end credits have been copy/pasted?

mbrto

Forum regular
i think the sun ending is fantastic
when i was sitting on that roof i thought the best way would be to storm saka tower myself without sacrificing my friends along the way. after all i have a silenced sniper rifle that can shoot though any wall and 1-shots any enemy.

and when he brought up that option i actually felt like sharing a mind with johhny silverhand.
that level of mind games absolutely blew my mind

well, I since the most vocal people on the internet discussing the game (and not just complaining about the technical issues) are in this forum and the largest thread by far is the "the endings sucks thread", I'm pretty sure that a large enough number of people doesn't really like the endings.

But that wasn't my main point here. What I want to know is, what exactly was the point of adding a hard to reach secret ending, when it's actually not significantly different from one of the other endings and the end credits have been copy/pasted?

Avoid buttressing your points with presumptions. And the point of the ending it blindingly obvious. It is a higher difficulty tier ending, allowing you to take on Arasaka by yourself, in a frontal assault that is far more difficult than the other missions (Ariel assault planned by Rogue, or Subterranean assault from the Nomads) Its for players that wanted more of a challenge for the final mission and it allows you to avoid any further major ally NPCs being killed.

I mean, people seem to like bitching endlessly about not being able to save Jackie or Evelyn. The game gives you a choice of an ending where you don't have to choose between sacrificing Rogue or Saul, but makes you work for it.

HI, I have a question, I finish all side quest's, my ballance with johnny is 60% and I can t get access to secret ending. Is it possible at this stage to do something to get it or I need to start the game again to play that extra ending?

The largest thread is the largest thread because I and a bunch of other people there think the people who think the endings suck are wrong, some are spreading active misinformation, and that some of the endings are awesome. I've posted there hundreds of time.

Usually with some variant of, "You know V lives in Nomad, right? Also the Arasaka ending. Stop saying they die."

Top Bottom